Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday 1st September 2021

(50 Posts)
Michael12 Wed 01-Sep-21 06:03:39

Good Morning Everyone,
Another grey cloudy start here in Brackley this morning.
But its dry, anyway a quiet day watching the Vuelta unfold in the mountains of northern Spain on TV most of the day.
Also yesterday , Christmas as started to appear on the supermarket shelf already in way of Christmas puddings.
Take Care,
Mick

Oldbutstilluseful Wed 01-Sep-21 08:27:31

Good morning from North East Hants.
Elizabeth, you look so bonny in your photo, it’s lovely to see you on your feet. May you continue to improve and enjoy life.
Hate these grey skies, hope they move on soon as I love September.
Take care everyone and I hope you find something to enjoy today.

Nannytopsy Wed 01-Sep-21 08:28:07

Good morning Mick and all his followers! Another grey day in Suffolk but at least it’s dry. I have a basketful of wet washing to hang out.
DGC stayed the night so there has been a lively start to the day. DH is on his way down to make breakfast. I am hoping they will be tempted by the novelty of a cordless vacuum and a duster to help with a bit of housework!
Hoping the day is kind to everyone.

Grandmadinosaur Wed 01-Sep-21 08:38:52

Good Morning from grey East Yorkshire.

Grandmajean I love the photo - donkeys are such lovely animals. I have an adopted one too a gorgeous boy called Harbin. He was a gift at my last birthday with an 0 in it.
Elizabeth looking good there. It’s nice to have a face to the name.

Today is our last day of having DGS once a week as school beckons next week. I had been feeling quite emotional about it which is silly as it’s not as if I won’t see him again. Not sure what we will do considering the weather. Might be park and cafe after. We haven’t baked for a while either so that could be an option.
Wishing all meeting up with family a wonderful day enjoy the time together.
Thoughts ?and prayers to all who need them today.
Take care all .

Anniebach Wed 01-Sep-21 08:43:26

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

baubles Wed 01-Sep-21 08:52:50

Good morning Mick, morning all from lovely bright and sunny South Lanarkshire.

Yesterday’s outing to Glasgow was so enjoyable, a bit of a mooch round the shops then a delicious lunch in one of my favourite Italian restaurants and my friend and I caught up with all our news.

Today will be a bit of housework and a dog walk in the park.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.

Greyduster Wed 01-Sep-21 08:55:39

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Mapleleaf has our South Yorkshire weather spot on this morning, and yes, it’s chilly! We had a phone call from the decorator late yesterday to say he is descending on us - at long last - very early tomorrow morning. We now have to get the landing and stair carpet up and out of the way and clear the decks for several days of disruption. Hope it will be worth it in the end. I’m making soup today and doing a bit of shopping and laundry but that will be about it. Have a good day folks.

Auntieflo Wed 01-Sep-21 09:07:13

Good morning Mick, Annie and all.

I made some Mamade marmalade yesterday, and wasn't sure whether it had set or not, but this morning I opened a jar, and it's fine.
Later will pop into town and pick up an order, and we shall have coffee in the Church Coffee shop. They have decided not to open on Saturdays any more, which is a great shame, as several friends would meet there to catch up on all our "doings".

Did a couple of Quick washes yesterday, but had to dry them indoors, as the weather looked decidedly dodgy, so they will have to now be folded and put away. Oh, the excitement!

Tomorrow GD and family are coming in the afternoon, and I will have to pack a case for our couple of nights at DD's.

Have a good day one and all.

Dogsmakemesmile Wed 01-Sep-21 09:08:48

Good morning everyone and keep getting better wishes to Scentia and Gwen. Nothing planned. Recovering from two days childcare! Can't wait to build up some stamina. Do have physio this afternoon for which I am very grateful. Beautiful day forecast. Wash on and soon to be out. Think we might eat toast all day...Take care

Ashcombe Wed 01-Sep-21 09:12:05

Good morning from la Sarthe where it’s overcast yet again. This has been our worst night so far with interruptions due to a mosquito, me coughing and DH being kept awake with a degree of discomfort from his back. What a pair of hopeless cases!

Yesterday, it brightened later as we did our glass recycling in the nearby village. Afterwards, I suggested a drive around some of the nearby pretty lanes which was fine except for the odd unexpected bump which jolted DH's back. A brief foray into Lidl in the next town was fruitful as I found some lovely soft cotton trousers which had been reduced. Size disparity in French Lidl clothing means I have to buy Large despite being a Medium normally.

It’s good to hear of routines being re-established with grandchildren as schools gradually gear up for the new term. Well done to Elizabeth for being out and sharing a such a lovely photo!

Good luck to grandMattie travelling to Bristol and to all facing trials and uncertainties today. As Dave Allen always said, “May your God go with you.” ???

BlueSapphire Wed 01-Sep-21 09:13:36

Good morning and Happy White Rabbits Day from Northampton where it is grey and feeling distinctly chilly. Have put the heating on! I was really cold yesterday evening too.

Had a good health walk yesterday afternoon followed by coffee and a chat afterwards. Nothing much planned for today; I may run the hoover round upstairs (or not). And this afternoon a walk up to the well-being cafe, taking my knitting with me.

Safe travels to people on the move, and a pleasant Wednesday to all.

Grandmajean Wed 01-Sep-21 09:15:02

Grandmadinosaur and any other animal lovers out there - my donkey is called Zena. We had a holiday two years ago in Lyme Regis. For a Scot living in Cheshire that is the Deep South ! Loved the town and had to pop over the border to Devon to the donkey sanctuary. Fantastic day out - beautiful walks and fields of donkeys. Lovely restaurant and shop. Free entry and no pressure to buy . I adopted a donkey of course !

hollysteers Wed 01-Sep-21 09:25:06

Good morning and White Rabbits Mick and all from a grey Lancashire coast. )Don’t mention the C word!)
Perfect day out yesterday to Llangollen (apart from no sun). Walked by the river, saw an art exhibition and bought two books by favourite author William Trevor. Then along the canal drawn by a lovely cob and serenaded in Welsh by a young man working the narrow boat with nice tenor voice.
Finally driven over the pretty Horshoe Pass. It was chillier than expected, so cardigans at the ready.
Amused by a chap saying to his companion getting on the bus
“Take your time, but hurry up!”
Mundane house stuff today.
Hope you all have a good day and thoughts to the worried.

Ashcombe Wed 01-Sep-21 09:26:33

Grandmajean: how lovely to hear the background story to your husband’s pin up!! Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuary is an hour's drive from me when in Torbay, A very special place.

We have a beautiful small ornament of a donkey which has pride of place next to one of our wedding pictures here. Make of that what you will!

Sar53 Wed 01-Sep-21 09:29:07

Good morning from another grey day in Essex by the sea. This weather gives me no incentive to want to go anywhere.

DH has gone to undercoat the floor in part of the boat. I'm going with him later in the week to give it a good clean as we are hoping to go on it's maiden voyage for one night next Monday. It will be the one and only time we use it this year and I know he is looking forward to taking it out. I will reserve judgement.

Enjoy Wednesday whatever you may be up to. Best wishes to all xxx

Blossoming Wed 01-Sep-21 09:41:51

Good morning Mick and all. It’s cool, grey and cloudy here in Lancashire. Temperature currently 13 deg C.

Another day with not much planned, still resting my knee. I need to visit the pharmacy later to collect some meds that are owed from my regular prescription.

Welcome to any new posters. Best wishes to anyone celebrating and virtual hugs to anybody suffering.

Wishing a safe journey to anybody traveling. I see quite a few of us are getting out and about now.

Have the best day possible. ?

Gelisajams Wed 01-Sep-21 09:41:58

Good morning from a cloudy Morecambe Bay. DS1 is coming later with his partner and the grandchildren. There could be one two or three of them depending on their social life commitments! We stocked up on food yesterday but DH has gone out to get more stuff which we forgot. We won’t need to do any more shopping for a month.
DH phoned to book his blood test yesterday but was told they were only doing urgent appointments. Surely cancer check ups are urgent if they are due? He rang his consultant who arranged it immediately thankfully. It makes you realise how precarious some of the supply chains are that we take for granted.
Wishing everyone a lovely day. Take care and stay safe ?

Blossoming Wed 01-Sep-21 09:59:45

Dogsmakemesmile eating toast all day sounds like the very dab on a grey day like today!

Scentia Wed 01-Sep-21 10:10:00

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire where it looks a little grey out there.
I would like to say I am late as I have just been so busy, but, alas not so?
I am still in my room as DH is still negative and I am desperate to keep it that way. I did a test myself this morning just to see and I am still positive?
I have fallen in love with the lamp shade in this room and intend to change our room colours when I can move back to the marital bed, it gives off such a lovely pattern.
My kidney pain is under control and I feel, like Gwen, better than I have for a long time. I have noticed the rest has done wonders for my shoulder and I am reluctant to go back to such heavy lifting at work. I will talk to DH another time about that?
Have a lovely day folks and enjoy my image that I have fallen for this week!!

aggie Wed 01-Sep-21 10:43:14

Good morning all from a pleasant Co Armagh , light cloud and no rain
Someone was talking about Dishwashers ? Our visitor recently told us that washing dishes at a low temperature in the Dishwasher was false economy , seems that the amount of water used is no more than a kettle full so the higher temperature isn’t much more electricity and the machine doesn’t build up as much gunge so is more hygienic and the parts last longer ! ….. no I didn’t yawn as he droned on , but I did reset my machine ?

Urmstongran Wed 01-Sep-21 10:54:20

Sar53 someone I know had a boat, berthed it on Lake Windermere. He made me laugh when he said he agreed with the saying “The two happiest days in a boat owner's life: the day you buy the boat, and the day you sell the boat.”
??

Ashcombe Wed 01-Sep-21 10:56:50

Scentia: what a beautiful pattern - it reminds me of peacock feathers! I hope yours and Gwen's improvements continue. It must be so hard but your determination to protect your DH seems to have paid off. ?

TanaMa Wed 01-Sep-21 11:38:37

Cold, cloudy dismal start to September in South Wales! Has been the same for a few days. At least it is more comfortable fir the dogs!

Scentia Wed 01-Sep-21 13:17:51

Ginster. Just watching the news about a new drug incliserin a new statin which is a biannual injection. Wonder whether it will help your DH.? Get him on a trial programme!!

Macgran43 Wed 01-Sep-21 16:56:24

A warm sunny day in Ayrshire. Having a swim and a prom walk/ sunbathe and a friend to the garden this afternoon. I caught up on two episodes of Vigil last night and enjoyed that.