Gransnet forums

Chat

Good morning Tuesday for Mick

(85 Posts)
grandMattie Tue 15-Jun-21 06:05:09

Hello, hello!

Gelisajams Tue 15-Jun-21 07:28:08

ill health, and a few commas missing. I pressed post instead of preview!

Nannytopsy Tue 15-Jun-21 07:28:59

Happy Birthday Dragonfly!

Gwenisgreat1 Tue 15-Jun-21 07:29:52

Good morning all from bright Harrogate
Thanks for opening GM good to see you back Mick
Don’t leave us Marydoll. Take a wee break if you must. Then you can entertain us with your novellas?
Yesterday picked DGD up from school, in Knaresborough, what a chatterbox she is. She hasn’t been here for quite a while, so when DD arrived for her she was too busy to go home

Eventually peace reigned again and the house nearly tidy again
This pm I have a pedicure booked, a birthday present from DD2

Happy Birthday ? Dragonfly have a lovely day!

Have the best day possible folks.

brook2704 Tue 15-Jun-21 07:30:29

Meant to say thank you for the update on Ashcombe olddudders, good to know all is well ?

monk08 Tue 15-Jun-21 07:31:13

Welcome back Mick and good morning all from the Black country. Sunny once again so washing on.
Sad to hear so many feeling down and taking a break but you must do what's right for yourself.
Happy birthday Dragonfly?.
Safe trip home Sar
Enjoy your day everyone and may you all find some ?.

Scentia Tue 15-Jun-21 07:31:36

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire. A little cooler today I think.
We cancelled our holiday in September to France yesterday, we can only envisaged that the Delta variant will make its way over to mainland Europe by the middle of the summer and we won’t be allowed in anyway, better to cancel now than end up with another holiday voucher on my phone whilst sat in my garden!!! We are off to Wales instead.
Take care my friends and remember your sunscreen and your smile when you venture out??

Gingster Tue 15-Jun-21 07:32:48

Good morning all from an overcast Suffolk coast. Still warm but no sun at the moment.

I went to see The Father yesterday. A brilliant film with great actors but quite distressing . Have been ruminating about it ever since ?.

Up early as I couldn’t sleep and there were , already , dog walkers along the beach.

Happy birthday Dragonfly
We’ll miss you Urms
Hope the day brightens for you Marydoll
Fingers crossed the A127 is better for your return trip Sar. Glad you had a lovely time with your girls.
Welcome back Mick.

Wishing you all a gentle day.????

Beechnut Tue 15-Jun-21 07:33:07

Good Morning everyone from sunny Severnside.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday dragonfly ???.
Welcome back Mick. grandMattie ??

Swimming this morning and another trip to the pharmacy for my prescription. Yesterday they weren’t open and it was gone 9am.
I had a nice time shopping yesterday. I went to a Morrison’s, haven’t been in one in years. I bought a top. The road was very busy with lots of lorries. All on the way to Avonmouth no doubt.
I didn’t do much on my return in fact I watched one of those US afternoon films, in front of the fan. Cool me down!

Have a lovely day all hopefully without too many worries ?
I just want to add to those of you seeking help that when we had FiL, talking to the Health Visitor was suggested by someone. I’d always though they were for baby times.

harrigran Tue 15-Jun-21 07:33:47

Good morning from a sunny NE.
Happy Birthday Dragonfly flowers
DH's blood test was okay yesterday which means he is set for his next chemo session tomorrow.
Had a quiet day yesterday so must get on with sorting out the toys GC no longer want or play with, that will be everything that doesn't have an internet connection then.
Have a good day.

ginny Tue 15-Jun-21 07:34:30

Good morning all from an already warm N. Bucks.
Jobs I should have done yesterday might get done this morning. A friend un expectedly invited me for tea and chat in the afternoon.

DH is off on a golf trip
for 3 days with friends .
This afternoon I am collecting DGS2 from school and then a visit to the park. Will take him home and stay for dinner. Of course I will also see Charlie who I can’t believe is already 6 weeks old.
I hope some of our regular posters stay and just try to limit their time on here instead.
Glad to see Mick back.
Hope everyone finds a smile today.

monk08 Tue 15-Jun-21 07:35:15

grandMattie thanks for mentioning the tomatoes will stock up on tins when next at shops ?.

Beechnut Tue 15-Jun-21 07:44:31

Enjoy your Plockton trip Urms and more book reading. ?

Greyduster Tue 15-Jun-21 07:59:19

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. And welcome back, Mick, at last! The sun is shining in South Yorkshire. We were going to go into town today as I needed to look for a new jacket, but I found one at a local shopping outlet so that’s a problem solved. We are going to a walk round a local garden today which we haven’t seen since the autumn, so I’m hoping for some photo opportunities.
Happy birthday Dragonfly!???. Enjoy your day folks.

Lins1066 Tue 15-Jun-21 08:01:16

Good morning from a sunny S Welsh coast. Hoping for a warmer day, yesterday was dogged by sea mist, when we took the dog down the beach many people were making their way back to their cars, disappointing for them.
Have a great holiday Urm, I will miss you xx
Sorry you are feeling down Marydoll.
Looking forward to a walk later.
All good wishes and a gentle hug to those in pain.
Happy Birthday dragonfly have a lovely day.

Grammaretto Tue 15-Jun-21 08:01:18

Good morning all from the Sunny Scottish Borders.
You can't leave Urms or Marydoll. sad
I felt rubbish when I got back from my wee holiday. It's normal.
You will just have to write a book Urms. Do GN keep the past posts? If they do you could request them and with a little editing you will have a best seller. You and MD and others who write so well.
The gas man cometh today - I hope - and will hopefully locate the leak(s).
I may have to miss yoga while he's here.
My walking friend is back from her hols so we walked for hours last night. It was still light but the midges were out in force.
Poor old Scotland. I knew what the score was as soon as I passed the pub. sad

Our French friend want s to visit in August. He thinks all he needs is a clear test result within 72 hours of leaving. Is that true? Won't he have to take expensive tests here? or quarantine?
A friend's DB, fully vaccinated has just tested positive. No symptoms but could still pass it on. The vaccines are only 60 - 80% effective.
Happy Birthday Dragonfly flowers? ? ??
Have a lovely day.
Hoping everyone's day goes well.

Elizabeth1 Tue 15-Jun-21 08:02:28

Good morning from a sunny and cool morning to the start of the day here on the east coast of Fife. Thankfully the weather was cooler yesterday so sleep came fairly quick. Did anyone hear himself shouting and cursing at the tv yesterday all in all a good day apart from tv shouting. And there’s mr cuckoo clock letting me know it’s nearly time to get up. Lateral flow tests will be done this morning.
Have a lovely day all enjoy the moment ????

cornergran Tue 15-Jun-21 08:10:40

Morning All. Thanks for opening grandmattie and good to see you back mick

Yesterday’s beach trip was quite cool in the breeze, had my paddle and enjoyed a coffee looking out to sea. We wandered for so long we just had to have lunch as well.

Cleaning and ferrying grandchildren to a dental appointment today. Not so keen on the latter as the traffic will be dire, spending some time with the grandchildren will make up for it though.

Happy birthday dragonfly. ???. See you soon urms, sometimes we all need to step back a bit. Might it be the same for you marydoll? Sometimes retreating a bit is all thats needed, hope nothing in particular has caused upset. You taking ironing orders kitty? Happy to send some along smile. Hope tomorrow goes well for your husband harri. and the forecast rain doesn’t dampen you too much gelisajam, your camp site sounds just right for you.

Have the best day you can everyone. Hope Tuesday is kind to us all.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 15-Jun-21 08:12:07

Morning all

Good to see you back Mick your ladies have missed you ?

Happy Birthday Dragonfly wishing you a fabulous day ??????????

Urms & Marydoll take care????

We have The Imp today, then pick up his big brother after school, DD collecting The Imp after work. Big brother will stay for a sleepover as he has active before school tomorrow morning 8am so we take him ??? (Robin Hood in the making)

Sorry your DB is poorly Kitty

Ashcombe enjoy your break

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

Anniebach Tue 15-Jun-21 08:22:21

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

baubles Tue 15-Jun-21 08:27:24

Thanks gM. Welcome back Mick, not being able to log in must have been so frustrating for you.

I’m sorry to hear of discontented good morningers, is there something happening that I’ve missed?

Urms, I could have written your comment about not reading enough, I’m ashamed of myself at times for wasting so much time scrolling through here, Pinterest, and crochet sites, instead of actually doing something or reading something from my ever growing pile of books to be read.

Marydoll people would miss you and worry about you if you left, I hope whatever has upset you can be resolved.

DDog is recovering well from her op according to the vet but she’s very mopey and down in the dumps. I think it may be the babygro type suit she’s having to wear that’s annoying her.

DD is getting concerned about the number of COVID cases in her childrens’ school. She has one child at home as her class is self isolating and another two waiting for test results as they were travelling on the school bus with someone who tested positive.

DH golfing today so I must do something other than faff about wasting time.

Happy birthday to you Dragonfly.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day, especially those struggling with sadness or illness.

Alygran Tue 15-Jun-21 08:29:21

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s a bright morning and quite warm. We haven’t had the very high temperatures here.
Happy birthday Dragonfly.
I was going out to lunch today but my friend isn’t well so it’s been postponed. I have some washing on and will do a bit of gardening.
Have a good day everyone. Take care and stay safe.

Stilllearning Tue 15-Jun-21 08:35:39

Morning from S Lanarkshire, looks okay today.

Happy Birthday dragonfly, have a lovely day.

GrannySomerset I hope you had a good conversation with your GP yesterday and can see a little light on the horizon. You really can’t do this on your own.

Enjoyed my time with the grandchildren yesterday, they are already used to my reappearance in their lives, although 6 year old DGS doesn’t understand that both he and I are a year older and can no longer give ‘piggybacks’.
I discovered that the hard way!

Taking my lovely neighbour out to lunch today as a small thank you for so much kindness during lockdown, so I’m looking forward to that. And thank you for the tip about the tomatoes grandMattie, I use them a lot and will stock up.

Enjoy your reading break Urmstongran and your holiday in Plockton and surrounding areas, it is so beautiful, I hope you get the weather.

Oh blue sky, I must be off, enjoy your day as much as possible everyone ??

BlueSapphire Tue 15-Jun-21 08:37:11

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny ?Northampton. It turned very cloudy yesterday afternoon, so was quite cool for reading in the garden.

This morning I will hoover upstairs, as I need to bring the machine downstairs to hoover up the cat fur which is accumulating, even though they get groomed every day.

This afternoon a health walk beckons; I hope we take it easy in this weather. It will be good to have company, then enjoy a drink and a chat afterwards.

Trying a new recipe for chicken satay tonight - I do love SE Asian food, probably due to my years in Singapore. I remember the satay man coming round on his bike which had a charcoal burner on it - he would cook fresh satay while you wait - delicious!

Happy birthday dragonfly - hope you have a lovely lunch in Stamford. Wonder if you are going to The George? Late DH and I visited a few times for lunch, and once had a weekend stay.

Don't stay away too long Urmston, and enjoy your holiday.

Wishing all a pleasant day in the sunshine ?.

Jaxjacky Tue 15-Jun-21 09:03:18

Grammaretto bit more complicated for French visitors as France is on the Amber list. There is a separate thread running on it, also on gov.uk France travel.

Dogsmakemesmile Tue 15-Jun-21 09:07:28

Weather changing every few minutes in the Scottish Borders. Good morning everyone. Radio four on and physio awaits. I don't plan anything these days, just let the day unravel. Wash done and bathroom will be cleaned shortly. Welcome back Mick. Best wishes to you all.