Gransnet forums

Chat

Dost thou love thy neighbour?

(156 Posts)
Lucca Thu 24-Jun-21 07:19:12

Seeing this weird story made me wonder if anyone had experience of awful, wonderful, strange neighbours ? (I’m very lucky as mine are all round good eggs!)

Tizliz Tue 29-Jun-21 11:04:17

I can’t understand all this tree chopping. We needed/wanted a tree cut down in the neighbouring field and were told that it was not allowed.

On the other side when we were putting up a new fence the neighbours suggested we built the new one in their garden before we pulled down the old one to make life easier for the builder - giving us 18” x 60’ of their garden.

Ali08 Tue 29-Jun-21 11:14:43

Lucca,

I read that, too, and had such a hearty laugh over it!
I blame the pandemic, with us all having been stuck at home and starting to realise the oddities around us, little things that niggle at us.... like trees!
Well, we moved in the day before the first lockdown, so almost 16 months ago.
I got to know one neighbour, 3 doors away, because my DD recognised her as being a parent at her children's school so I sent her a PM on FB, and now we chat quite a bit.
The ones next door I had heard while in their garden but not seen until I saw the mum the other day as she had answered the door to someone, and I only met her son yesterday.
Another neighbour we sometimes see as we go to the shop, him indoors more than me as I'm agoraphobic so don't go out much, definitely not anywhere alone!
In our little street, which is more of a passageway thru to a small gated estate, there are 5 houses. So I've met 2 neighbours, glanced at one at her door and actually seen the child of that one once. They're all very quiet, varying ages and all-in-all I'm very happy we got this place!!

Daisend1 Tue 29-Jun-21 11:37:11

My neighbour says it is my responsibility to keep my garden gate closed so her dog cannot get into my garden .I say she should keep her gate closed so that her dog stays inher garden .
I do not have this problem with other neighbours and their dogs and I do not have a dog of my own.

Loz500 Tue 29-Jun-21 13:00:27

Luckily we have lived in our house for over 20 years, with the same lovely neighbours !

Savvy Mon 05-Jul-21 18:09:31

I have decent next door, they are a married couple in their 80s. They let me have apples from their tree and I let them raid the blackberries in my garden.

My upstairs neighbours on the other hand.... well I got the measure of her when I saw the tattoos!