Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday 22nd August 2021

(60 Posts)
Michael12 Sun 22-Aug-21 06:09:40

Good Morning Everyone,
Its been raining here in brackley earlier , but dry at present .
Yesterdays day coach trip to London was a mixture , weather plus , the coach could not get to the Kingsway, so we ended up on the embankment across from the London Eye.
I did go to Chinatown and have my lunch otherwise a walk about , saw drama of demonstrations on Parliament Square, as per current crisis , otherwise a nice day put.
Today ,stay in watch cycling later as well .
Take Care,
Mick

Callistemon Sun 22-Aug-21 10:59:01

LauraNorder

Callistemon are you sure #lazygran came up on your ‘active’ list!!
Good to see her tho isn’t it.

I must have missed that hashtag previously! Perhaps I was dozing ?

Kalu Sun 22-Aug-21 11:09:10

Good morning all from a greyish Glasgow, thankfully no rain forecast. I have been unsuccessfully trying to rid the garden of greenfly which we have been plagued with this year. Such a pity to see the damage they cause. Another round of soapy water has been recommended so fingers firmly crossed it works, if not, I fear I have lost the battle.

Happy Anniversary Mapleleaf. ?. Hope you both enjoy your day whether you decide to go out or not, being together is what counts.

Best wishes to all, especially those of you going through worrying times, I hope you have a better day.

Grandmajean Sun 22-Aug-21 11:33:55

Have a happy day on your anniversaryMapleleaf

Feelingmyage55 Sun 22-Aug-21 11:38:32

Good morning from a sunny, for now, north of Scotland.
We’ve just had a lovely brunch in the garden and are off to fill the car with rubbish for a visit to the dump tomorrow. Thank goodness we don’t have to make an appointment but I may have to queue. I think this way there is hopefully less fly tipping.
What good neighbours and friends so many of you are.
urms. What is for Spanish lunch?
Have the best day you can.

Borrheid55 Sun 22-Aug-21 11:54:49

Morning (just ) from Ashford Kent where we were woken at 05:30 by thunder and heavy rain. At least the garden got a soaking. GranMattie I’m glad your son looked up diverticulitis. Let’s hope he gets a definitive diagnosis.
aggie I like Beechgrove too, it’s a bit more casual than Gardeners World. They seem more ‘down to earth’ ?
Marydoll hasn’t posted for a couple of days. I hope she’s ok , I know she was upset by some posts last week. She has such a good heart and takes things to it easily.
Quiet day planned - finishing a baby cardi for my hairdresser’s bump, chicken casserole later to make and catch up on the jumbo Times xword. That lot should keep me busy!
Have a good day all!

EkwaNimitee Sun 22-Aug-21 11:57:12

Good morning, Mick and all from drizzly Carlisle. Yesterday was mostly wet so nothing got done outside. I might garden after lunch if it dries up a bit. I've just come back from the DIY store with bits and bobs though not everything I wanted. I try not to resort to a certain large online emporium all the time.
It sounds like it was a good trip, Mick. There's always something interesting to do/see in London.
I'm sorry to hear about your neighbour NanKate. You are right about the wearing of the alarm. My mother had one, came downstairs one morning without it and had a fall in the hall. And there she lay for about 6 hours before my brother arrived and called the ambulance. Fortunately no injuries, she just couldn't get herself up or move to the phone.
Best wishes for your DiL, LauraNorder, it's a worrying time for you all. And look after yourself, Ashcombe, I hope you're soon well.
And a good day to all with a bit of sun for once.

EkwaNimitee Sun 22-Aug-21 11:59:16

Borrheid, I think Marydoll said she was taking a little time off.

brook2704 Sun 22-Aug-21 14:14:52

Wishing Mr and Mrs Mapleleaf a very Happy Anniversary! ???❤️?

B9exchange Sun 22-Aug-21 23:07:19

Welcome back Urms, missed you! And hope you feel better tomorrow Ash, shame you had to come home early.