Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday, deputising for *Mick*.

(58 Posts)
Marydoll Sun 13-Jun-21 06:26:00

Wakey, wake everyone!!

Gingster Sun 13-Jun-21 09:11:47

Good morning all from a beautiful day here on the Suffolk coast. It’s going to be a scorcher! ?

I expect the beach will be fairly busy today. It’s never crowded as we’re off the beaten track here. A day in the garden for me. Footie for DH - I will potter and read my book. I’ve got a chicken already in the oven, so we’ll have it cold with salad and new pots.

Hope everyone on holiday is having a great time and enjoying the change of scene. With gorgeous weather too. ?

Hope everyone who is poorly are feeling a bit better and on the road to recovery. ☺️

Enjoy today. ???

Gwenisgreat1 Sun 13-Jun-21 09:30:29

Good Morning all from Sunny Harrogate!
Yesterday had an emergency call from DD2, she had a migraine, could we pick up DGS and can he stay the night with us! Again I had him sleeping in my bed, I really should practise sleeping with an octopus, it might be easier.
DD2 has been to pick him up, feeling much better - it seems I'd dressed him in his PJs, they were very decorative
Must go, I'm hoping to make it to church this am, will probably fall asleep!!
Hope to catch up with your goings on later!

Have a good day, folks.

Dogsmakemesmile Sun 13-Jun-21 09:35:08

Good morning from an increasingly warm Scottish Borders. Lovely to hear of everyone else's plans for day ahead. Hoping to buy some geraniums for a window box. Listening to Broadcasting House on R4. Always find it informative and reassuring plus quirky at times. Going to make a banana and chocolate marble cake later. Not sure if it is a great combo but have been asked to bake one for family member. Have a good day.

Grandmajean Sun 13-Jun-21 09:36:47

Good morning all from not yet sunny Cheshire, but heat and sunshine promised later !
DS and DD took Grandson to the Monsal trail ( Bakewell / Buxton ) yesterday. A great day out ( bikes fastened to car ) for all ages as no traffic but bikes , horses and walkers. They had a wonderful time .
Not much happening here today so will relax and read all posts. Thank you Marydoll for opening. Enjoy Pitlochry. Lovely little town. May be there in July.

dragonfly46 Sun 13-Jun-21 09:44:33

I too loved The Kite Runner.

gillgran Sun 13-Jun-21 10:17:32

Good Morning to you all from another hot day in Cambs.,

Great photos, thank you for those.

I'll be out of touch from this evening, until late Tuesday or Wednesday. We are off to the NW Norfolk coast, we have to have a smart meter fitted. I know it will be useful that E.ON will be able to read our meter regularly, but we have been reluctant to go ahead.
(We've made excuses not to have one, such as we are a holiday home there & it is remote).
We don't have a smart meter here, at our main home, so we will see how it goes.

Caring thoughts for Auntieflo, Cherry, & all of you who have added problems. flowers. (& where is EV)?

muse Sun 13-Jun-21 12:17:07

Good afternoon Mary and all. Thank you Mary
It’s too hot to be energetic Ali. A saunter is in order ?
Beechnut I read it years ago. Found it difficult (emotionally) to read in places. Not my usual choice but kept reading. I say no more
Mary. Do you know if the fault is at Mick’s or GNHQ’s end? Can he read these posts? The email I had from GNGQ said for him to email a different address (mumsnet) and they would sort it out. I’ve sent it onto Maw . I know she’s doing all she can to help. Enjoy your holiday.

Apart from walks with Mya and a call to my darling daughter in half an hour,I’ll keep in the shade today. DD has been told to self isolate. She’s tested negative. Due here in 2 weeks!!

Stay safe in the sun everyone. ?????