Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(64 Posts)
Michael12 Wed 16-Jun-21 06:07:01

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking like another hot and humid day here in Brackley .
Apart from a small shop , I had originally planned to visit the celerity, replace flowers and tidy up , but if this heat continues will make it uncomfortable for me.
Saw the practice nurse at my surgery , apart from being overweight, I am OK.
Take Care,
Mick

EkwaNimitee Wed 16-Jun-21 10:06:37

Good morning, Mick and everyone from a cool, grey Carlisle. I'm envying the good weather further south although I know I would be complaining about all the necessary watering.
A quietish day for me with a bit of housework and admin, chasing non-replying tradesmen and pursuing the getting rid of stuff I no longer need. I've finished reading the thoughts of the Dalai Lama, now I think I'll go low and find a cheap page turner to read, the best thing for a grey day.
Marydoll, you don't strike me as being a fragile shadow but if so you must have been truly fearsome once! I don't know what unpleasantness you endured, but just don't let them drive you away permanently. I look forward to reading your posts daily.
Ashcombe, I hope you manage to put your show on later and don't have the disappointment of having to postpone again.
We just don't seem to be able to plan anything at the moment but I'm certainly hoping to get a few days away in the UK in the autumn but am really itching to get abroad somewhere especially if we have a dismal summer up here.
Have the best possible day everyone.

joyce6135 Wed 16-Jun-21 10:35:00

Good Morning from East Northants as it’s promising to be a scorching hot day. No plans for today but just wanted to say hello !

GrannySomerset Wed 16-Jun-21 10:36:52

Two loads of washing on the line and I feel as if I have done a day’s work already. Men coming to measure up for the stair lift, but nothing else in view though I ought to be a bit more enterprising and have Things Planned for every day.

Good to see Marydoll still with us and lots of people seeing friends and family. I find the fact that others are living a normal life very reassuring.

Blossoming Wed 16-Jun-21 10:43:18

GrannySomerset I have plans but they seldom come to fruition ? Good luck with the stairlift, hope it makes life a little easier.

Michael12 Wed 16-Jun-21 10:53:58

The gremlins problem is worth telling others about .
Apart from email exchanges from HQ , I had prior to that done a disk clean up , which not realising the temp files was ticked .
Anyway , I went into my recycle bin , and also sent HQ screenshots as well.
In that recycle bin in downloads was 2 Chat related bits a Microsoft Edge page of Chat , plus also a forms and files list .
This in the end decided to delete them germanely.
Yesterday , checked emails was advised to try Google to see if I could get back on which I did ,and it was OK , so as I use Edge I did same ,and registered again with Gransnet.
so the message is do not do a disc clean up , but un tick the temp files .
Mick

Feelingmyage55 Wed 16-Jun-21 11:17:22

Beautiful day here in the north of Scotland.
I didn’t know Andy Murray was playing yesterday and missed his match but he did win ?.
Mick good to see you back and thanks to those who opened up and also helped resolve matters.
Marydoll lovely to see you. ?

Feelingmyage55 Wed 16-Jun-21 11:18:56

Oops posted too soon. amselerin. I enjoy hearing your news from Germany. My garden is so important to me too.

monk08 Wed 16-Jun-21 11:24:57

Hello joyce6135 ?

Gwenisgreat1 Wed 16-Jun-21 12:03:04

Welcome joyce6135 come again and chat?
Glad you haven't been put off Marydoll round the corner will be better!
Just done a bit of baking ready for arrival of sister - she was widowed November 2019, so is still a bit raw, but she has had a lot of support from her DS and DD near where she lives.

Jaxjacky Wed 16-Jun-21 12:26:55

Thanks Mick for the information.

MarjieM Wed 16-Jun-21 14:49:45

Am I allowed to say good afternoon all. It’s been grey, wet and cold here on the moors near Lockerbie. I have reluctantly done a small amount of housework, which I increasingly resent, I have done it for years and yet it’s still here. I must be doing something wrong. ?
Now I’m about to put my feet up. Much nicer.

dragonfly46 Wed 16-Jun-21 18:46:38

Marjie just because the thread is named good morning I can see no reason why it can’t extend into the afternoon!
Hallo Joyce6135 welcome.

Blossoming Wed 16-Jun-21 18:50:42

Marjie the thread starts of a morning but it runs on as long as people want it to smile