Gransnet forums

Chat

Some of you may remember Stephen

(179 Posts)
BlueBelle Wed 16-Jun-21 14:00:58

Well this morning at 4 am I heard the familiar squeak squeak of a baby seagull I thought oh dear a baby s on the flat roof again, I hope the mum knows and I went back to sleep when I got up at 7 I could still hear a muffled squeak and opened the chimney trap door and could see a very very young seagull on the little ledge above… so arm in and popped her out into the bedroom Shes much smaller than Stephen and I was really worried she wouldn’t be old enough to feed herself I put her in the garden with some sardines and water and mum was circling around above screening at me I was hoping she’d come down and get her or at least feed her
When I came back from work just now she was making a big old racket and all the sardines had gone so I thought either mums been down or she is able to feed herself
I put some more water and sardines out and waited… she was making a lot of noise, suddenly it went quiet I had a peep and she was eating away at the sardines
With a bit of luck she ll stay with me and the sardines until she can fly away in about 8 weeks time
Anyway meet Sybil
Could it be Stephens offspring ?

BlueBelle Sun 25-Jul-21 16:31:58

Go Sybil go

Aldom Sun 25-Jul-21 19:17:54

Good luck Sybil. Looks like you may be saving the sardines till next year BlueBelle. Another successful foster mothering complete. smileflowers

BlueBelle Sun 25-Jul-21 19:26:04

Her mum on the chimney watching and you can almost hear her tutting saying
‘don’t go so close to the edge I m not telling you again’