Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(74 Posts)
Michael12 Thu 22-Jul-21 06:12:50

Good Morning Everyone,
Yet another clear blue sky start to the day here in Brackley .
Will do my usual trip to Bicester for an hour , but hope to stay cool inside .
I am not a hot weather fan , apart from it now playing a part in my health condition as to heart problems .
Anyway I received a booklet from tour operator ,and have glanced through it and decided to place a deposit on a long weekend early next year , with online booking system worked OK .
Take Care,
Mick

Sar53 Thu 22-Jul-21 07:47:02

A Very Happy Birthday GG13, have a lovely day at the Zoo xx

Gingster Thu 22-Jul-21 07:47:36

Good morning all and it’s another lovely day here on the Suffolk coast.

Little pooch and I were sitting on the bench in the garden when Dh appeared with a cuppa and gifts and cards. It’s my birthday and I’d momentarily forgotten. ?. I’ll post a pic of the card he gave me. How extraordinary that it has flamingoes on it. I’ve never told him about GN and our good luck symbol.

We’ll go somewhere for lunch and have a cool walk in the forest. Then we’ll head to Dunwich Heath to see the Heather. (My names sake).

Have a lovely day everyone. ?

Gingster Thu 22-Jul-21 07:48:38

Oh I missed your post GG.
How funny we have the same birthday.
Many happy returns
?

Lins1066 Thu 22-Jul-21 07:49:33

Happy birthday GrannyGravy ?

monk08 Thu 22-Jul-21 07:50:10

Happy birthday GrannyGravy? we've booked for the zoo tomorrow with similar age Dgs, look forward to hearing your experience.

Ashcombe Thu 22-Jul-21 07:50:42

A positive attitude goes a long way with orthopaedic recovery, Alizarin and you’ve done so well with your current replacement!

Yes, rock falls do occur here, too, Dwmxwg and a few years ago, a house fell down the cliff! It was perched on the edge of the cliff at the far end of the beach in my picture. Not long before, an unwise investor had bought it for a song at a blind auction!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0o5gnqJE3M

Thank you, NanKate, our theatre is rather a special place! More details here:-

www.toadslittletheatre.co.uk

Lins1066 Thu 22-Jul-21 07:50:46

And Gingster too ??enjoy your special day

Jaxjacky Thu 22-Jul-21 07:52:32

Good morning all from S Hants, sun’s up, a slight breeze is quite cooling through the window, for now. Good you’ve got a trip sorted Mick. Bionic woman indeed Alizarin and what a shady nook on your patio. Yesterday was quiet, spot of weeding early on and watering, same today. Mr J is off to play golf soon, trying out the new putter I bought him, this afternoon I have a visitor. I’m upping my voluntary work for another local Good Neighbours group, driving and coordinating, so I need to be vetted. Then I’m following DD and GC’s to drop her car at the mechanics for a once over before their Bude trip next week. So tomorrow I’ll be chauffeuse for her taking their cat to be sterilised . Her last day at school today, children tomorrow.
Enjoy your day all, stay hydrated and safe x

monk08 Thu 22-Jul-21 07:53:59

Happy birthday Gingster?

Jaxjacky Thu 22-Jul-21 07:59:06

By the time I’ve dickered about with my post all sorts happen!
Very happy birthdays today for GrannyGravy ???and Gingster ???. Enjoy your special days.

Grandmabatty Thu 22-Jul-21 08:01:36

Good morning all. There's a sea haar over Polmont and it was so thick I thought it had rained in the night. I hope it burns off in a while. Alizarin your patio looks deliciously cool and green. Ashcombe lovely photo of the beach. Grannygravy happy birthday and enjoy the zoo. Grandmattie that certainly is a pretty salad. Gelisajams it looks like Shetland has a sea haar too. I love puffins.
Yesterday was haircut day. I have such little hair left that it's not really a pleasure but I enjoy the experience and my hairdresser is very amusing. Then I visited mum. Later in the afternoon my friends and I had a WhatsApp chat and that was good to see them. After tea I sat in the garden and did crossword puzzles, listening to the quiet and occasionally a noise from a neighbour until I was driven indoors by insects biting.
Today will be very quiet. It's to be really warm so I will potter. I didn't sleep well because of the heat, so I'm looking forward to doing little. Have a good day all.

Grandmabatty Thu 22-Jul-21 08:02:13

Happy birthday to Gingster too.

GrannySomerset Thu 22-Jul-21 08:08:56

Lately DH has taken to wanting to start the day at around 4.00 am so it’s not just the heat getting to me. Coffee with friends this morning will provide a lift to spirits but little else planned until the temperature drops a bit. We are in the hottest part of the country so at least another couple of days I think.

Gelisajams Thu 22-Jul-21 08:12:53

Happy birthday GrannyGravy and Gingster
Enjoy the day best you can in the heat!

Pittcity Thu 22-Jul-21 08:14:50

Good morning from sunny Colchester. There's a cool breeze throught the window at the moment and the temperature is forecast to be a couple of degrees lower today. It's the humidity and hayfever that gets me.

Thursday is housework day. Bedding is in the machine and I'll set the robot vacuum going then mop the kitchen floor once DH has gone out. A little bit of ironing first before I shower off the sweat the effort will produce.
Supermarket this afternoon to cool off!!!!!

Many Happy Returns to GrannyGravy13 and Gingster?

Much love to all x

Grandmajean Thu 22-Jul-21 08:14:54

And a very happy birthday toGingster too !
Where's the emoji that every one is using ? The one that I always think looks like two chicken legs but is glasses of wine !

Marydoll Thu 22-Jul-21 08:18:57

Birthday wishes to one and all. Have a great day! ????

Sar53 Thu 22-Jul-21 08:28:28

A Very Happy Birthday Gingster, have a lovely day. What a coincidence that you and GG13 have the same birthday xxx

Elizabeth1 Thu 22-Jul-21 08:32:52

Good morning everyone from a cool overcast start to the day here on the east coast of Fife. I love the look of your salad GM wish I could conjure up one of these I think we’ve to have a very warm day today but not until later on in the afternoon. Time for a hair cut this morning hope the kitchen isn’t too hot. I had the gp pharmacist on the phone yesterday he was extremely nice saying he’s prescribed me a beta blocker for a fast heart rate. At least he says this one won’t drop my blood pressure so there will be no more fainting episodes hurrah I was so worried for my dh who went golfing in the most horrendous heat yesterday he didn’t come home until 8 at night however he’d had a marvellous time have a great time today all you lovely folks.

Anniebach Thu 22-Jul-21 08:34:51

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

ginny Thu 22-Jul-21 08:38:25

Good morning.
Happy birthday Gingster and GG.
The two friends that came for lunch yesterday not sent messages to say how much they had enjoyed the afternoon. We have known them , along with another , who was unable to come, for 45 years when we all moved into the same road as newlyweds. Sadly they are all widowed now and DH lost 3 of his male friends. I count my blessings.
Off to Dd3 to keep an eye on Charlie whilst she has an appointment and maybe does some packing for next week.
Keep cool and hope you all find a smile along the way.

ginny Thu 22-Jul-21 08:39:48

not should read both.

grandMattie Thu 22-Jul-21 08:42:27

Happy birthday GG and Ging. May you find lots of ?????flamingos today.

Grannmarie Thu 22-Jul-21 08:42:39

Good morning, Michael and all!
It's currently cool and cloudy in North Lanarkshire, but predicted to become very warm later, 28 degrees yesterday.
Happy birthdays, Grannygravy 13 and Gingsterflowersflowers, enjoy your special day.
Sending best wishes to Alizaran and Mary and to all who are in pain or have worries.
Enjoy the sunshine ? safely!

GrannyGravy13 Thu 22-Jul-21 08:53:42

Happy Birthday Gingster we can celebrate when you are back in Essex ???