Gransnet forums

Chat

Harry’s juggling balls!

(134 Posts)
Bluebellwould Wed 04-Aug-21 17:29:04

Meghan is doing her serious promotion of her new ‘give 40 minutes’ chat and Harry is in the background juggling (or attempting to) and causing a disruption to the proceedings. I’m baffled as to why. Perhaps he’s getting over the saving the world claptrap and decided to take the p**s, or perhaps he just wanted attention like a child. It’s just so bizarre, or is it just me being a grumpy old bat?

trisher Wed 04-Aug-21 20:04:59

No one actually thinks this is real and not a carefully planned bit of tomfoolery do they?

Callistemon Wed 04-Aug-21 20:09:45

trisher

No one actually thinks this is real and not a carefully planned bit of tomfoolery do they?

Surely not .....

MawBe Wed 04-Aug-21 20:41:12

The number of times my eye has been caught by this thread and I have misread it as “jiggling” ????

SueDonim Wed 04-Aug-21 21:20:06

MawBe

The number of times my eye has been caught by this thread and I have misread it as “jiggling” ????

‘Nurse! The screens!’

Calendargirl Wed 04-Aug-21 21:58:52

I watched the clip out of curiosity.

Hardly noticed Harry and his juggling.

All seemed a bit daft, and that other woman who I’ve never heard of dressing up.

Meghan looked blooming.

SueDonim Wed 04-Aug-21 22:12:03

Two things are puzzling me. Why has she got all those remaindered copies of her book on the desk and why is she wearing a woolly stole? My son is just down the road from her atm and it’s 100degF right now! ?

Callistemon Wed 04-Aug-21 22:24:34

Air-con?
Although it's not very environmentally friendly

Oops, my tin opener may have just opened a can of worms

Zoejory Wed 04-Aug-21 22:34:45

Well I got to see this clip courtesy of a friend who insisted I watched.

But I hate the fact that the juggling Harry didn't make me laugh. It didn't even make me smile. I think I had a quizzical expression on my face. What was funny about it?

As for all those copies of The Bench. Well I found that a bit odd.

I really like Melissa in Bridesmaids but this wasn't her best moment.

Callistemon Wed 04-Aug-21 22:36:25

I didn't know who the other woman was.

Maggiemaybe Wed 04-Aug-21 23:24:11

I wouldn’t have recognised her without the video clip, but she was really funny in Bridesmaids. I enjoyed this video too, much more than anything else Harry and Meghan have done recently. The initiative’s excellent, even though it might not be original (I wouldn’t mind being mentored by Adele, especially if she could teach me to sing in tune). And I thought they all came over very well, even a bit self-deprecating - who’d have thought it?!

maddyone Wed 04-Aug-21 23:28:27

I don’t know whether Harry’s juggling was planned or not, but I think it’s very strange whatever it was.

Callistemon Wed 04-Aug-21 23:30:40

I'm trying to think what funny clip it reminded me of.
Was it a Morecambe and Wise sketch?

Savvy Thu 05-Aug-21 01:16:12

Maybe Harry's trying to prove that he still has some balls.

NotSpaghetti Thu 05-Aug-21 01:23:39

Maggiemaybe - 40 minutes is hardly mentoring.
Mentoring is much slower than that and I believe works best with a number of sessions over time. This is more like a "chat" I feel.
I suppose it may well be interesting to chat to someone who has "made it" but a one-off session is unlikely to be guiding you and helping drive a business forward.

Juliet27 Thu 05-Aug-21 01:58:30

? Yes indeed Savvy

Maggiemaybe Thu 05-Aug-21 06:12:10

Maggiemaybe - 40 minutes is hardly mentoring. Mentoring is much slower than that and I believe works best with a number of sessions over time.

Really NotSpaghetti? shock So you don’t think that 40 minutes with Adele would be enough to launch my pop career?

Calendargirl Thu 05-Aug-21 07:06:37

I didn’t realise the books on the desk were ‘The Bench’.

Were there any ‘Finding Freedom’ also?

Cunco Thu 05-Aug-21 08:34:04

I am not sure these people live in the real world. 40 minutes cleaning the house of somebody in real need would make more sense, if only they knew how to do it properly.

As for the juggling, I await a YouTube of the video with 'Ha! Ha! Said The Clown' in the background. I am becoming heartily sick of rich and famous making fatuous attempts to make a difference by parading their self indulgence.

Ellianne Thu 05-Aug-21 08:45:05

I'm confused about this mentoring. It is meant to be for women going back to work, isn't it? Several of the mentors on the list don't actually do much work, in the real world anyway.
Also I thought M & H were on long parental leave? That was short lived.
All good fun I guess.

Callistemon Thu 05-Aug-21 09:33:11

Really NotSpaghetti? shock So you don’t think that 40 minutes with Adele would be enough to launch my pop career?
I'm not sure that 40 years with Adele would get me singing!!

Callistemon Thu 05-Aug-21 09:34:14

Ellianne

I'm confused about this mentoring. It is meant to be for women going back to work, isn't it? Several of the mentors on the list don't actually do much work, in the real world anyway.
Also I thought M & H were on long parental leave? That was short lived.
All good fun I guess.

I thought it was a spoof and therefore funny.
Was it meant to be serious?

Anniebach Thu 05-Aug-21 09:39:37

Spoof or serious, it got Meg in front of a camera again.

Ellianne Thu 05-Aug-21 09:42:09

Anniebach

Spoof or serious, it got Meg in front of a camera again.

That's true Annie. H & M operate on so many levels I'm getting confused what the whole thing is all about!! And what is real and true?

Sparklefizz Thu 05-Aug-21 09:51:46

Perhaps Harry will be auditioning for Cirque Soleil?

PinkCosmos Thu 05-Aug-21 09:56:12

How did Melissa McCarty see Harry juggling when she was supposedly on a Zoom call with Megan. She was laughing at him along with Meghan. The angle of Meghan's laptop was such that she would not have been able to see the window.

The whole thing seemed very contrived and made Harry look like a childish, attention seeking fool