Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(55 Posts)
Michael12 Thu 24-Jun-21 06:07:45

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey cloud above Brackley this morning, but its dry , hopefully sunshine later.
Today for myself, I have a chiropodist, this morning who visits me , then I will continue to do housework , and then get the bus to Bicester for my usual hour there .
later this afternoon I will watch the Tour De France team presentation, which will be based in Brest Region for the Grand Depart
Take Care,
Mick

Mapleleaf Thu 24-Jun-21 11:10:40

Good morning everyone,

It's stopped raining now in South Yorkshire, and the sun is trying hard to break through, though it's a struggle. It feels very humid today, too.

What a worry for you, Dwmxwg, but so glad your Father turned up safely.

Your garden looks beautiful, GM and so do your roses and flamingo willow, BlueSapphire. I think this year has been particularly spectacular for blooms, I wonder if it's anything to do with the very cold snap, followed by all the rain?

Just having a coffee after Pilates, then off for a freshen up and hair wash before I do anything else.

Hope today goes well for you all.

EkwaNimitee Thu 24-Jun-21 11:29:57

Good morning Mick and everyone from a bright but cool Carlisle. I didn't have a restful night's sleep, I woke up twice feeling hypothermic under my summer duvet. I put extra layers on but still wasn't warming up so eventually it was down to the kitchen to make a mug of Horlicks. Eventually I got off to sleep but then slept in somewhat. Therefore it will be a quiet day today though I'm hoping to get out and plant another shrub rose.
Yesterday it was into town to look for a small sofa. There aren't a lot to choose from, the trend seems to be for huge ones. Just when, as the salesman remarked, houses are being built with smaller rooms. I didn't find exactly what I thought I wanted and was a bit shocked by prices...I haven't looked for one for years.
What a scary experience for all, Dwmxwg, you must all have been so relieved when he found his way back. It probably hasn't put him off going out for another walk though?
The best possible day to all, I'm going to start another bout of boring admin.

Purplepixie Thu 24-Jun-21 11:52:42

Good morning from a very dull and cloudy East Midlands. Got the lawn cut before the rain arrives later.

Lillian40 Thu 24-Jun-21 13:39:17

Good afternoon everyone, its good to read how busy everyone is. I live in Weymouth, Dorset. Living here means we have to get our visits to the beach and everywhere else done before the big holidays arrive. My friends and I always travel inland for our days out in the summer as its not so crowded where we go. We have discovered some gorgeous villages, and small towns with so much history to explore. Sweet little cafe's, river walks, small museums. No crowds and so interesting. We agreed we have the best of both worlds. Its good everyone heads for the coast, it makes our holidays so much better, going into the country. Am I gloating. ha. ha.