Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(64 Posts)
Michael12 Wed 16-Jun-21 06:07:01

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking like another hot and humid day here in Brackley .
Apart from a small shop , I had originally planned to visit the celerity, replace flowers and tidy up , but if this heat continues will make it uncomfortable for me.
Saw the practice nurse at my surgery , apart from being overweight, I am OK.
Take Care,
Mick

Stilllearning Wed 16-Jun-21 07:56:28

Morning from a dull wet S Lanarkshire, think it’s to stay like that today but tomorrow looks better.

I didn’t welcome you back yesterday Mick, sorry, I’m glad things are sorted for you and that you had a good health check.
I phoned our surgery yesterday and was given a telephone appointment which never materialised so about to start again when the phone lines open Grrr.

The exercise class that I go to, begins again today after 15 months. It will be so lovely to meet up again and, hopefully, catch up with everyone over a post class coffee.

Welcome MarjieM and hope everyone has a pleasant day?

Gingster Wed 16-Jun-21 07:56:29

Good morning all and another beautiful start to the day here on the Suffolk coast. Yesterday afternoon turned breezy and chilly with the wind coming off the sea.

Today we are lunching with friends, celebrating the lady’s 70th. There will be 8 of us so we have to sit on two tables of 4. ?. Our friends are renting a house just up the coast from here, so it will be interesting to see their place, and we’ll go back to have afternoon tea in the garden. Thunderstorms coming in tonight.

I hope the weather is ok for the weekend as we have DS1 and family coming to stay.

Ash disappointing for you and your drama group.
Brook your DH sounds like mine. He wears the most peculiar combinations but always insists on packing his own case. ?
Yesterday he had on checked shorts and multi-coloured striped t shirt. ?.
I don’t mind if we’re not going anywhere but I’ll have to point him in the right direction for our lunch out today. ?

Aren’t all the poppies beautiful. All shades of red, purple and we even have Yellow Sea poppies all over the beach. With the white sea cabbages they look a treat.

Let’s all have as good a day as we can ???

brook2704 Wed 16-Jun-21 08:00:28

I’ll try to send some sunshine down the road grandmabatty although I think it’s due to cloud over later anyhow ..
So pleased about your DGS grandmajean such a relief!
It’s so good to see you posting marydoll and starting the day together with us. I was sorry to hear you’ve been so upset and sending ❤️

Gingster Wed 16-Jun-21 08:01:19

Sea poppies

Grammaretto Wed 16-Jun-21 08:03:22

Good Morning Mick good to see you back and all from the Scottish Borders where the sky is a threatening grey and it feels like rain .
I wish it would rain and then I wouldn't need to water the garden.

A sad end of an era day for me yesterday. The gas engineer found the leaks and condemned the Rayburn cooker/boiler which has kept the kitchen cosy for over 40 years. It's cooked, baked and heated the water. I made bread in it for 15 years for us and our local cafe. A real old friend.
A replacement would cost more than we paid for our first house. A sobering thought.
However I didn't blow up in a gas explosion and I may need to downsize in the next couple of years so I must try to be pragmatic.

I am glad you had a lovely birthday Dragonfly and a promise of good things today.

Good to hear Ash and Marydoll are safely home.

Hoping everyone's day goes well.

monk08 Wed 16-Jun-21 08:04:12

Good morning from a sunny Black country. Welcome back to the helm Mick.
Its looking very busy on here already will read through once I've got my ☕.
Lazy day today, washing and ironing all up to date, DH did both lawns yesterday so will make the most of the weather before it changes.
Enjoy your day everyone and may you all find some ?.

dragonfly46 Wed 16-Jun-21 08:09:35

Good to see you Mary.

Elizabeth1 Wed 16-Jun-21 08:10:18

Good morning everyone from a very damp and windy east coast of Fife. As the windows were open during the night I heard it all it was also much much cooler but more comfortable to sleep in than the previous heat we’ve had.
Who has a dh like mine who roars and curses at the tv when the footballs on. My ds says his behaviour isn’t quite normal but then she’s never lived with a man who loves a game of football. hmm

I’ve been lucky I’ve lived with him for 50+ years and know exactly what to expect that’s why I have ear plugs wink

Have a good day one and all keep warm and cosy or well rehydrated depending on where you live.

Grandmajean Wed 16-Jun-21 08:18:02

Good morning from sunny Cheshire. Quick visit to say "Thank you " sincerely for your interest and good wishes for my grandson. Still under observation in case anything develops but happy to be home. I am so lucky to be only 5 minutes drive away ! Will pop along today.
You are a great bunch for sending good wishes to a child you don't know !

ginny Wed 16-Jun-21 08:19:10

Good morning. N. Bucks is off to a warm and sunny start.
DH is away on his golf trip till Thursday evening so I have 2 more days to myself.
I have a hair appointment this afternoon and a WI committee meeting this evening.
I was to have lunch with DD1 tomorrow but due to work she has to change it to Friday.
The rest of the time I‘ll just go with the flow.
Healing wishes for all who need them in any way and hope you all find a smile today.

baubles Wed 16-Jun-21 08:27:16

Good morning Mick, morning all from rainy South Lanarkshire. I admit to being quite envious of all the hot and sunny weather many of you are having. I feel the cold and feel so much more alive in the sunshine.

Yesterday I managed to be quite productive, changed the bed, ironed, cleared some drawers and started a new crochet project so I felt a little less lazy.

Shopping delivery today but right now I’m off to wash my hair. I’ll come back later to read all the posts properly.

Wishing everyone the best day possible.

Anniebach Wed 16-Jun-21 08:31:31

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Pittcity Wed 16-Jun-21 08:32:12

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Going to be a hot one broken by thunderstorms tonight.

We are having a patio laid this week and the one guy is breaking up the old paving by hand! I'm hot just watching at it's not 9am yet.

Usual Wednesday coffee meetup, either on a shady terrace or in an air conditioned cafe....I'd choose inside.

Love to all x

Alizarin Wed 16-Jun-21 08:33:08

'You are a great bunch for sending good wishes to a child you don't know!'

Doesn't that just sum up this lovely thread? Your comment Grandmajean moved me and reminded me why I was drawn back here when I had been a bit bruised elsewhere on GN.

BlueSapphire Wed 16-Jun-21 08:33:24

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny ? Northampton. Not a cloud in the sky. I need to walk out and post a birthday card to my niece who turns 51 on Monday - she is special as she weighed less than a bag of sugar when she was born 3 months premature in 1970. No-one thought she would live, but she turned out to be a fighter and has been so all her life.

For some reason I felt down yesterday and could not settle to anything, but had perked up by evening, and tried out the new satay recipe. It was very nice, but don't think I shall bother again. Fish for tea tonight.

Must make sure the front porch door is unlocked as I have a new pack of home Covid tests arriving today. I have been testing before I go out and about mixing with people, so have got through the last pack fairly quickly. Will probably sit in the garden and read this afternoon; just started Stephen Fry's book 'Troy'.

Welcome back Mick; good to see you opening up as usual.

Wishing all a nice sunshiny day.

Alygran Wed 16-Jun-21 08:40:47

Good morning from North Yorkshire. Another sunny day here.
I’m meeting a friend at the arboretum this morning. It will be interesting to see the changes since I was last there about a month ago.
A council van has just been with a bowser and cleaned the road and pavement outside my house. The mess had been left after work for next door. I’m glad I was already up. It was pretty noisy!
Hope everyone has a a good day. The thread feels more positive today.
Take care and stay safe.

Georgesgran Wed 16-Jun-21 08:45:16

Good morning from Durham where it’s set to be cloudy all day then rain overnight.
A friend coming for coffee this morning, then an appointment at my Bank this afternoon. I’ll be halfway to both DDs, so might call and see DGSs. Still have DD2’s dogs here but they’re no trouble and we enjoy our late night walks when it’s cooler.
Hope Harris DH’s chemo goes ahead today - it was always a last minute decision for DH.
?for a good day all. X

Greyduster Wed 16-Jun-21 08:52:05

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is up in South Yorkshire and it’s going to be hot. Don’t overdo it in this heat, Mick.
We visited a local gardens yesterday which is really just a huge rockery. The plants were wonderful and whereas most rhododendrons are now going over, theirs were still going strong. Too much for the eye to take in really. Today we have to do some banking stuff, clean the car and shift some dust!
Welcome to MarjieM, and to all, a happy day.

Lins1066 Wed 16-Jun-21 08:58:06

Good morning all from a partly sunny S Welsh coast, cooler for your visit over the bridge corner, have a good day. Good to see you back Mick.
Welcome MarjieM, we are a friendly bunch.
A walk is planned later. Best wishes to all with medical appointments.
Have a pleasant day everyone.

Party4 Wed 16-Jun-21 09:03:41

Morning all from another hot bright day here in West Yorks.Welcome back Mick lovely to hear your up and running again.If you find the magic to reduce weight please share.
Yesterday as our window cleaner hasn't made an appearance for many weeks decided to remove traces of DGCs water fight at weekend unfortunatley the sun got better of me so job half done.DGCs here after school so need trip to shop for fresh fruit and tea items,feel they will be in need of a light tea tonight.
I do look forward to hearing of your day Marydoll you always tell a good tale.So sorry someone has upset you especially as we are all a little fragile just now.Being a relative newcomer to GN I am just getting to know of regulars and it amazes me how active and busy everyone is.
Best news, mammogram results clear, 4yrs post surgery and I still feel anxious awaiting results also my regular 12wk bloods were fine just my mindset to work on now.
Thoughts to those with illness and worry. Enjoy this weather with whatever makes you happy.

NannyJan53 Wed 16-Jun-21 09:05:58

Good morning from a warm but cloudy Bude!

Spent a day on the beach yesterday , as it was gloriously sunny. Today off for a walk.

Seems I have missed a lot of news, so will have to catch up when home.

Have a lovely day everyone

Nannagarra Wed 16-Jun-21 09:15:21

Waving from sunny Sefton. ?
An empty for me today as DH out with friends. A chance to throw out without having to justify or see items retained! Best wishes to all.

Dogsmakemesmile Wed 16-Jun-21 09:27:52

Good morning from a drizzly Scottish Borders. Great for gardeners and farmers I imagine. A lovely couple may be coming for coffee so I am very excited. Last minute so no real time to bake but that doesn't matter. Have not had people in the house since last year (bar DDs). Great news re another treatment for people in hospital with Covid. How lucky Britain has been with its scientists and NHS. Wishing everyone a peaceful and contended day.

B9exchange Wed 16-Jun-21 09:30:57

Good morning all, a really hot day ahead, then thunderstorms and showers. Typical when we were hoping to get all the family together for the first time in years in the garden. DDiL is too scared to come in the house, and as its Father's Day, DH was so hoping for a photo of everyone together.

I am thinking if those with worries and distress, may your day have some encouraging signs.

I feel for you Ash, what a terrible disappointment for all of you, let's hope at least September will work. Love the idea of dog babygros, do they do them for cats? ?

Have to tackle the ironing in a minute before it gets too hot, then make a pudding to take to DDs as I cook for them on Wednesdays and then take DGD to ballet.

Filled up some pots yesterday for the side of the patio and put them together, but this might not be the final arrangement!

Blossoming Wed 16-Jun-21 09:49:29

Good morning all from a currently cloudy Lancashire. It was glorious sun first thing, but feeling hot and muggy. Thunder forecast for later. I managed to get all the laundry washed and dried in the sun yesterday, so I needn’t worry about that. I am hoping to go for a walk later though, so may be dodging the storm. My walking pole that I use when my balance is bad is metal and shouldn’t be used outside if there’s lightning about.
Marydoll I am glad to see you feeling more upbeat today and long may it continue. Glad you’re home and your friend is on the mend Ashcombe but what a shame about your production. Hope you have a lovely break NanKate.
I am supposed to be de-cluttering my office space, 20 years of working from home leaves a lot of now useless paperwork, manuals, Ethernet cables and other scrap!
Have the best day you can all ?