Gransnet forums

Chat

To make you smile!

(14 Posts)
Maywalk Sat 12-Jun-21 11:50:32

Reminds me of my 4 year old g/grandson when I last saw him a few months ago in the flesh. He came and looked closely at my face and said very seriously"Ma I think you ought to go to the doctors to ask him to get rid of the lines on your face" He meant my wrinkles and at the age of 91 I have quite a few. LOL

hazel93 Sat 12-Jun-21 09:45:50

A tad off piste but well recall working in a school where many kids were not encouraged at home to further their education.
Would not be allowed now but I instigated Saturday morning detention. Of course only a few would turn up until word went around it "wasn't school" it was fun.
We built a pond, a veg. patch, etc.
Still in contact with many who did go on to be very successful in their chosen field .
That certainly makes me smile.

Grandmadinosaur Fri 11-Jun-21 21:56:12

georgesgran when my son was doing this at school he came home and told me that ladies have a giant ?

Georgesgran Fri 11-Jun-21 21:24:42

My friends grandson (9) was learning about penises and Chinas. Didn’t make much sense until she realized he meant vaginas!

Grandmajean Fri 11-Jun-21 20:38:04

I have a store of these from my teaching days but a favourite is
"When Queen Victoria was a baby George the Turd was on the throne"

PinkCakes Fri 11-Jun-21 20:21:08

My late mother-in-law, when hearing about a trek the Dalai Lama had made, said "Oh that poor llama, having to walk all that way"

Aveline Fri 11-Jun-21 19:40:56

DGS told me he'd been studying the facts of life for two whole years. Who'd have thought there was so much to it!

Kim19 Fri 11-Jun-21 19:38:46

We were getting dressed in the swimming pool when my 5 year old GD said 'why are your boobs away down there?' I made a very off the cuff reply which she found acceptable but I've never forgotten this and it always makes me smile. There was me thinking I was holding my own (so to speak!) in that department. Dream on!

NannyJan53 Fri 11-Jun-21 19:10:44

When my Niece was 5 she patted her Granddads tummy and said, "you've had too many dinners"

Redhead56 Fri 11-Jun-21 18:54:54

One of my twin GD patted my tummy and said you have a big belly nanny and then. Did my daddy come out of there? I am now thinking I need to diet! Children do not mince their words.

Lucca Fri 11-Jun-21 18:15:30

My history teacher friend frequently got essays about the duck of Normandy.

ayse Fri 11-Jun-21 18:03:36

??

grandMattie Fri 11-Jun-21 18:00:56

Read in the paper that some poor person was “incubated because of breathing difficulties “!

Luckygirl Fri 11-Jun-21 17:57:25

From the lips of 6 year old GS: "The velociraptors wreaked haddock in Jurassic Park!"

Sounds a bit fishy to me! smile