Gransnet forums

Chat

Good morning Tuesday for Mick

(84 Posts)
dragonfly46 Tue 15-Jun-21 06:43:29

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire.

Thank you Mattie for opening and welcome back Mick.
So sorry to hear you are so down Mary and you are thinking of leaving GM. Has something happened - have I missed something?

Today is my birthday so meeting friends for coffee in town and tomorrow we are meeting up with very good friends in Stamford for lunch.

Hope everyone has a good day.

olddudders Tue 15-Jun-21 06:35:23

Good morning from hot rural France, where we are getting over 30 degrees every day right now. Staying indoors from midday seems best!

DW Ashcombe has tried to post today, but being at her Dartmoor retreat - where the birds are clog-dancing on the roof, apparently! - the poor phone signal just won't hack the job, so I am here to reassure that she is fine but incommunicado. She tells me that the Wifi system, which has always been lousy for her cabin, is to be renewed in the Autumn, so maybe next year will be better!

I am sorry that UK has not been let off the leash as expected, but watching the Covid map every day, the huge swathes of yellow zone that were showing a couple of weeks ago have now been replaced by worse green, so the infection is certainly getting about again.

Hopefully Ashcombe will be back on parade tomorrow.

grandMattie Tue 15-Jun-21 06:30:38

Welcome back, Mick.

grandMattie Tue 15-Jun-21 06:29:43

Yesterday’s heat was murderous for me. I loathe being hot and sweaty.
Mercifully day is forecast to be a pleasant 19C.
Took my old friend out yesterday. Persuaded DS1 to come too. He drove, she was charmed/ing. We went to a nearby cafe, closed! Then went to another in the next village, the roads were closed all over the place, finally got somewhere which was open. She was delighted.
Went to the supermarket after dinner. DH couldn’t understand why I bought so many (24) tins of tomatoes. I explained that due to a shortage of sheet steel, there were no tins, so Italian tomatoes were rotting in the fields, there would be a shortage of them over the next 12 months...
Have a good day full of kindness, contentment and pain/anxiety-free. ?☀️??

Marydoll Tue 15-Jun-21 06:28:36

Glad to see you have resolved your issues, Mick, welcome back!

Marydoll Tue 15-Jun-21 06:27:04

Good morning all from a cool Glasgow. Thank you GM for starting today's thread.
I'm disappointed to hear Urmstongran is taking a break, but can fully understand why, I'm of a similar mindset this morning and feeling quite low. After being a member for many years, I'm unsure if GN is for me anymore. ?

Urms, I hope you enjoy your forthcoming trip to Plockton and the Scottish weather is kind to you. Hopefully the midges won't be too fierce.

We both have appointments at the optician's this morning, so an early start for us.

Sending my best wishes to all, who are struggling, physically, emotionally and mentally. ? For those out and about, enjoy, but please stay safe. We are not out of the woods yet!

Michael12 Tue 15-Jun-21 06:26:08

Hello again ,
Something happened , I had a email HQ to try Google Crome and it worked but have gone back to Microsoft edge ,and it worked
Anyway Good Morning Everyone,
the weather , looks hot and sunny but unbearable , usual Tuesday out , to Bicester leaving on a earlier bus fare to pay as I have to see a practice nurse at my surgery this afternoon .
Take Care,
Mick

Dwmxwg Tue 15-Jun-21 06:17:01

Good morning and thank GrandMattie for opening this morning. In for another scorcher here in north Surrey, not that I will be seeing any of it.
Off to the gym now and then working a 10 hour shift so home for breakfast and will be back out again.
Wishing all a great Tuesday, enjoy your day

grandMattie Tue 15-Jun-21 06:05:09

Hello, hello!