Gransnet forums

Chat

Good morning Tuesday for Mick

(85 Posts)
grandMattie Tue 15-Jun-21 06:05:09

Hello, hello!

dragonfly46 Tue 15-Jun-21 22:22:23

That is good news GrandmaJean. I hope he soon recovers.

Doodle Tue 15-Jun-21 21:10:44

Oh poor little boy. Hope he feels better soon.

Blossoming Tue 15-Jun-21 21:07:23

Good news GrandmaJean hope he’s soon feeling better.

MawBe Tue 15-Jun-21 20:54:29

Oh Grandmajean I think that is what my eldest GS had 3 years ago, when he was 7 - he was crying with pain and I was worried sick. It was just after my husband had died and I was imagining the worst - you know that feeling when you simply can’t take any more?
Every sympathy to your little man , his parents and you , yourself. You should sleep better tonight! flowers

Susan56 Tue 15-Jun-21 17:37:24

Poor little man?glad he is home and hope the antibiotics kick in soon??

Grandmajean Tue 15-Jun-21 17:33:17

Thank you Doodle Nannytopsy Susan56* and MarjieM for your good wishes. He is on his way home with a supply of antibiotics. Mesenteric Adenitis which is not as awful as it sounds - stomach problem which can mimic appendicitis. Common in children. He has tonsilitis too so not feeling great . Covid test negative. Feel happier - we worry so much about our families !

MarjieM Tue 15-Jun-21 17:02:45

Thank you all for your welcome. Grandmajean I hope your Grandson is OK.
I had an exciting day. I went into a supermarket for the first time in at least 18 months. I won’t do it often though. I only went for cat food, and came out having spent way more than two boxes of cat food cost ! ?

Grandmabatty Tue 15-Jun-21 15:12:00

Welcome Marjie

Nannytopsy Tue 15-Jun-21 14:35:40

Welcome MarjieM! There are quite a number of Scottish grans on this thread so I hope you feel at home.
Grandmajean I hope your young man is ok now. ?
Just putting my feet up for 10 minutes before I go out and face the garden again.

Susan56 Tue 15-Jun-21 14:25:55

I hope your grandson is recovered and now home grandmajean.

Welcome MarjieM??

Doodle Tue 15-Jun-21 14:07:40

Grandmajean hope your DGS is fine and home soon.
Many happy returns Dragonfly ? ? enjoy your day.?

Grandmajean Tue 15-Jun-21 13:59:21

Welcome MarjieM - haven't posted today. Grandson (9) taken into hospital yesterday with abdominal pain. Think letting him home today as doesn't seem to be appendicitis. Bit stressed until I know what's what.

Blossoming Tue 15-Jun-21 13:59:01

Hello MarjieM I felt much as you do, almost 2 years ago now! Jump in, the water’s lovely ? You’ll soon get the hang of it. I live in Lancashire, not far from the coast.

monk08 Tue 15-Jun-21 13:43:24

Welcome MarjieM?

Marydoll Tue 15-Jun-21 13:23:59

No sunshine in Glasgow! ☁️☁️☁️☁️☁️??

MarjieM Tue 15-Jun-21 13:20:55

Lucky

MarjieM Tue 15-Jun-21 13:19:32

Thanks @Marydoll . I’m near Lockerbie, it’s cloudy and quite cool. I have sunshine envy for all you luck people basking in sunshine

Marydoll Tue 15-Jun-21 13:00:01

You are very welcome. Please do not be put off by the fact that we all seem to know each other, we were all new once! Marjie. Start with where you are posting from and the weather. Than you can find your way about at your own pace.

MarjieM Tue 15-Jun-21 12:55:28

I’m new here, is this a general thread that anyone can post on ?

Kalu Tue 15-Jun-21 12:26:49

I very rarely post on GN now as I no longer recognise the pleasant site I joined in 2011.

Thank you Blossoming for your kind message to Marydoll, a dear friend to many of us for years who has recently been left extremely upset due to the same individual misreading a well meant message from Marydoll. A simple mistake on her part but who has since, continued to blacken our friends name.

Please don’t make this a reason to leave GN. Mary. ?

Jaxjacky Tue 15-Jun-21 12:21:58

Pleased for you GrannySomerset, looking hopeful.

Marydoll Tue 15-Jun-21 12:15:43

Charleygirl, I second that. Maw deserves a huge bouquet for her sterling effort in supporting Mick. This will have to do instead! ????????

Blossoming Tue 15-Jun-21 11:59:14

Glad to hear things are moving forward GrannySomerset

EkwaNimitee Tue 15-Jun-21 11:50:27

Finally, Good Morning, Mick, and hello everyone from sunny Carlisle. I went into town for a browse around the shops. I nearly came straight back. There was a flight of steps from the car park that set my ticker thumping uncomfortably. I had to stroll very gently about till it finally subsided, not very soon though. Quite a few folk about, mostly just strolling and sitting, enjoying the sun. I am getting desperate to find a hairdressers but the two I spotted were closed down. Finding a good new hairdresser seems worse than changing doctors and dentists. I hope I won't be tempted to take the 2 hour round trip to visit my old one!
Have a good day everyone.

Charleygirl5 Tue 15-Jun-21 11:44:52

Delighted to see you are back in the land of the living. You have been very fortunate to have so many people willing to help you so it must feel good to be now in a position to thank them en masse for their help.