Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday 26th August 2021

(92 Posts)
Michael12 Thu 26-Aug-21 06:05:36

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey cloud but dry here in brackley at the moment.
Today, will see my usual bus trip out to Bicester this morning but later on , will have a coffee, with a snack and then do a shop before returning home to watch the Vuelta unfold in Spain .
Take Care,
Mick

Mapleleaf Thu 26-Aug-21 08:23:19

Good morning all,

It’s a grey and breezy SouthYorkshire today. Certainly no temperatures of 30 degrees C here, I don’t think it’s much over 14 degrees at the moment. (I’m not envious, Urms, honest ?).

Pilates class soon, so just pulling myself together in readiness, then a day of ironing and catch up chores to follow, I think. (Though if something more interesting presents itself then I think I can be persuaded ?).

Happy birthday Beechnut. I hope you enjoy your day. ?????

Safe journey, Ashcombe. It’s been a long wait, but will be well worth it ?

Well fellow GM’s, enjoy your day whatever your plans.

fatgran57 Thu 26-Aug-21 08:25:18

Marydoll try as I may I just cannot see where this campaign against you is being carried out.

I am very sorry that you won't be posting again but I am sincerely bewildered by this whole situation.

Hope someone will pm me and explain.

aggie Thu 26-Aug-21 08:29:51

Good morning all, that’s the predictive txt bit ! ,
It’s not as foggy today , but still warm and muggy , I know it’s a bank holiday weekend from reading posts , but it’s just another weekend to me , but I hope it’s fine as there are a few jobs to be done in the garden
Good wishes and prayers for all our poorly posters

Marydoll Thu 26-Aug-21 08:31:14

Nobody's business, but mine Fatgran. Thank you for your kind words.
I believe, there have been many PMs flying about.

As I said, subtle and clever. I am not prepared to have a public spat. I really have no stomach for this anymore.

mumu54 Thu 26-Aug-21 08:32:10

fatgran57

Marydoll try as I may I just cannot see where this campaign against you is being carried out.

I am very sorry that you won't be posting again but I am sincerely bewildered by this whole situation.

Hope someone will pm me and explain.

I second this.

Have read this thread for years and not noticed such goings on.

Marydoll you will be sorely missed.

ginny Thu 26-Aug-21 08:32:36

I’m sorry you are feeling so upset Marydoll.
I like fatgran don’t know where this is being done or by who. How sad that presumably adult people would act in such a way.

Elspeth45 Thu 26-Aug-21 08:33:48

Agree Fatgran

Gymstagran Thu 26-Aug-21 08:35:05

Good morning all from a sunny solihull
A short trip home today for a training session. Yesterday the dog was a minx, jumping up reached the eggs broke one and proceded to eat it. She is worse than a toddler. Chickens are laying well and I can't keep up with supplies. Hope everyone has a good day

monk08 Thu 26-Aug-21 08:35:43

Good morning Mick and all who follow. Didn't wake until 8 this morning most unusual, so will catch up after breakfast.
Did see Beechnut has a birthday so enjoy your day?. And best wishes to anyone else with birthday or anniversary celebrations.
Have a good crossing Ash ?.
Weather overcast but will probably do a bit of gardening .
Have the best day you can everyone, and may you all find some ?

annsixty Thu 26-Aug-21 08:35:57

Good morning all.
I posted earlier on the Katie Price thread.
My post is relevant to this one as well.
I am very dismayed by events.

aggie Thu 26-Aug-21 08:36:27

I am more than sad at this turn of events , why should anyone want to bully someone they have never met ☹️

dogsmother Thu 26-Aug-21 08:38:32

Sad to see Marydoll that there is trouble for you again. I don’t know what goes on but I know it has been an issue for you in the past. Take care xx

Anniebach Thu 26-Aug-21 08:40:23

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

annsixty Thu 26-Aug-21 08:45:45

I am sad to say Marydoll that I don’t see what you perceive as I don’t contribute much but do read.
I am sorry you feel so upset but I do feel you should have started a thread to air your grievances where posters could have added their comments instead of using Mick’s lovely start to the day.
I am so sorry for you that you feel that your physical and mental health are affected.
I wish you well and hope that a sabbatical for you will restore your well being.
Take care.

Gingster Thu 26-Aug-21 08:47:56

Good morning from an overcast essex.
Yesterday was glorious and we sat in DS1’s garden for our Gd’s birthday bar b q. Just us and the other grandparents. A nice intimate gathering with lots of chat and laughs. Better than the usual large family affairs, really. Gd will be celebrating with friends at the weekend,

Bowls club this morning. Haven’t been for a few weeks but will enjoy seeing everyone again,

Another bewildered re upset on this thread ?.

Enjoy your day everyone . ?

Greyduster Thu 26-Aug-21 08:48:25

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Maple has our South Yorkshire weather bang to rights but at least it’s dry. GS stayed over last night and is still asleep. He has finally agreed with Oscar Wilde that golf is a good walk spoiled, and that IKEA make better meatballs than he and I do, but it was fun. I don’t know what we have in store for each other today; we are going to play it by ear, but DH has an appointment with the dentist this afternoon to investigate a troublesome tooth, so it will all have to fit in around that.
Happy Birthday Beechnut; have a lovely day???.
Happy landings Ash!
Take care everyone.

Gingster Thu 26-Aug-21 08:49:18

Happy birthday Beechnut ?

brook2704 Thu 26-Aug-21 08:52:46

So sorry to hear you’re upset marydoll I’m not aware of any details and don’t need to know, but just wanted to say it’s such a shame that this has happened and a sad day for Gransnet when lovely kind posters like you feel they have to leave ?

Grannyboots1 Thu 26-Aug-21 08:55:18

I rarely post, but could not just read Marydolls post without commenting. I will miss you, especially on the good morning thread. ??

GrannySomerset Thu 26-Aug-21 08:59:22

A disastrous start to the day made infinitely worse by Marydoll’s post. If we are losing her and Grandmafrench I give up. A community which has felt supportive has become a place where people appear to relish being unkind, and two of our most entertaining and enjoyable posters are to be lost. A bad day feeling even more horrible now.

Gelisajams Thu 26-Aug-21 09:03:19

Good morning from a calm Morecambe Bay.
Happy Birthday Beechnut enjoy your day.
So pleased Ash is finally heading to France.
It’s a said day to realise such unpleasantness goes on behind the scenes.
Take care everyone and stay safe ?

Maria59 Thu 26-Aug-21 09:03:50

annsixty I agree I read this post every day and can't see anything

Gelisajams Thu 26-Aug-21 09:08:26

Sad not said!

Blossoming Thu 26-Aug-21 09:24:34

Good morning all. It’s bright and sunny here in Lancashire. Temperature currently 16 deg C with a strong breeze.

I have to collect a prescription from the pharmacy then Mr. B is taking me out for a walk and a picnic.

Welcome to any new posters. Congratulations to anyone celebrating and virtual hugs to anybody suffering.

Wishing you all the best day possible and some ease from any pain and worry.

Goodbyetoallthat Thu 26-Aug-21 09:28:44

Good morning from a brighter than forecast South Wales.
I read the thread most days but rarely post as it would probably be late afternoon before I got round to it.
I too am somewhat baffled by the recent going’s on as I have always seen it as a newsy & supportive thread. Whatever posters want it to be really.
Surely we can all keep it that way without personal disagreements creeping in & posters feeling that they are no longer welcome to post?