Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(74 Posts)
Michael12 Thu 22-Jul-21 06:12:50

Good Morning Everyone,
Yet another clear blue sky start to the day here in Brackley .
Will do my usual trip to Bicester for an hour , but hope to stay cool inside .
I am not a hot weather fan , apart from it now playing a part in my health condition as to heart problems .
Anyway I received a booklet from tour operator ,and have glanced through it and decided to place a deposit on a long weekend early next year , with online booking system worked OK .
Take Care,
Mick

Grandmafrench Thu 22-Jul-21 08:53:59

Good Morning everyone from the Sizzly South where pool vacuuming will shortly take place and a swim be enjoyed. A very reluctant collared dove has hopped out of a cheeky splash at one end of the pool where there’s a tiled shallow “beach” for toddlers. No toddlers here so the odd bird will sometimes take advantage. The swallows show no reluctance and will swoop in numbers scooping up a drink from the surface. They’re so fast and agile as they flash across us, and we love them, but sometimes they flash past a bit too close!

Special days today for Gingster and Granny Gravy. Happy Birthday ???? to you both. Sounds as if your days will be good ones - but the heat may add an interesting dimension….especially at the Zoo, especially with an Imp! But 3 adults to 2 little Anklebiters, so what could possibly go wrong? ??. Come back and let us know when you’ve got your breath back? A woodland stroll, Heath and heather……lovely (and a big hat and factor 50 maybe?). Have a seriously lovely time, both. Sending Birthday hugs ????

Having fun days out or relaxing in the shade. Whatever you do, enjoy it. Keep safe and take good care of yourselves and each other - and enjoy all that fresh air, Gelisa ???

?‍♀️????

Grammaretto Thu 22-Jul-21 09:11:33

Good morning everyone from the Scottish Borders where we have the haar just when I was beginning to run out of Summer clothes.

Happy birthday girls! grannygravy and gingster . Ice creams all round.??
??

My df's DD is about to have her first baby, I have been feeling so sorry for her in this heat.

Dwmxwg Thu 22-Jul-21 09:16:27

Happy birthday Grannygravy and Gingster enjoy your special day.
Auntyflo do you have blackout curtains for DH? My DS’s OH has invested in a blackout blind from Amazon which attaches to the window with plastic suckers so can be taken wherever they go. She brings here when I have the baby and it really does keep the light out. Just a thought that the early light is waking DH.

Beechnut Thu 22-Jul-21 09:23:11

Wishing both GrannyGravy and Ginster a very Happy Birthday ???

Blossoming Thu 22-Jul-21 09:26:21

Good morning all from a very hot and sunny Lancashire. Just dropping in to wish everyone a good day, as we are off out in search of some cooking breezes today.

gillgran Thu 22-Jul-21 09:30:07

Good Morning to you all, from an extremely hot Cambs.,
(anything over 20c is too hot for me)!!

Happy Birthday wishes to GrannyGravy & Gingster, hope you both enjoy your special day. flowersflowers cupcake wine

Take care everyone.

gillgran Thu 22-Jul-21 09:32:18

Blossoming, I hope you don't get too cooked in those breezes...!! smile

Grandmadinosaur Thu 22-Jul-21 09:48:19

Good Morning all from sunny East Yorkshire.
Happy Birthday to Grannygravy and Gingster enjoy your days both of you ???
I’m feeling a bit washed out after my little day out to Beverley yesterday. I bought a couple of tops in the sale. I came across a card to wish someone good luck on there first day at school. Never seen one of those before and I did think whatever next! However soft Grandma did buy one for dgs who goes in September.
Just pottering this morning ahead of another dreaded dentist appointment after lunch. My purse is already groaning at the cost.
Ashcombe I checked the link for exercise groups but sadly the closest to me is near to York. Thank you anyway.
Have a good day all and stay cool!

NannyJan53 Thu 22-Jul-21 10:00:52

Good morning from another hot day in the Black Country.

Such a busy day yesterday. Walk with Mum in the morning
which was all in the shade. A mooch around a charity shop, where I bought a summer top and jegging! A total of a princely sum of £4.98. Then coffee in their cafe. Meet up with an ex work colleague in her garden for the afternoon. Then a meal out with another ex colleague in the evening. I need a rest today!

Making the most of the weather and having a BBQ tonight.

Happy Birthday to GG13 & Gingster hope you both have a fabulous day wine cupcake

Nannagarra Thu 22-Jul-21 10:03:33

Clock

Mapleleaf Thu 22-Jul-21 10:14:56

Good morning all,

It's a lovely, sunny morning here in South Yorkshire and looks set to be another hot day.

What a beautiful spot in your garden, Alizarin. It looks a very relaxing space.

Happy birthday to GG13 and Gingster. ???. I hope you both enjoy your special day.

DH and I plan to pop out somewhere for lunch today, which will make a pleasant change.

Something for you to look forward to next year, Mick.

Take care everyone and remember to keep well hydrated.

Nannagarra Thu 22-Jul-21 10:17:59

Struggling to post pics as per.
Happy birthday GG13 and Gingster. Enjoy. ? ? ?
Clock shows temperature (bottom right) in Celsius in full sun in our back garden on Sunday.

Gwenisgreat1 Thu 22-Jul-21 10:47:03

Good Morning all from Sunny Harrogate

Happy Birthday to the Birthday girls GrannyGravy13 and Gingster?
Couldn't get internet in my bedroom at all last night so this had to wait until I got to "the snug" Had one friend round l
yesterday, one I haven't seen for some months. Am supposed to be having the other friend this pm, but she feels the heat might be too much for her heart, I think I'd better tell her we'll wait a couple of weeks - never tried CPR on a human, so no guarantees.
My first hip op was done in the private hospital in Harrogate - at the NHS's expense, all with 6 months from consultation to op, with little luxury touches. Same surgeon that I would have had with the NHS hospital. Just don't fancy any more ops for the time being, so I'm taking CBD. Just started yesterday so will let you know how it goes.

Stay cool folks, and stay safe

dustyangel Thu 22-Jul-21 11:04:54

Good morning from a cloudless Algarve. It was beautifully fresh in the garden earlier but already heating fast. It’s been around 30°C for the last couple of days but I can’t tell exactly as DH dropped the weather station and it’s cracked right across the middle of the outside temperature. I don’t know why I’m obsessed with the temperature anyway, it’s just too hot.Although I met someone yesterday who is working here for a week and he has decided to extend his visit by six days as he thinks the weather is perfect. Must be yet another age thing.sad

Grandmafrench thankyou for writing about your visit to the dermatologist. I had to look up a cherry sarcoma and it seems extremely likely that’s what I have got on my head. The hairdresser diagnosed it for me yesterday! Seriously it’s something I have been waiting for my dermatologist to look at for me and I asked the hairdresser yesterday if she would mind looking. It seems extremely likely.

To add to my joy he’s put a tub of yucky red verbena that he liked next to a tub of purple ones that I chose. He’s another one for Mr.Marydoll’s club.
If I can I’ll post a photo of my too short hair cut yesterday. Very Portuguese styleshock

dustyangel Thu 22-Jul-21 11:07:20

For some reason sideways.

Gingster Thu 22-Jul-21 11:56:58

Thankyou all for birthday wishes. ?.

Yes GG it’s a date and Sar you’re welcome too. Essex gels unite! ?.

muse Thu 22-Jul-21 12:07:45

Happy Birthdays to GG13 and Gingster ??

Enjoy your picnics GG13 and Brook2704 ??

Excellent style and lovely colour dustyangel✂️?

Having risen very early too early for me I decided to make the most of the slight cloud cover earlier on and have a snooze in the hammock, which stands under our big acer and hawthorn. Sounds strange to call a sleep delicious, but it was. Little to help with the build today. One phone call to order another 20T of aggregate. Lovely surprise from our Phil. He's got us an excellent quote for the limestone slabs we need, saving us nearly £1000 and they will be with us in a few weeks.

My sewing will continue today under the brolly. It was far too hot, even the shade, yesterday. MrM is off to organise the making of a large manhole cover and have his teeth checked. Last time with the NHS dentist as she and the rest of the practice are now totally private. He is non too happy as he's being going there for over 20 years.

Mya is trying to say sorry for her behaviour last evening. She will have to try harder?

Pilates tonight in the cool village community hall. We have to take our fit ball this week and next.

I was hoping for a drop of rain tomorrow to save me watering the raised beds but the forecast is now only showing 30% of some in the evening. ??Saturday will bring more.

Keep your hat on peeps. ?

Party4 Thu 22-Jul-21 12:21:12

Always nice to have something to look forward to Mick good on you for making the effort to book.
Birthday wishes to GG and Gingster.Hope you have a fun filled day???.
As with most a rather restless and uncomfortable night due to the heat.Today the sun and heat very early doors where as yest was early afternoon before it became intense even the DGCs wanted to stay indoors in shade.
Intended trip into town to exchange some tops(sure they must be wrongly sized?) DH decided todays the day to trim the side hedge, he never looks steady/safe with extended trimmers in hand so would rather stay around in case of emergency.Why we dont employ someone!!I think it's a man and his tools scenario.
After reading news this a.m. about limited stock/staff isolating just wondering when to go food shopping hope it doesnt instigate bulk buying again.
DH decided its to hot and is downing tools til cooler so I am quick tripping into town.

Dogsmakemesmile Thu 22-Jul-21 12:23:42

Good morning from a very hot Scottish Borders. Beautiful but too much for me and Ddog. Have done a bit of tidying and sorting. Kept off laptop til now. Radio 4 for company. Wishing you all a good day as possible.

Nannytopsy Thu 22-Jul-21 12:59:14

Afternoon all! Its too late to say good morning Mick!
We have been given 9 week old dachshund Granddog to babysit- she is very tiny. She has just taken herself off to bed! How sweet - I wish the DGC did that!

Nannytopsy Thu 22-Jul-21 13:00:36

A5 diary for scale!
Happy birthdays to * GG & Gingster *. Lots of chilled drinks perhaps?

Nannytopsy Thu 22-Jul-21 13:01:13

Where’s the photo?

dustyangel Thu 22-Jul-21 13:15:19

I’m sorry, I was so cross about the usual struggle to post photographs that I completely forgot to say Happy Birthday to GrannyGravy and Gingster Happy Birthday and I hope you both are having a fantastic day. [cake] [cake] ????