Gransnet forums

Chat

Two pleasant surprises already this morning!

(32 Posts)
Katek Thu 09-Sep-21 11:47:58

I needed to speak to GP this morning re prescription change. ‘Here goes’ I thought as I prepared to do battle but no! Receptionist answered after couple of rings, booked a telephone appointment for an hour later and then GP called back 10 minutes early! I needed a lie down after that! Then I had to phone Sainsbury’s re delivery tomorrow, and I was through all the multiple choice selection process and speaking to an extremely helpful lady within 1 minute and 15 seconds! Another lie down needed! Why can’t insurers and utility companies be this efficient?

Whiff Sat 11-Sep-21 05:42:11

Yesterday morning have pre booked appointment to speak to my GP.Need to get a repeat prescription for blood thinners I have just been put on as recently been diagnosed with AF. And update on my hospital visits this week. I use an independent pharmacy who deliver to anyone. Spoke to my GP at 9.20 tablets arrived at 11.20.

The surgery and pharmacy are both very efficient. Usually I order my repeat prescription via the NHS app but this was a new tablet. When I order my tablets they usually arrive the next day the longest I have waited is 3 days. I live in the north west. And a very busy surgery and pharmacy.

My brother's surgery it takes a week just to get a prescription and it's quicker if he fetches the tablets himself from the pharmacy. He lives in the West Midlands.

grannyrebel7 Sat 11-Sep-21 06:46:06

Got a doctor's appointment and a letter from DWP this week saying that they'd miscalculated my pension and telling me it had now increased by £21 per month. Win win situation!

cc Sat 11-Sep-21 10:11:43

Harmonypuss

@Katek

A phone appointment for a prescription change within an hour or two???
On Monday (5 Sept), I asked my surgery for something similar (my pharmacy hasn't been able to get one of my meds for several months so I've had to ration them) and the surgery receptionist told me that this is NOT an emergency and therefore the earliest available telephone (never mind f2f) appointment is 30 September!

My DD is prone to getting nasty UTIs and went to get an appointment. The receptionist hardly listened to her and said no. DD insisted on leaving a sample which was snatched from her hand and dumped - DD asked if she'd like to take her name for the sample?!
Next day she asked for a telephone consultation which has not materialized. This will probably result in her having to go to A&E this weekend when it becomes unbearably painful.

cc Sat 11-Sep-21 10:13:26

Not strictly on the theme of this thread but I should add that my GPs are wonderful. Had a text invitation for a flu jab on Wednesday, called back and had the jab on Thursday.

cc Sat 11-Sep-21 10:17:49

Harmonypuss

@25Avalon
Some of the online chat services work well whilst others don’t. It’s alright until something goes wrong and you need to speak to a person.

When in this situation and knowing that an autumn's system won't be able to sort my issue I just type
"I need to speak to a human"
It normally gets me an actual human on the online system or they will phone me.

When I reach maximum frustration I start to press the * button repeatedly for a menu entry and usually get switched to a short queue for a human.

25Avalon Sat 11-Sep-21 12:09:46

Cc do you think that might work with Hermes? So much trouble with them in this area I will no longer place orders with companies who use them or I pay more for a different carrier.