Gransnet forums

Chat

Good morning Tuesday for Mick

(84 Posts)
grandMattie Tue 15-Jun-21 06:05:09

Hello, hello!

Dwmxwg Tue 15-Jun-21 06:17:01

Good morning and thank GrandMattie for opening this morning. In for another scorcher here in north Surrey, not that I will be seeing any of it.
Off to the gym now and then working a 10 hour shift so home for breakfast and will be back out again.
Wishing all a great Tuesday, enjoy your day

Michael12 Tue 15-Jun-21 06:26:08

Hello again ,
Something happened , I had a email HQ to try Google Crome and it worked but have gone back to Microsoft edge ,and it worked
Anyway Good Morning Everyone,
the weather , looks hot and sunny but unbearable , usual Tuesday out , to Bicester leaving on a earlier bus fare to pay as I have to see a practice nurse at my surgery this afternoon .
Take Care,
Mick

Marydoll Tue 15-Jun-21 06:27:04

Good morning all from a cool Glasgow. Thank you GM for starting today's thread.
I'm disappointed to hear Urmstongran is taking a break, but can fully understand why, I'm of a similar mindset this morning and feeling quite low. After being a member for many years, I'm unsure if GN is for me anymore. ?

Urms, I hope you enjoy your forthcoming trip to Plockton and the Scottish weather is kind to you. Hopefully the midges won't be too fierce.

We both have appointments at the optician's this morning, so an early start for us.

Sending my best wishes to all, who are struggling, physically, emotionally and mentally. ? For those out and about, enjoy, but please stay safe. We are not out of the woods yet!

Marydoll Tue 15-Jun-21 06:28:36

Glad to see you have resolved your issues, Mick, welcome back!

grandMattie Tue 15-Jun-21 06:29:43

Yesterday’s heat was murderous for me. I loathe being hot and sweaty.
Mercifully day is forecast to be a pleasant 19C.
Took my old friend out yesterday. Persuaded DS1 to come too. He drove, she was charmed/ing. We went to a nearby cafe, closed! Then went to another in the next village, the roads were closed all over the place, finally got somewhere which was open. She was delighted.
Went to the supermarket after dinner. DH couldn’t understand why I bought so many (24) tins of tomatoes. I explained that due to a shortage of sheet steel, there were no tins, so Italian tomatoes were rotting in the fields, there would be a shortage of them over the next 12 months...
Have a good day full of kindness, contentment and pain/anxiety-free. ?☀️??

grandMattie Tue 15-Jun-21 06:30:38

Welcome back, Mick.

olddudders Tue 15-Jun-21 06:35:23

Good morning from hot rural France, where we are getting over 30 degrees every day right now. Staying indoors from midday seems best!

DW Ashcombe has tried to post today, but being at her Dartmoor retreat - where the birds are clog-dancing on the roof, apparently! - the poor phone signal just won't hack the job, so I am here to reassure that she is fine but incommunicado. She tells me that the Wifi system, which has always been lousy for her cabin, is to be renewed in the Autumn, so maybe next year will be better!

I am sorry that UK has not been let off the leash as expected, but watching the Covid map every day, the huge swathes of yellow zone that were showing a couple of weeks ago have now been replaced by worse green, so the infection is certainly getting about again.

Hopefully Ashcombe will be back on parade tomorrow.

dragonfly46 Tue 15-Jun-21 06:43:29

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire.

Thank you Mattie for opening and welcome back Mick.
So sorry to hear you are so down Mary and you are thinking of leaving GM. Has something happened - have I missed something?

Today is my birthday so meeting friends for coffee in town and tomorrow we are meeting up with very good friends in Stamford for lunch.

Hope everyone has a good day.

kittylester Tue 15-Jun-21 06:50:10

Good morning all from a warm and bright North Leicestershire.

Many happy returns, dragonfly. Have a lovely day and a great lunch out tomorrow.

Ironing for me today so I had better get going before it gets hotter. Zoom cafe this afternoon and then a barbecue at my brother's house.

Marydoll Tue 15-Jun-21 07:03:03

Dragonfly, have a lovely day! ?????

Sar53 Tue 15-Jun-21 07:03:33

Good morning from my last morning in Leamington. Leaving here about 9.30 to meet my DH at the Toddington services on the M1, then home to Essex by the sea. I have had a lovely time with my girls and will miss them loads.
Good to see Mick back, thanks for opening up GM, happy birthday to Dragonfly and I'm sorry that you are thinking of leaving Mary, please reconsider as I know that I look forward to hearing from you each day.
Life can be tough at the moment but hopefully it will improve, hang on in there. Love to all xx

Urmstongran Tue 15-Jun-21 07:05:17

Thanks Marydoll. Yes, I decided last night to take a sabbatical for a while. That sounds intelligent put that way doesn’t it ha! Sorry to hear you’re feeling a bit down, just when your Pitlochry holiday seemed to have lifted your spirits too.

I am not leaving - just resetting my controls. I spend too long on here some days to the detriment of my other #lazygran habit of book reading. I cannot believe we are in June and this year so far I’ve only read five books! I could probably read a novel on our trip up to Plockton this Saturday but the scenery is so spectacular around Glencoe I know I’ll want to drink it all in as we travel northwards.

Anyway, best wishes to you all in the interim (another posh word from me ... ‘3 across’?) and as Arnie says “I’ll be back”. x

Alizarin Tue 15-Jun-21 07:13:58

Good morning from a very sunny south Cornwall. Looks like a scorcher is promised. Welcome back Mick, so glad you sorted it. Sorry you're fed up Marydoll. Don't go - how will I know how your fruit trees get on? Today, another little cafe trip down the road to meet a friend, then lying in the shade with a book methinks. Thank you for those kind hip op comments which I haven't responded to individually. You are lovely people. Have the best day you can.

NanKate Tue 15-Jun-21 07:15:22

Good morning GrandMattie and welcome back Mick and All the GM Crew.

A very happy birthday dragonfly. Enjoy your day. ?

Your request dear Mary has been refused! What would we do without you? Come back Urm. Hello Kitty can you fit in 3 more shirts for ironing ? ?

Off for a strong coffee and croissant with DH and then to the bank to pay for my hearing aids, our holiday in the NF and birthday money for our DS to buy some running shoes which cost an arm and a leg ?

Pittcity Tue 15-Jun-21 07:16:45

Good morning from a bright, cloudy Colchester. Welcome back Mick.
Not going too be as hot today. Nothing in the diary again. Walk to Aldi for bits and bobs and move stuff in the garden as we're expecting work to start out there tomorrow.
Love to all x

Jaxjacky Tue 15-Jun-21 07:18:29

Good morning all, thanks for opening gM and welcome back Mick, from a cloudy S Hants.
Happy Birthday dragonfly ??? enjoy your day. Thanks for the message oldudders, reassuring to know all is ok.
Disappointing for Scotland yesterday, Fridays game is a must watch!
Not a lot on today, GP appointment this afternoon and I need to order some meat from the local butcher for a family bbq on Saturday.
Sad to see some discontent amongst our morningers, it’s disconcerting. This thread and the kitchen are like comfort blankets.
Hoping for news from those missing still. Have a pleasant day all.

NanKate Tue 15-Jun-21 07:19:33

So pleased you are making progress Alizarin. ?

You have a sabbatical for about a month Urm. Get reading and then we will be expecting to see you back on GN. You will be missed. ?

MawBe Tue 15-Jun-21 07:21:43

Good morning all - another hot and sunny one.
Happy Birthday Dragonfly -I hope you have a lovely day and will be thinking of you when you go to Stamford- you’re not going to the William Cecil are you? <sigh>
I would like to say I have plans for today - but I would be lying. However a book and cold drinks may feature somewhere
Wishing you all a pleasant day!

Susan56 Tue 15-Jun-21 07:22:26

Good morning from sunny Shropshire.

Thank you for opening and welcome back Mick?

Happy birthday dragonfly, hope you have a lovely day?????

We are going into town this morning.We will either go early and have breakfast out or a bit later and have lunch out then back home for an afternoon of gardening for DH and reading for me.

Enjoy your break Urms and Mary I am sorry you are feeling down.Maybe stick to the good morning thread for a while of which you are an integral part?

Sending love to Cherry?

Thinking of EV and all our missing friends, all unwell and with worries?

Have the best day you can everyone??

brook2704 Tue 15-Jun-21 07:25:02

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s a dry bright start to the day but quite a bit cooler than the last few days
Thanks for opening up GM and really good to see you back mick
A very Happy Birthday dragonfly enjoy your special day! ????
Sorry to hear of some lovely regular posters taking a break on GN but fully understand and hope they’ll be back soon
Today I’m going to my Fitsteps dance class, the first time I’ll be there since last year so I’ll see how it goes. I’ve probably forgotten everything so I’ll be starting again trying to learn all the steps!
I’m also really looking forward to Friday as I’m going down to Cambridge again to visit DD1. This time taking the Inverness to Luton flight rather than the long train journey. I’m really looking forward to seeing her, SiL and my two gorgeous DGS. They grow up so quickly that I really like to see them as often as I can
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings ?

Grandmabatty Tue 15-Jun-21 07:25:12

Good morning all from a sunny Polmont. It's a bit cooler so I hope it doesn't get too hot. The wind had subsided too. Mick it's good to see you back. Marydoll and Urmstongran I'll be sorry if you leave albeit temporarily. I enjoy hearing about both of your lives. Marydoll I'm also sorry that you feel down. You have to do what helps you. ??
Today is a babysitting one. So fish man then the park then the garden in the afternoon. Whatever you do, I hope it's good.

Gelisajams Tue 15-Jun-21 07:25:56

Good morning from Burnham in Norfolk where it’s warm again but hopefully not as warm as yesterday! Tomorrow’s forecast doesn’t bear thinking about then it’s torrential rain for Thursday! I think I shall book myself on a craft course for the day.
This is a fantastic camp site, it only takes little camper vans like ours unlike the big motor homes on the sites we usually go on so we blend in well here. The toilet hygiene organisation is top notch too! We will wander off later somewhere, on a bus. DH has it planned. I just sit back and enjoy!
I don’t like it when our regulars take a break but I do understand why. GN does get a bit addictive although I rarely post on other threads. Come back soon Urmston and don’t leave Marydoll
Glad you are sorted Mick end of frustration for you.
Wishing all with problems worries and I’ll health the best day possible.
Take care everyone stay safe ?

Grandmabatty Tue 15-Jun-21 07:26:21

Happy birthday Dragonfly

Nannytopsy Tue 15-Jun-21 07:28:07

Good morning gM and thanks for opening up. Welcome back Mick - it took an age to get you sorted out. I hope have a good trip today.
Marydoll & Urmstongran you both will be missed. I know how much time I waste on GN and I too have read virtually nothing this year.
We had a very few spots of rain last night - it was very grey all evening but it’s sunny again now. I am looking forward to the thunderstorms on Thursday and the rain on Friday will be welcome, if it arrives.
We are off to visit Ely tomorrow so I probably won’t make it here.
I hope today and tomorrow are kind to everyone.