Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning August Bank Holiday Monday 30th August 2021

(76 Posts)
Michael12 Mon 30-Aug-21 06:02:37

Good Morning Everyone,
A grey cloudy start here in brackley this morning , with the added change mornings drawing inwards , daylight gradually getting shorter .
Today , a nice easy day for myself ,some housework etc , otherwise staying in .
Take Care,
Mick

Grandmajean Mon 30-Aug-21 08:04:13

Don't know why Gingsterwasn't in bold. I do exactly the same every time.

Annapops Mon 30-Aug-21 08:11:17

Good morning from cloudy Durham. A leisurely day awaits after yesterday's family gathering. All 14 of us together for a meal at last and what a difference since our last Christmas meal in 2019. Ok, we've all been physically present in each other's lives as restrictions eased, but not at the same time.
The GC all seen to have suddenly become so much more independent (no more toddler chasing or tired grumpy tears). They entertained one another with no adult intervention and GS2 also amazed us with his card game trickery. A future member of the magic circle perhaps.
It was 9.30 before everyone left and the great clear up began. Nevertheless, I went to bed with a very happy heart last night.
Wishing everyone the best day possible and a speedy recovery for those feeling ill and with worries.
Wow, it's our last Bank Holiday until Winter arrives!

GrannyGravy13 Mon 30-Aug-21 08:12:02

Morning Mick and all

Yep Gingster it’s grey!!!!

Gwen & Scentia I hope you feel a little better each day ?

I am cooking a gammon today, and will
think of our dear departed Phoenix

Urms I have Costa envy ??

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

ginny Mon 30-Aug-21 08:13:09

Good morning. The weather is just as dull as it has been for the last 3 weeks or so.
DH has gone to golf so after a busy time yesterday with the family I’ll potter. A washing load to put on and a visit to the field with Lord Jasper. Otherwise I’ll indulge in some craft time.
Wishing all a smile today.

Urmstongran Mon 30-Aug-21 08:13:20

There wasn’t a space at the end of your sentence Grandmajean before you put in the asterisk.

Picky Virgoan to the rescue!
?

baubles Mon 30-Aug-21 08:26:12

Good morning Mick, morning all from South Lanarkshire where it’s rather dull but may very well brighten later.

We took an impromptu drive Troon beach yesterday afternoon purely to let the little pooch have a run on the sand which she loves. She was very well behaved, enjoyed all the interesting smells, didn’t hare off after other dogs and came when called. That isn’t always the case I’m afraid, so we had a lovely stress free walk followed by an ice cream eaten on a bench looking out to sea. Perfect Sunday afternoon.

Today I must meal plan for a few days and get some shopping in. Other than that I have no agenda so we’ll see how the day goes.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.

Nannytopsy Mon 30-Aug-21 08:28:27

Good morning Mick and all his followers. Suffolk is damp and grey too, like Gingster’s Essex, as forecast. Today we really have to get into the garden, as the men arrive tomorrow to replace our neighbours wall with a fence. The wall collapsed about 18 months ago but finally decisions have been made. We need to move the plants in pots, bench etc so that they can have a clear run.
Then off to DGS’s 8th birthday tea. There will be pizza and cake!
Best wishes to Scentia & Gwen and I hope the day is kind to everyone.

NannyJan53 Mon 30-Aug-21 08:29:27

Good morning from a cloudy Lichfield, where I stayed overnight after spending time with one of my DGD's (12). We went to the park and played crazy golf, which I won. Then back to play the word game Boggle, which she won! Photo is her climbing the wall.

Picking Mum up on the way back for Dinner at ours, roast lamb and a white chocolate and Strawberry cheesecake , homemade of course!

Wishing you all a lovely day

Nannytopsy Mon 30-Aug-21 08:33:33

What time shall I come for dinner Nannyjan ? Sounds delicious!

Grammaretto Mon 30-Aug-21 08:34:57

Happy Bank Holiday Monday everyone from the Scottish Borders. It's cool and cloudy here.

Nothing much planned for me today which is how I like it.
I've put the buckets out and will go to the shop for supplies and have a walk later - much later
The weekend was full on and I even had to turn some unexpected visitors away which seems so rude.

Who is looking after you Scentia? I hope there is someone to bring you jugs of water. Get well soon and you too Gwen.
We have very high covid rates in Scotland and many in ICU including someone I know.

I'm a Leo who noticed the omission too Urms grin

monk08 Mon 30-Aug-21 08:35:23

That looks like the wall in Beacon park Nannyjan

Urmstongran Mon 30-Aug-21 08:37:32

Grammaretto ? not surprised ... your name is a clue! ??

Grandmadinosaur Mon 30-Aug-21 08:39:16

Good morning from East Yorkshire. No need to give a weather forecast - it’s like Groundhog Day ?.
Yesterday was a nice relaxing day. I’d put a later alarm on Alexa for this morning not thinking we’d be awake and not need it but we did!
DH has gone out on his bike and I’m enjoying my cup of tea in bed .. bliss.
Not sure what our plans are for the day. There is a BH market of independent traders in our favourite area here which we might have a mooch around but that’s all we’ve got in mind.
Wishing scentia and gwen well.
Have a good day all.

Gelisajams Mon 30-Aug-21 08:42:11

Good morning from a cloudy Morecambe Bay. It feels cooler in the house too but the heating won’t come on as I’ve got the thermostat set to 12 degrees. The problem at this time of the year is if the heating airs the house first thing and then the sun comes out it gets far to hot.
I’m not sure what today holds, exercise first, no gym as it’s bank holiday so I’ll get my little book of exercise routines out and choose something. It won’t be pleasant whatever I do but I know I’m better for doing it.
Perhaps I’ll paint our second shed. It sounds grand having 2 sheds but they are both small to fit in the gap at the side of the house. One contains mainly my stash of craft materials and the other houses all our gardening equipment much of which we don’t use theses days.
Wishing everyone the very best of days.
Take care and stay safe everyone ?

Anniebach Mon 30-Aug-21 08:44:40

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Elizabeth1 Mon 30-Aug-21 08:51:45

Good morning everyone from an overcast dull start to the day here on the east coast of Fife. Yesterday turned into a really fabby day. My dh and I went to church for the first time in ages we met a good few folks we hadn’t seen in ages, afterwards the sun came out to play I do love the sunshine ☀️ for the first time pre stroke I stayed out of bed all daygrin that should be good for my well-being it’s really nice to have interaction with family throughout the day as opposed to lying in bed watching tv on my own. I’m hoping for a similar day today.

Although it feels a little cold this morning I’m nice and cosy still in my bed until a carer comes in. It’ll be prunes in my cereal today if you know what I mean I do like prunes therefore it’s no hardship.

No bank holiday here one day just runs into another. I’ll be happy to go for a little excursion to a wee village not far away called Balmullo to my ds gp for her to collect her prescription.

Wonder what’s for lunch today, we finished off the thinly cut ham yesterday, I now remember my dh saying we’re going to clean out our freezer today (what a thrill) not.

Hoping all who are lonely can get a little brightness in your life today . Keep safe it’s still out there.angry

NannyJan53 Mon 30-Aug-21 08:53:47

6pm *Nannytopsy" I will save you s slice of cheesecake, as we will never eat it all!

It is indeed Beacon Park Monk08

Greyduster Mon 30-Aug-21 08:56:12

Good morning Mick and all GNs. Another grey, breezy day in South Yorkshire. DH rather better this morning thankfully but I doubt we will be going far. Perhaps a walk down the lane. I am going to go flat out to try and finish a sweater I am knitting which has been in sight of the finish line for weeks but has rather gone off the boil. The way the weather is shaping up I might need it soon!
Wishing all a happy day.

Grandmajean Mon 30-Aug-21 09:00:46

Should there be a space before the asterisk at both ends Urmstongran ? I am being dumb !

Grandmajean Mon 30-Aug-21 09:09:21

In my (pitiful) defence - I think someone told me when I got it wrong weeks ago that there should not be any spaces. I may have misunderstood ( moi - never ) grin

LauraNorder Mon 30-Aug-21 09:10:30

Good morning Mick and all from cloudy Anglesey. Still warm and dry so that’ll have to do.
Last week for holidaymakers with children, hope it brightens up for them. The island has been so busy this year it’ll be nice to get back to our quiet way of life where only tractors and horses cause hold ups. Selfish I know.
Scentia and Gwen take it easy, let your body rest and fight off the virus.
A couple of poster names I don’t recognise, don’t want to offend by welcoming if you’re not new so will give a general welcome to all newbies.
A friend is popping over today to pick damsons, we have a huge glut this year. She loves to make jam and hopefully will give me a pot. Personally I find it cheaper and easier to buy my jam from Tesco. Lots of plums too, Orlin has made a few plum crumbles for the freezer, a big batch of tomato and basil soup (all tomatoes grown outdoors and all ripened at once) and yesterday he dug up some potatoes and made a delicious potato salad. Took me an hour to clean up after him though.
Have a lovely day and keep a look out for your random ?

BlueSapphire Mon 30-Aug-21 09:12:15

Good morning everyone from a grey and overcast Northampton, and set to be like this for the next couple of weeks.

Back home now after a lovely weekend at DD's. We went out to brunch yesterday morning, a treat from me for all they have done. DD and I indulged in an Aperol Spritz! I had American pancakes with crispy bacon, an egg and maple syrup which was very yummy

We called in at the garden centre but I'm not quite ready to replace the summer pots so didn't buy anything.

The house was cold when I got home so ended up with the heating on.

No plans for today, will just see what I feel like

Hope those feeling poorly feel better soon, and wishing all have a pleasant day.

LauraNorder Mon 30-Aug-21 09:15:06

Glad Mr Greyduster is feeling better.

Rosycheeks Mon 30-Aug-21 09:16:47

Good morning Mick and everybody. Yes its grey here in Hants too.
Not doing much today. Ordered wool for a cardigan im going to knit for DH the wool is cheaper on line than if I go to the wool shop or habadashery, its quite expensive because its the only one round here.
Hope you all have a lively Bank Holiday Monday.sunshine

Rosycheeks Mon 30-Aug-21 09:17:51

Sorry I meant lovely but you can have a lively one too if you like.x