Gransnet forums

Chat

Post box toppers!

(35 Posts)
Katek Sun 25-Jul-21 12:57:07

Have any of you got a post box topper nearby? Seems to be a bit of a ‘thing’ in places. This is the one in our village made by local craft group - we live on the coast in case you haven’t guessed!

M0ira Wed 28-Jul-21 11:26:50

Hope I got this right!

Alegrias1 Wed 28-Jul-21 11:44:09

Lovely M0ira!

Elegran Wed 28-Jul-21 12:05:40

Lucca

Esspee

Some people seem to have a lot of time on their hands.
Never seen one - thankfully.

Oh dear. And what if they do ? Not everyone has a busy busy life.
I think they are fun.

They probably made them during lockdown, when, yes, they DID have a lot of time on their hands!

travelsafar Wed 28-Jul-21 12:10:13

How enchanting!!! Someone, somewhere has a very inventive mind to start this off. The knit and natter group i atend restarts next week i will certainly be mentioning this. smile

Alegrias1 Wed 28-Jul-21 12:27:53

Oh my goodness look at this!

Tom's a very accomplished knitter, of course!

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-57982697

Doodledog Wed 28-Jul-21 13:23:24

I'm not really a fan, although they are harmless enough.

I knit, and get so fed up with people (ie non-knitters) suggesting that I make things like this, as though I had nothing better to do. I'm also a bit uneasy about people taking it upon themselves to decide what public places should look like - a bit like graffiti artists, but at least the yarn things are temporary. I realise that that sounds grumpy though ?.

I did see a lovely one made for Armistice Day. It was in the shape of a WW1 soldier - his head with hat on and the shoulders of his uniform.

Maggiemaybe Wed 28-Jul-21 13:24:57

What great pictures. I've never seen any round here, but there've been some wonderful knitted characters on display along the pier at lovely Saltburn when I've visited. And very occasionally knitted baubles appear on a tree at our crossroads with a notice saying that people can help themselves. From comments on our local Facebook page I know that these are very much appreciated, particularly by people who are feeling a bit down.

I can think of many worse ways of using your talents and free time.

Nannagarra Wed 28-Jul-21 18:37:57

Was much appreciated when on display in April.

Redhead56 Wed 28-Jul-21 19:18:57

Lots of them have appeared in Liverpool