Gransnet forums

Chat

What is making you happy today?

(162 Posts)
Blossoming Tue 08-Jun-21 11:41:58

So many things to be happy about for me today.

It’s warm and sunny, soothing muscles and making movement easier.

Both laundry hampers are completely empty!

Washing drying on the line in the glorious sunshine.

We have a bulky waste collection booked for today, can finally get rid of some major clutter.

My great nephew is celebrating his 9th birthday, thriving after scaring us all by arriving 6 weeks early via an emergency caesarean due to a detached placenta.

I feel so much more hopeful today.

cupcake1 Wed 09-Jun-21 11:44:12

DS1 coming any minute from Oxford to take us out to lunch. SO excited to see him!

Daisydaisydaisy Wed 09-Jun-21 11:45:50

Hi there .
I have started My Divorce with clean break proceedingsgrinafter over 5 years separation...it should be straight forward as we have dealt with finances already .
We have had few issues since so hopefully will be sorted easily fingers crossed smile

Noname Wed 09-Jun-21 11:48:44

Lovely sunny day!

Granddaughter’s negative Covid test!

Found some good books in the charity shop!

albertina Wed 09-Jun-21 11:50:07

Appointment with a wonderful physiotherapist to ease the awful pain I have been in.

GrammarGrandma Wed 09-Jun-21 11:52:26

Sun is shining, a work task I thought would take all morning was done and approved by 11.20am, it looks as it we'll be exchanging on our old house at the end of next week, I am sitting in my garden office in the new house, with my blue Burmese boy cat beside me, having just had mid-morning coffee. Life is good.

But yes, Grandmafrench life can change in an instant. Went to my cousin's funeral last Friday, to visit a friend with a terminal illness yesterday and will be seeing another with a different terminal diagnosis on Saturday. Carpe diem.

Blossoming Wed 09-Jun-21 11:53:14

Yesterday evening I received the wonderful news that my big brother has finished his cancer treatment and blood tests all OK. Ongoing he will have 6-monthly blood tests and a review with his assigned nurse. I know this doesn’t mean it’s all over but it’s a very positive step on the way, I love him so much, he has been my friend and protector ever since my birth.

semperfidelis Wed 09-Jun-21 11:57:32

Attending a zoom meeting with friends in the Exeter U3A. Yes, I know lots of people don't like zoom, but I've enjoyed lots of stimulating meetings over Lockdown which have kept my brain alive. Having gained a few pounds during Lockdown, I enjoyed a fruit salad with yoghurt for breakfast. Will my resolve last for the rest of the day?

Flakesdayout Wed 09-Jun-21 11:58:14

50/50 day for me too. Son having to go to London for a meeting :-( Me - I have to take extra meds as my levels for one thing have dropped :-( - really am impatient and want to be normal again. On a positive note - sun is shining, blue tits babies have fledged as have the blackbirds so the garden is full of noise. Onwards and upwards

wetflannel Wed 09-Jun-21 11:59:51

Happy because my shade plants have arrived to plant under our pergola. So a good day in the garden.

RosieJ18 Wed 09-Jun-21 12:00:25

Nothing !
My cancer symptoms are playing up .
I have hurt my back.
And ... just got diagnosed with blo....y shingles so now can’t get to chiropractor!
Hoping for better things ......

Harmonypuss Wed 09-Jun-21 12:11:01

The fact that my (hopefully ex) partner hasn't been in touch for 6 days!

I'm sick of just being someone to talk to when he's bored at work, he rarely makes plans to see me and then cancels at the last minute because his grown-ass daughters decide they want him for some ridiculous reason when they've not bothered with him for months. So yes, I'm perfectly happy to be sitting here reading my book without any interruptions.

Edsgran65 Wed 09-Jun-21 12:11:46

The sun is shining, there are only 2 weeks left till the end of term and I just bagged tickets to see my favourite group (Biffy Clyro) in September!

Silvertwigs Wed 09-Jun-21 12:14:07

Lovely to hear Blosdoming. I’m 6 weeks post gastric bypass and have dropped 15kg so I’m happy too!

annifrance Wed 09-Jun-21 12:14:26

Hot and sunny here, blue skies and I had my first swim last night. The pool is clearing so it's gorgeous.

We had our second vaccine yesterday.

Last Friday at last our application for Residency Permit went through and acknowledgement from the Prefecture so now await our rendezvous to sign, hand over photo and do fingerprints in readiness for the long awaited. Will breath again when it is safely in my hand!

The gite is full for July and August so big relief financially.

Had a lovely long chat with long time friend this morning.

Always happy living in this remote rural valley in Southern France.

Kate1949 Wed 09-Jun-21 12:20:59

Hot and sunny here and Tesco's have just delivered our order smile

sunnybean60 Wed 09-Jun-21 12:22:41

Thanking my lucky stars my loved ones are all fine and healthy and able to enjoy today.

Auntieflo Wed 09-Jun-21 12:25:40

Beautifully sunny garden to sit in, while the electrician gets on with whatever he is doing today.
Yesterday, I had my application for a Blue Badge accepted and should receive it within 10 working days.

Gwan1 Wed 09-Jun-21 12:27:59

So grateful for our NHS.We are so very lucky in the UK. Been for mammogram this morning and feel so very lucky.

Blossoming Wed 09-Jun-21 12:28:24

So sorry RosieJ18 I’ve had days like that too. Bad backs are painful enough without shingles on top. Hope things improve soon flowers

Sandrahill Wed 09-Jun-21 12:29:47

My hubby being alive! We are at hospital as out patient right now, but at least he is hime again and alive. Diagnosed with incurable cancer but awaiting more chemo and a chance of remission please God. So blessed to have him in my life still. Enjoy each moment of each day as life is fragile and finite.

Esspee Wed 09-Jun-21 12:41:44

Today our first lateral flow tests are negative. We sent away for them as we are visiting friends 200 miles away this weekend, one of whom is very vulnerable. It means a lot to her to get out and mix again, we wanted to ensure we do all in our power to protect her.
While I was getting my hair cut (great job Barry-thanks) a lovely young man in a nearby shop transferred everything from my old phone to my new ones. Well worth the £10 as it will save a huge amount of stress.
Then I returned to find OH had our main meal (which we now have early afternoon) well underway so any moment now I am apparently having fish pie, cabbage and carrots.
I am really grateful that life is so simple and pleasant for us.

inishowen Wed 09-Jun-21 13:43:11

We had our granddaughter stay last night. She had a bit of a wobble at 10pm wanting to go home to her mummy. Im happy that I convinced her to stay and she had a good sleep. Also happy I got her to school this morning with no rushing or stress.

Theoddbird Wed 09-Jun-21 13:48:47

A friend has offered to come and drive me to a clinic and hour and quarter away for referral appointment for my cataracts. She has a 45 minute drive to get here. I can't drive again until surgery is done. Yesterday someone turned the request down saying it was too dark for them. Knowing who is a true friend made me happy smile

PernillaVanilla Wed 09-Jun-21 13:48:51

I went out early with my dog for a walk across the fields and came across Mummy and Daddy Swan with their 6 cygnets grazing in the field next to the canal where they live. Last year they managed to raise 4 cygnets to independence and they are the most attentive of parents, still bringing a smile to my face thinking of them.

Nanjust60 Wed 09-Jun-21 13:48:52

Having a day off work and chilling in the sunshine ?