Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday 11th September 2021

(56 Posts)
Michael12 Sat 11-Sep-21 06:04:05

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a cloudy start here but its dry at the moment here in brackley .
Unsure at the moment to what direction of bus travel I will do today , either Bicester direct both ways ,and have a breakfast bap in the bakery cafe I use, or go via Buckingham both ways , which would see me home mid afternoon .
I intend to watch the penultimate stage of the cycle tour of Britain, as it starts from the borders to Edinburgh today .
Take Care,
Mick

Neen Sat 11-Sep-21 11:58:12

Annapops gosh .. in awe

Neen Sat 11-Sep-21 11:56:21

Good morning ,
Today I have a day of rest but may pop for lunch over the local. I can't decide yet.
I've had a lovely walk with the dig and the breeze today is much appreciated .
Have a great day

LauraNorder Sat 11-Sep-21 11:50:14

Wow Annapops just wow.
I can see why you’re proud.

EkwaNimitee Sat 11-Sep-21 11:45:29

Good morning Mick and all from grey Carlisle.
I've recently returned from Sainsbury's where I've done a top up shop between online deliveries. Specifically, I'd thought I ought to get my Christmas cake ingredients in now. It's the one Christmas thing that's sacrosanct, I'm not bothered about Christmas generally. Well, the shelves in that area were just about stripped bare, everyone must have had the same thought! Getting down on my knees, I found a box of dried fruit others must have missed and have got most of what I need. And my free range chicken which Tesco couldn't supply last week. The other blank areas were toilet rolls (of course!) and dog food. Little gaps elsewhere they are cunningly trying to disguise.
I have a flu jab due this afternoon. In previous years, they just let me know they were available, this year they sent an actual appointment and have now texted me to say it's still on. I don't look forward to the aftermath, I always get a very sore arm I can't sleep on for 2 or 3 nights.
harrigran, I do hope your DH is feeling better and is soon home. Look after yourself too.
And everyone have the best possible weekend.

Blossoming Sat 11-Sep-21 11:00:45

Good morning Mick and all. It’s a grey day here in Lancashire following overnight rain. Brightening up now. Temperature currently 18°C, with a pleasant breeze.

I’m late to the party today, it was very hot here last night and I didn’t sleep well. Laundry to do today, followed by rest and relaxation.

Welcome to any new posters. Best wishes to anyone celebrating and virtual hugs to anybody suffering. Wishing a safe journey to anybody traveling.

Have the best day possible ???

maydonoz Sat 11-Sep-21 10:56:20

Just catching up on GM's news.
I was so sorry to read about Grandmattie's tragic loss, sending sincere condolences to you GM and your family.
And to Harrigran, hope your DH is recovering a d you are getting a little rest.

LauraNorder Sat 11-Sep-21 10:55:49

Good morning Mick and all from warmish Anglesey under a pale blue streaky sky.
Sorry Mr H will be a bit cross to be back in hospital Harrigran but I’m sure you did the right thing. Hope his temperature comes down and things improve over the weekend.
Hope you’re set free soon Cornergran, hospital is fine when we need it but no place like home when we’re done.
Belated birthday wishes Notagran ?, hope it was a good un.
Have a good day to all and special thoughts to grandMattie x

aggie Sat 11-Sep-21 10:45:39

Good morning all , the sun keeps sulking behind the clouds , but it’s dry

Stilllearning Sat 11-Sep-21 10:25:41

Morning from a dull but brightening S Lanarkshire. Lovely overnight visit from DD, she left for work at quarter to six this morning. As usual she tidied and reorganised me so I’ll spend today looking for all the things that I usually keep to hand!

A quiet day today I think. I want to choose family photos from my phone to be printed out, framed, and hung in my garden room. I am the world’s worst procrastinator, this should have been done weeks ago, so today it is.

I hope things improve soon for your husband harrigranand therefore for you.

Wishing everyone a good day???

Nannytopsy Sat 11-Sep-21 10:13:50

Good morning Mick and all his followers. I am still in bed too, with the first coffee of the day.
I am still shortening school trousers and there is a small mountain of ironing to finish but it will have to wait. We are meeting friends for a late pub lunch as they pass by on their way home. We shall take our diaries and try to arrange a couple of days away which would give us something to look forward to. When I was at work, I booked trips at least three holidays in advance!
Annapops I am amazed at those photos. Best wishes to your DH Harrigran.
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

Gingster Sat 11-Sep-21 09:53:19

Sar and GrannyGravy ive sent you a pm. ?

GrannyGravy13 Sat 11-Sep-21 09:41:44

Morning Mick and all

How frightening for you both harrigran I hope you manage to get some rest, and reassuring news regarding your DH

cornergran I am sure you will be up and about soon, but your body is telling you to take it easy.

I am still in bed (#lazygran) watching James Martin (who I think is extremely scrummy along with his food). Later I will be getting organised to go up to Norfolk for a few days it will be our 30th wedding anniversary whilst we are there, our intentions were to be in the Caribbean but COVID has put pay to that.

Sar53 Gingster I can do the Monday or Wednesday that first full week of October (Thursday at a push but I would have to change dental hygienist appointment)

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

hollysteers Sat 11-Sep-21 09:38:59

Good morning Mick and all from a dull Lancashire coast.
I’m still tired after such a busy week but must get on with things today. All the small things mount up if left.
I missed the reading of the water meter yesterday as out at art group so need to do that and get ready for trip to Whitby tomorrow, just a day trip.
Hope you have a nice day and thoughts to Harrigran and anyone with troubles.

Grandmajean Sat 11-Sep-21 09:37:40

Just seen your post Harrigran - hope your DH improves as the day goes on.

TopsyIrene06 Sat 11-Sep-21 09:32:12

Harrigran So sorry you both had a worrying day yesterday. Fingers crossed for today.

cornergran Sat 11-Sep-21 09:20:42

A late good morning Mick and All from my hospital corner where I can see some blue sky.

Incredibly frustrated as while my knee is doing well my BP continues to drop on movement leaving me nauseous and dizzy/fainting. Lots of reassurance but I just want to get moving. Should be home tomorrow if physio permits. I’ll bribe her if necessary grin

What a worry harri hope your husband and all poorly people see some positives soon

Take care everyone, hope Saturday is kind to us all.

Nannagarra Sat 11-Sep-21 09:16:12

Happy belated birthday NotAGran55.
Oh, harrigran, I wish things soon improve for you and your poor DH. I feel frustrated on your behalf.
It’s good to learn Ian is on reduced pain relief but not so good to hear about the GP muddle Ashcombe.
Thank you for the beautiful photos, ladies.

Auntieflo Sat 11-Sep-21 09:12:25

Good morning Mick, Annie and all.
Thought are with GrandMattie and her family.
My back is sore and I am very stiff first thing in the morning just recently, so I am slow getting going. Hope to loosen up and just get out later on.
DD and SIL have taken their camper van to Cornwall for a break and will meet up with DS1 at some point. So I am hoping the weather is kind to them, as they worked so hard to make our anniversary special last weekend.
I have got a new knitting project and will enjoy having busy fingers.
Hoping that Harrigran manages to get a peaceful day and that her DH improves.
Have a good day one and all.

Sar53 Sat 11-Sep-21 09:08:15

Good morning from a very grey Essex by the sea.

DH is at his boat again, I will be going along to the chemist shortly to buy some wool, yes they sell lovely wool in our local chemist. Tonight we are going for a fish and chip supper at the Yacht club.

It would have been my mum's birthday today and 20 years ago myself and my daughters had taken her on the London Eye for her birthday. It was as we were coming home on the train that we heard about what had happened in America. A sobering day.

Sorry to hear that your DH is unwell Harrigran, I wish him well.

Gingster perhaps a meet up in the first full week of October. Let's try and sort something out with GG.

Enjoy your Saturday whatever you are up to xxx

Jaxjacky Sat 11-Sep-21 09:00:20

Good morning Mick and all from a brightening S Hants. ginny I’ll wave, we’re about 7 miles from Southampton, as mentioned before, enjoy your visit.
20 years since the dreadful twin towers, one of those ‘where were you’ moments.
Washing, weekly newspaper treat and fuel up my car today.
Sorry to hear your DH is poorly Harrigran, may he improve swiftly. Thoughts with grandMattie ???.

Elizabeth1 Sat 11-Sep-21 08:54:11

Good morning everyone the sun has got it’s hat sunshineon here on the east coast of Fife. What a grand sleep I had last night. Nice and refreshed this morning.

The cousins stayed overnight, what fun we had, fish and chips too for our tea.and it’ll be a full English/Scottish breakfast today. The cholesterol levels are way down,thank goodness for statins smile

Thinking of those who are less fortunate than me. Hugs all around.

Anniebach Sat 11-Sep-21 08:52:41

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Greyduster Sat 11-Sep-21 08:48:12

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Overcast and close in South Yorkshire this morning - what my mother would have called “muggy”. We had a lot of rain yesterday. I have to go out and buy DH a present for his upcoming birthday today. No idea what. Other than that, it’s ironing and knitting. In other words, a quiet weekend.
Have the best day you can folks.

Gingster Sat 11-Sep-21 08:44:59

Harrigran - hoping your dh improves quickly. Rest up and take the day as it comes. ?

Nortsat Sat 11-Sep-21 08:42:10

Annapops what wonderful photographs.