Gransnet forums

Chat

GEMINIS AND OTHER STAR SIGNS

(102 Posts)
Bea65 Tue 27-Jul-21 10:15:39

Was interested to note that some of us Gems identify with their astrological star signs on here...I was a social butterfly both at work and out socially but have somewhat changed my preferences to being "alone" more ..is this age or current environment...people have said I'm not the same B! Feel I've lost a lot of self confidence and not sure how to proceed..thoughts{hmm}

polnan Thu 29-Jul-21 11:15:51

I am a Gemini, and over the years, I think I have a lot of the attributes (?) of my star sign. obviously there are slight variations between all, "Geminis"

so like various commentators here, Gemini, yes, a lot, but shy, again, our upbringings affect all of us, hence the variations.

and being fairly recently widowed, love company, but go home to a lonely feeling, which I am fighting and dealing with!

I think there are a great deal of variations.. of each sign, to me that is obvious!

MrsAllboys Thu 29-Jul-21 11:18:21

I agree with tickingbird. It's not just the Sun Sign, it's the moon and all the planets especially up to Saturn. Then also the rising planet etc.etc. So time, date, and place of birth is necessary which is why two Geminis may have very different temperaments and life experiences. It is a fascinating study but not for everyone and needs a lot of work particularly at Faculty diploma level. Magazine stuff is just light-hearted fun.?

Patticake123 Thu 29-Jul-21 11:26:50

Absolutely identify with the star sign Libra. Utterly wonderful people ,us Librans. I just need to work on my streak of modesty and then I’ll have achieved perfection! ?

Quizzer Thu 29-Jul-21 11:31:25

I’m a Virgo and nothing like the astrologers say I should be. When I challenge a believer that this is just rubbish I am told that I am ‘on the cusp’ so should be more like a Libra. Really?
My cousin, also a Virgo, born just a day later than me is the exact opposite of my personality.
Astrology is just mediaeval superstition.

Newatthis Thu 29-Jul-21 11:37:24

I have the same birthday as my sister. We are nothing alike.

Fronkydonky Thu 29-Jul-21 11:51:50

I am a typical Scorpion& have a good friend who celebrates her birthday a week after me, which makes her a Scorpion too. We are very very similar& not very forgiving. I was also born under the Chinese sign of the Tiger. Apparently men stay clear of Tigers& no man wants them as a wife. I’ve been happily married to my Dragon husband for 37 years.

lovebeigecardigans1955 Thu 29-Jul-21 11:59:19

Apparently scientists have looked into astrology and found that there is something in it - so not complete nonsense. At a big sporting event a few years back three athletes were born on the same day.

Alegrias1 Thu 29-Jul-21 12:06:23

lovebeigecardigans1955

Apparently scientists have looked into astrology and found that there is something in it - so not complete nonsense. At a big sporting event a few years back three athletes were born on the same day.

I think that could fairly be called "fake news".

Bea65 Thu 29-Jul-21 12:14:41

We don't really have shared interests or same home life..met thru working in very large organisation ..paths crossed and we all 3 on separate occasions said.."u must be a Gemini" we have shared empathy/values and our humour level is insanegrin

pen50 Thu 29-Jul-21 12:15:29

I don't believe in astrology at all which is a relief as I'm such a typical Virgo....

Seriously though, I think that you come to start thinking about your zodiac sign in early adolescence,at the same time as you start - perhaps subconsciously - working on your personality. So I quite see that you might start subtly exaggerating aspects of your personality to match the supposed traits of your sign.

I think MBTI personality stuff works the same way - once people know what their designation is, they suppress what doesn't fit and push what does,so it becomes self-fulfilling.

Gabrielle56 Thu 29-Jul-21 12:17:51

OnwardandUpward

I am Gemini. I don't believe horoscope stuff, but it can be accurate how much people born at certain times of the year's personalities can be similar. I think perhaps due to the amount of light that gets through into the womb? Or the light conditions when the baby is born?

I am very much a hermit with few friends, but in social situations can be the butterfly with many (seemingly friendly) aquaintances. The reality is, I talk to everyone and smile but go home alone and no one calls.

DITTO DITTO DITTO . Geminis can be either way ,not split personality but two distinctly different types. My adopted sister was quiet to my rowdy. Struggling academically to my just 'knowing' stuff. I am very popular until what I consider the point when others either get to know me properly and don't like what they then see, or don't see me as someone who can be taken seriously.

Kartush Thu 29-Jul-21 12:20:42

I am a scorpio. I have read all the characteristics of that sign and none of them apply to me at all

LovelyLady Thu 29-Jul-21 12:21:14

I am Taurus and so is my daughter. Clash!!

Alioop Thu 29-Jul-21 12:31:39

I'm a Virgo and I am a perfectionist like it says we are supposed to be, drives me bloomin potty and my friends too.

nanna8 Thu 29-Jul-21 12:33:20

Being a Christmas baby I have found those born at the same time as me don’t get as many presents for their birthdays as others and that is about all we have in common.

Hildagard Thu 29-Jul-21 12:38:50

On the cusp of Taurus and Gemini, twin bulls?

NanaPlenty Thu 29-Jul-21 12:51:37

Well think whatever you like - we are all entitled to an opinion. Even if it’s nonsense it’s not really harming anyone. I’m Gemini and certainly identify with the personality assigned to a Gemini. On the other hand my hubby is Sagittarius and that’s is supposed to be an optimistic sign - he’s actually a born pessimist ? we always have a bit of fun reading the stars.

Alegrias1 Thu 29-Jul-21 13:47:44

Why astrology is really harming you, even if you don't know it:

You base your assessment of people and their actions on completely irrelevant details of their lives

You think some things are written in the stars and can't be helped.

You think astrology is somehow scientifically based and so perpetuate the problems society has understanding what science really is.

But yes, you're entitled to your opinion. hmm

polly123 Thu 29-Jul-21 14:13:38

Another Gemini here and yes, I do have a lot of the Gemini characteristics. I have always been interested in Astrology and often been able to work out, with exceptions, peoples star signs. People often have the physical characteristics too.

Alegrias1 Thu 29-Jul-21 14:19:04

I'm a Capricorn. That explains the horns!! ?

sharon103 Thu 29-Jul-21 14:29:16

Like your husband NanaPlenty I'm Sagittarius and a pessimist.
Sagittarians are supposed to love travel and travel the world. That couldn't be more wrong for me. I'm a home bird. I do love the outdoors though.
Strengths: Generous, idealistic, great sense of humor, true
Weaknesses: Promises more than can deliver, very impatient, will say anything no matter how undiplomatic, true.
I do read my horoscope most days just out of curiosity. It's usually wrong though.

JdotJ Thu 29-Jul-21 14:32:14

There was an experiment done some years ago whereby a classroom full of people all had personal astrology charts written for them.
All were opened and each person read theirs and exclaimed how accurate they were.
Then they were asked to swap the reports around and read each others.
All were the same ! !

4allweknow Thu 29-Jul-21 14:37:15

My sons are identical twins and Gemini. One is very pernickety, can be a bit impatient whilst the other has aire laid back approach to most of things. Basically one has character of my DH whilst other is like me. Which one is Gemini, as both should be the same if you believe?

Ladyleftfieldlover Thu 29-Jul-21 14:51:59

Two of my children (not twins) have the same birthday two years apart, and they are totally unalike.

Elvis58 Thu 29-Jul-21 15:31:52

No l am nothing like my star sign but a lot of my friends are Taureans and Virgos.l get on best with them.