Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday 11th September 2021

(55 Posts)
Michael12 Sat 11-Sep-21 06:04:05

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a cloudy start here but its dry at the moment here in brackley .
Unsure at the moment to what direction of bus travel I will do today , either Bicester direct both ways ,and have a breakfast bap in the bakery cafe I use, or go via Buckingham both ways , which would see me home mid afternoon .
I intend to watch the penultimate stage of the cycle tour of Britain, as it starts from the borders to Edinburgh today .
Take Care,
Mick

monk08 Sat 11-Sep-21 06:16:15

Good morning all from the Black country. No full English today,early start here DH has organised an inter club fishing contest. He doesn't fish it but needs to be there plus he takes one of his team members who doesn't drive.
Mick I'd choose the breakfast bap route.
Meeting family for lunch Dgs1 has his first gymnastics lesson Dil will bring him to meet afterwards. DS and Dgs2 will meet me earlier.
Over to friends in Redditch this evening.
Virtual hugs where needed enjoy Saturday and may you all find some ?.

Nannagarra Sat 11-Sep-21 06:26:58

Good morning from the Sefton coast where it is dry and promises to be another lovely day.
In my three week break from the thread I’ve returned to the gym and pool which I’m thoroughly enjoying. Another highlight is Tai Chi lessons on the beach with a background of cruise liners sailing along the estuary as the sun sets. Heavenly.
This week has been particularly busy culminating in DS1’s birthday yesterday which we celebrated with a family meal.
Enjoy your day whatever it may hold. Sending a wave and a smile to everyone..
??? Mattie x

Alizarin Sat 11-Sep-21 07:02:39

Good morning from a brightening south Cornwall. September 11th, 20 years since a Cornish man died saving people there and I always think of it each year. Today, to the allotment coffee morning, then planting some teasles in my wild patch. Have the best Saturday you can. Hugs for all who are sad.

Daisytwoshoes Sat 11-Sep-21 07:02:48

Morning mick and all, .breakfast bap sounds a good idea mick
Hope cornergran is recovering well from her op .
Thoughts to grandmattie and her family ?
It’s a grey start here in Somerset .not sure what today will hold yet .A few jobs to do this morning. hubby is going to watch DGS1 play footie .
Maybe a walk and a coffee somewhere after lunch
Have a good weekend and take care everyone

NotAGran55 Sat 11-Sep-21 07:14:21

Good morning from dull but hopefully dry West Berkshire.

Hair cut this morning followed by football this afternoon and watching Emma win the US Open tonight ? .

Belated birthday wishes Monk08, we share the same birthday. This one was my Bus Pass Day .

Special thoughts to grandMattie and all who are in pain or sorrowful.

monk08 Sat 11-Sep-21 07:22:14

Belated birthday wishes to you also NotaGran55? I've passed the bus one 2yrs to the big 70

Scentia Sat 11-Sep-21 07:32:21

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire where it looks like a dry day.
The clothes I got from Next looked horrible so they are all going back this morning ?. The new me is on hold!!!
Went to a little local cinema with DD to see Respect last night, wow, what a life that woman had?
I am off to physio soon then this afternoon I have a hair appointment, first one in 3 years. Nothing to do with Covid, I just find it a bit traumatic as it never looks how I want it to do I am just going for a trim and a blow dry as it is quite out of condition, I am not going for a restyle as that is when I get disappointed?
DD has been promoted at work so the children will be attending a Nursery on one of my days just in the morning so I don’t get too behind at the factory as two full days will take up a lot of my working hours. DGS is so excited he went to bed in his new uniform last night!!!
GM thinking of you, always.
Have the best day folks snd stay safe❤️

BlueSapphire Sat 11-Sep-21 07:34:36

Good morning everyone from another grey and overcast ☁ Northampton. Hoping it stays fine as I have booked for the cinema this afternoon, and it is a bit of a walk from the bus stop in town. I felt very bold booking it, another first big step for me - first time for a bus on my own, and first time at the cinema since February last year, before the first lockdown. It is a socially distanced performance and I was able to choose and book my seat on line. Popcorn at the ready(!), and the cinema has a bar so I shall be ok! I shall be watching Timothy Spall in 'The Last Bus'.

Enjoyed the rugby last night; it was so good to be back at the ground, and an exciting game with several tries from each team. My team, Northampton Saints, came out on top, and I celebrated with a glass of wine.

A gentle morning of reading the papers ahead and a bit of tidying up. Wishes to all for a pleasant day. Thinking of grandMattie and family.

Beechnut Sat 11-Sep-21 07:35:16

Good Morning everyone from sunny Severnside.
Belated happy birthday NotAGran ??. Although past the age I’ve yet to organise my bus pass.

I’ll get some washing on the line today and organise my dining table for some trying out my new dies and stamps on Monday. It’ll mean a few trots up and down the stairs.

I’m going to try to be more cheery today. Thinking of you all ??

Ashcombe Sat 11-Sep-21 07:38:22

Good morning, everyone, from a rather cool Sarthe today.

Thank you for the many good wishes from you good folk for olddudders's appointment with the doctor yesterday morning. His Spanish GP got in rather a muddle with the paperwork, apparently, (I waited in the car) and it was rather an anticlimax all round. He's being sent for an X-ray with a view to seeing a rheumatologist eventually. We had hoped for a prescription for some Vit D and calcium for his recently identified osteoporosis. On the plus side, Ian is managing on reduced pain relief and we sense (dare I say?) some improvement. Last night we managed a walk to capture these sunset photos.

It was good to see grandMattie here yesterday and we’ll keep the flamingoes glowing to let her know we are thinking of her. ???

Happy weekend! ??☀️

brook2704 Sat 11-Sep-21 07:46:09

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s cloudy, grey and drizzly. Hopefully it’ll brighten up later.
Nothing planned for today except getting the garden ready for some work we’re having done next week. So we’re moving plant pots out of the way and doing a general tidy up etc.
What a shame your new clothes didn’t suit Scentia hopefully you’ll find something better soon. Well done to your DD on her promotion
Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today, even just a small thing and take care all whatever the day brings ?

maydonoz Sat 11-Sep-21 07:47:55

Good morning all from a dull and overcast Welwyn,Herts.
Today I look forward to a quiet ish day following yesterday's long walk in the morning, and an unexpected visit from DS1 and 2 DGC in the late afternoon. My DIL had to do some overtime so they popped over to ours for a few hours, they live locally so no problem.
Today I shall just potter indoors and see what comes along.
Hopefully Emma Radicanu will win the match tonight but will have to wait till tomorrow to find out. What a star she is.
I hope you all have a pleasant weekend.

baubles Sat 11-Sep-21 07:49:40

Good morning Mick, morning all from grey and damp South Lanarkshire.

I frittered the day away yesterday, achieved nothing and felt annoyed with myself. I did make a couple of fruit loaves so that’s something I suppose.

Today I’m looking forward to having a day out with a friend I met on Gnet, the Botanic Gardens is on the agenda along with coffee and cake I’m sure.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day. ??

Urmstongran Sat 11-Sep-21 07:53:59

Sun’s up! ?
Good morning everyone from Malaga where we have a forecast of 30°C, sunny with a gentle breeze. I ♥️ September out here.

Himself has a Man. Utd game to watch at some stage and I’m totally into a John Steinbeck classic ‘Grapes of Wrath’. He wrote so beautifully. Don’t think we are out and abouting today. Possibly pasta for dinner (with a jar of arrabiata sauce - eat your heart out Nigella).

Enjoy today all who can. x

ginny Sat 11-Sep-21 07:59:16

Good morning everyone. A bit of a dull start but not too chilly and it is dry.
Just a few bits to put in the caravan and then we are off down to Southampton . Hoping the traffic isn’t too bad on the journey.
Sad news from a friend yesterday so thoughts and hugs to her and all here who need them. Hope there are some smiles along the way today.

harrigran Sat 11-Sep-21 08:01:43

Good morning from a sunny NE ?
Yesterday was a a dreadful day, DH was very unwell, I took his temperature and it was 39.7. I tried ringing the nurse but couldn't get through, tried the chemotherapy unit and couldn't get through. The telephonist on the hospital switchboard said she would find someone for me, at last a young person with a modicum of common sense.
Nurse told me to take DH to A&E, I said he couldn't walk he was way too ill. I rang 999, it took 8 minutes before a call handler picked up and was told the ambulance would be 1.5 hours. It actually was 2+ hours.
The hospital have put him on an antibiotic drip but say they can not find any infection markers in his blood, they were concerned about sepsis.
He is not going to be happy at me sending him to hospital but I could not ignore the signs.
Family rang up and asked if they should come and keep me company but I declined as I was so tired and just needed to sleep.
I guess today is going to be busy too.
Have a good weekend.

Alizarin Sat 11-Sep-21 08:02:17

Thank you Urms for my first laugh of the day. 'Himself has a Man.' Yep, I read on, but still had an initial giggle.

Alizarin Sat 11-Sep-21 08:04:50

harrigran, so sorry. Hope you have been able to rest well.

Grandmajean Sat 11-Sep-21 08:05:12

Good morning from Cheshire.
Bright and sunny.
Thinking often about GrandMattie . Worst life event that could ever happen to anyone.
I hope everyone has a bright spot somewhere in their day.

Urmstongran Sat 11-Sep-21 08:08:43

Alizarin ?

brook2704 Sat 11-Sep-21 08:11:28

Sorry to hear about your DH harrigran hope things improve a bit today, take care ?

dragonfly46 Sat 11-Sep-21 08:13:15

Good morning from cloudy Leicestershire.

A quiet day I think as I think we walked too far and too fast yesterday. Had a long chat with DS which is always good. He had gone into the office for the first time in 18months and his little boy cried.

Sending gentle hugs and ?to Mattie and Harrigan.

Pittcity Sat 11-Sep-21 08:14:18

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. Warm and damp, ugh.

I need some flamingos to brighten things up.

There's a music festival in the park today so I will open the windows or sit in the garden, depending on the weather, and listen to the music. Takeaway tonight, not decided what yet, and watching the tennis this evening.

Love to all x

Daisytwoshoes Sat 11-Sep-21 08:15:52

Hope your DH is a little better today “harrigran “ and you have a better day, take care ?