Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday 12th September 2021

(58 Posts)
Michael12 Sun 12-Sep-21 06:05:21

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight but remains dry here at the moment in Brackley .
Yesterdays plans I went direct to Bicester ,and spent a couple of hours there , later I went and got a Chinese Take Away ,and had to walk threw the charter fair which was packed with most rides busy but caution was taken .
Today , light lunch as I watch the drama unfold in the final stage of the Tour of Britain on TV , will a Brit win the event?
Take Care,
Mick

Lizzie72 Sun 12-Sep-21 20:43:05

A promise for Philip

Urmstongran Sun 12-Sep-21 20:32:09

Philip’s legacy. I like it.

Grannmarie Sun 12-Sep-21 19:41:24

I say "Love you!" regularly to our grandchildren, but will now make a point of saying it to my three sons.
Thank you Grandmattie, God bless you and comfort you in your sorrow on the loss of your precious son, Philip.

Grandmajean Sun 12-Sep-21 18:33:28

Son here at the moment having fixed DH's computer. Told him he is the best son in the world ! He is ( along with all of the sons of Gransnetters ! )

Jaxjacky Sun 12-Sep-21 15:47:12

I told my daughter when I saw her yesterday, my son an hour ago when I saw him, I will do so forever grandMattie.

Dogsmakemesmile Sun 12-Sep-21 14:48:55

I will grandmattie

muse Sun 12-Sep-21 14:02:56

grandMattie. I promise ???

brook2704 Sun 12-Sep-21 13:10:13

grandMattie I promise I will
It’s so thoughtful and strong of you to come on here and post those wise words. I’m sure Philip would have known how much you loved and cared for him ?

baubles Sun 12-Sep-21 12:30:12

grandMattie thanks

farview Sun 12-Sep-21 12:28:35

grandMattie..what a wonderful lady you are...in my thoughts constantly, Philip definitely would have known that you loved him so much...I shall ensure that I always tell my 4 that I love them...?

Blossoming Sun 12-Sep-21 10:48:18

Good morning Mick and all. It’s another grey day here in Lancashire. Temperature currently 15°C.

No plans for today other than reading, my current book is Great Expectations.

Welcome to any new posters. Best wishes to anyone celebrating and virtual hugs to anybody suffering. Wishing a safe journey to anybody traveling.

Have the best day possible ???

LauraNorder Sun 12-Sep-21 10:31:47

GrandMattie, you have spoken of Philip as your ‘most precious offspring’, your love for him shone through. flowers

Annapops Sun 12-Sep-21 10:18:06

Good morning everyone from Durham. It's rather cloudy and dull but still warm.

Three GC stayed overnight and are now awaiting collection. We managed to wear them out with some time at the Play park yesterday so they did not wake us up at "silly" time!

Thanks to those of you who enjoyed seeing GD1's dance photos yesterday. She is like a rubber band and often scares us when we take her out and she decides to tumble across the grass. I'm terrified of an injury on my watch.

Great to hear about your GD too, Ashcombe. Hopefully we will be able to watch them perform live at some point this year. GD1 also achieves well in gymnastics and fingers crossed, she will be competing in a big national competition in October. It's wonderful seeing their talents develop to such a standard with the additional joy of witnessing how they grow in confidence too.

I'm sorry to hear about your DH harigran. You must be so worried. I do hope things improve as the situation sounds shocking. Also thinking of grandMattie. I can't imagine how your loss must feel. Sending thanks. I think all of us would do well to absorb your heartfelt words.

Daisytwoshoes Sun 12-Sep-21 10:16:54

grandmattie sending you and your family lots of love
Promise ?you are in my thoughts

Ashcombe Sun 12-Sep-21 10:16:50

Wise words from you, grandMattie, as you think of others in the midst of your pain. My three will be told how much I love them. Thank you. ?

Shelflife Sun 12-Sep-21 10:11:36

Haven't posted here before but always read.
grandMattie - I promise , sending you lots of love . I can't imagine your pain . Philip was well aware of your love I am sure of that. Thinking of you every day. ?

Susan56 Sun 12-Sep-21 09:57:14

grandMattie as Grandmajean says Philip will have known how loved he was and what a special son he was to you.
I too will take your advice and make sure my two daughters know how loved they are.
Sending love and prayers to you and your family??

Gingster Sun 12-Sep-21 09:50:10

GrandMattie ?

monk08 Sun 12-Sep-21 09:45:45

grandMattie flowers

Grandmajean Sun 12-Sep-21 09:44:05

Even though I don't "know" you grandMattie you are constantly in my thoughts. Philip will indeed have known how special he is. Will do as you say and tell my son and daughter how important they are to us.

BlueSapphire Sun 12-Sep-21 09:44:00

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny ? Northampton. Hoping it stays like this as two friends and I are going to a Scarecrow Festival in a nearby village. I have been before, and it is fun going round and seeing how people's imaginations have run wild. How they come up with fresh ideas every year beats me.

An adventure for me yesterday as I went to town on the bus on my own for the first time since February last year, and then to the cinema. Not a lot of people wearing masks, but I wore mine, and just thought if I want to live properly again I need to do this. Only about 20 of us in the cinema and socially distanced so I felt safe there. I had taken my own popcorn (!), and bought a glass of wine at the bar so I was quite happy! The film was ok, if rather sentimental. Timothy Spall was good as the old man taking his wife's ashes on local buses from John O'Groats to Land's End.

Spent a pleasant evening watching the last night of the Proms on tv, then switched over to catch the end of the tennis. Well done Emma!

Must get my skates on, have a late breakfast and get ready to go out, but a cat has just plonked herself on my knee. Her sister managed to shut herself in the wardrobe yesterday; I wondered where the frantic miaows were coming from!

Have a pleasant Sunday everyone.

fatgran57 Sun 12-Sep-21 09:38:47

grandMattie flowers xxx

grandMattie Sun 12-Sep-21 09:33:21

You have all been so kind. Thank you. Today is a bit hard as it is just a week since my Philip died.
Promise me that you will tell you children how much you love them; I did so with my Philip and feel happy that he knew, rather than it was implicit.
Thank you all again. Xxxx

cornergran Sun 12-Sep-21 09:30:44

Morning Mick, morning All. It seems to be sunny outside my hospital corner.

Definitely being discharged today. Strangely I have mixed feelings, there’s a sense of safety here I think. Physio has encouraged even more painful exercises. I can get up quite a speed with two sticks which is unreasonably delighting me.

I’m so sorry your husband is having such a difficult time harri, I can imagine your anxiety and frustration isn’t helped by not being able to see him.

I do seem to have hospital brain, not retaining much so will just wish everyone well and hope that Sunday is gentle with us all.

Jaxjacky Sun 12-Sep-21 09:14:51

Sun’s out in S Hants. Talented GD’s with their dancing on here.
That’s disgraceful Harrigran, so frustrating for you too, hope MrH is home soon.
MrJ will be ironing today prior to packing, it’s been a year since our last break, I have a list!
Thoughts with gM
Enjoy your Sunday all.