Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday 12th September 2021

(57 Posts)
Michael12 Sun 12-Sep-21 06:05:21

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight but remains dry here at the moment in Brackley .
Yesterdays plans I went direct to Bicester ,and spent a couple of hours there , later I went and got a Chinese Take Away ,and had to walk threw the charter fair which was packed with most rides busy but caution was taken .
Today , light lunch as I watch the drama unfold in the final stage of the Tour of Britain on TV , will a Brit win the event?
Take Care,
Mick

Ashcombe Sun 12-Sep-21 06:17:50

Good morning, Mick and company from a chilly Sarthe, with promise of sun later.

My DGD has her first session today with the county ballet association, for which she successfully auditioned a few months ago. She takes lessons in various forms of dance, with ballet being her favourite. DH and I couldn’t be more proud and excited for her as we love watching ballet.

To celebrate our wedding anniversary in late October, I have booked tickets for “Romeo and Juliet”, being performed by Birmingham Royal Ballet in Plymouth so I’m hoping olddudders will be well enough to travel by then.

Wishing those with worries or pain of any kind some relief on this day of rest. ???

Alizarin Sun 12-Sep-21 06:20:25

Good morning from south Cornwall where rain is forecast. Gulls are busy screeching and wheeling and there's a cool breeze coming through my open window. Had fun at Trebah Gardens yesterday with the family. At the bottom of the gardens is a beach where we ate ice creams and collected sea glass. Today I may hop on a bus to Penzance. Am aware, as I write, that life is not so blithe for all; sending hugs to those suffering. Have the best day you can.

Beechnut Sun 12-Sep-21 06:27:08

Good Morning everyone from Severnside. It’s dry and getting light.

I set the alarm on a Sunday morning ?and have had my breakfast already. I want to make an early start and will meet up with Beechnutella.

Well done to your GD Ashcombe. My mum said no when I asked if I could have ballet lessons.

Have a good day all especially those with worries ??

Pittcity Sun 12-Sep-21 07:00:04

Good morning from a brightening Colchester.
I'm up early and still buzzing after watching the tennis final last night.

We are off to mind two DGS this morning while DD competes in a running event as DSiL is away this weekend.

Roast Pork this evening.

Love to all x

harrigran Sun 12-Sep-21 07:08:35

Good morning from a cooler NE.
The heating is on, probably what woke me at 6.15.
Unable to gather much information about DH, just one message from him where he told me he was tired, cold and hungry. FGS do they not feed people in hospital ?
BIL took a bag of essentials to the ward and included a fleece, he was able to hand it in at the ward door but not enter the ward.
DS and family and SIL are visiting this afternoon.

hollysteers Sun 12-Sep-21 07:15:41

Good morning Mick and all from a cloudy Lancashire coast.
This is early for me, but I’m off soon on my coach trip to Whitby. Sarnies, coffee etc all ready. Bad night’s sleep. Often have this when something is coming up the next day, but I also dropped off early evening watching a mediocre film from 1956 “Josephine and the Men”. Glynis Johns playing the 1950s little woman to the hilt, but I have always been sweet on Peter Finch.
I’m so sorry your husband was not comfortable “harrigran* and hope things improve. What a hard time for you.

Urmstongran Sun 12-Sep-21 07:16:17

Good morning everyone from Malaga where we have a forecast of 30°C, sunny with a light breeze. Again.
??

Himself is still snoozing. I’m sat on the balcony with my first cuppa of the day. It’s so quiet apart from the sound of the wood pigeons. I can smell the pine trees. A fishing boat is just gliding back to shore with the catch of the day.

Our friends who live in Bolton and own an apartment here in the block, arrived late last night for a fortnight. I can see their window is open. Doubtless we shall meet up at some stage which will be nice.

Himself has the Italian Grand Prix to watch this afternoon. Congratulations to the winner of the tennis last night. I don’t watch sport (any kind) and have even just Googled what a Grand Slam is!

Enjoy Sunday all who can. grandMattie you are constantly in my thoughts. x

ginny Sun 12-Sep-21 07:24:07

Good morning from our caravan , just outside Southampton. At the moment we have bright blue sky.
Today we are off to Portsmouth . We have a ‘passport’ ticket for the Docks so need to decide what we will look at .
Hoping you all have a good day and find a smile along the way.

Daisytwoshoes Sun 12-Sep-21 07:26:16

Morning mick and all
Just having my first cuppa of the day.it’s dry here in Somerset
Going to see DGS1 later as it’s his 7th birthday lots of fun and present opening to be had
hope cornergran is still improving and makes it home today
Thoughts to all who are feeling under the weather or have troubles ?

Nortsat Sun 12-Sep-21 07:51:14

Good morning Mick and the GM team from grey east London.

Haircut at 9.00 for me. I haven’t had my hair cut since November last year, having being shielding for so long and spells of being unwell. So it will be lovely to get it under control.

Our film night was interested. We watched Bobby and it was a good film ... partly a social commentary on the USA in 1968, interspersed with film clips of Kennedy. He spoke about ending the Vietnam war and uniting black and white Americans.
He was murdered just after winning the nomination to be the Democratic candidate in the 1969 Presidential election. Of course, Nixon went on to win that election and we all know how that turned out!
It’s well worth watching.

Roast pork for us today.

Hope your DH is more comfortable today harrigran.
Hope olddudders continues to improve.
Thinking of grandMattie.
Have a good day Good Morningers and good thoughts to those facing challenges today. ?

GrannyGravy13 Sun 12-Sep-21 07:54:08

Morning Mick and all

Final packing this morning for our trip to Norfolk, I wonder what The Imp will destroy whilst we are away (you need eyes in the back of your head for that one) his brother is an angel and loves staying here as his school is next door but one!

I hope your GD enjoys her Ballet Ashcombe

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

NanKate Sun 12-Sep-21 07:54:43

Good morning Mick and All.

Mild with the sun peaking through in South Bucks.

Do hope Oldudders is well enough to celebrate your WA in late October Ashcombe. We too will be celebrating our Golden WA in late October and will be going back to Stratford upon Avon for the weekend where we got married.

Alizarin I have wonderful memories of visiting Thebar Gardens, it had a feeling of the exotic.

Harrigran I’m so sorry your DH is having a difficult time, hopefully the warm fleece will give him some comfort.

brook2704 Sun 12-Sep-21 07:57:18

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s light grey cloud but at least it’s dry at the moment
Nothing planned yet for today, probably just a quiet day catching up on housework and I’ll maybe go for a local walk.
We watched the tennis last night, what a brilliant achievement by Emma Raducanu - such talent and composure at a young age, well done to her!
Hope everyone meeting up with family and friends today have a lovely time and take care all whatever the day brings ?

Nannagarra Sun 12-Sep-21 07:59:47

Good morning from the Sefton coast where it is cloudy and dry.
Today I’m minding DGdog. I might go for a swim but I’ll have to time it when DGD is not in the adjacent pool having her lesson. Yesterday there were far too many in the water for my liking so it was back to the sun lounger to top up the vit D.
What an awful time you and Mr H are having harrigran.
Take care everyone and have the best day you can.
? ? ?

monk08 Sun 12-Sep-21 08:00:36

Good morning all from the Black country, sunny start to the day. Quiet day today perhaps have a wander round local shops.
Roast lamb for dinner my favourite.
ginny we have friends in Portsmouth hoping to meet up with them early October enjoy your visit there.
Virtual hugs where needed and may you all find some ?.

Grandmajean Sun 12-Sep-21 08:11:36

Good morning all.
Dull here in Cheshire.
I wanted ballet lessons too, Beechnut but there was no money for luxuries. No doubt I would have been another Pavlova given the chancegrin Good luck to your GD *Ashcombe"
A better day to all who are suffering in any way. Special thoughts to Harrigran

Gingster Sun 12-Sep-21 08:20:42

Good morning all and it’s sunny here in Essex.

Yesterday eldest Gd took youngest gd to the Sea Life Centre in Southend, for her birthday treat. They came in here afterwards as the station is two minutes away, and part of the treat was the train journey. They’d had a great day and enjoyed being just the two of them.

The tennis last night was sensational. Both girls played their socks off, and what lovely girls they are. Fantastic role models.

Ashcombe well done to your gd. You must be very proud. ?.

GG have a lovely trip to Norfolk - those beaches are amazing.

Hollysteers enjoy Whitby. Never been but hear it’s lovely.

Ive just read Maureen Lipmans ordeal travelling on holiday to Malta. The documentation she had to access before and submit at the airport,take, problems and crowds at the airport, continual Covid tests etc etc. She headed her write up ‘I will never go abroad again’. I must admit I feel the same. Maybe a cruise but no airports for me.

Not much doing today, so will start a new book and walk the dog . Cook dinner and relax.

Wishing you all a gentle day.????

Nannytopsy Sun 12-Sep-21 08:25:07

Good morning Mick and all his followers. It’s sunny in Suffolk with a hazy blue sky. The granddog has just woken and come up to say good morning. She’s like us - she doesn’t do early!
Like Urms , I am listening to the wood pigeons with my first coffee. They are the sound of summer here.
We are meeting DS and family for a Chinese buffet lunch - another lazy day in the kitchen!
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

Grandmadinosaur Sun 12-Sep-21 08:27:05

Morning all. Another grey but warm one here.
We’ve got dgs here on a sleepover he was no trouble at all. He’s currently watching Paw Patrol as we await granddad coming down for breakfast. Scrambled egg and toast has been requested!

Much excitement with the tennis last night. A great match and both have great futures ahead. I haven’t followed the ladies game in recent years but my interest is back.
We are out to lunch later so an easy day.

Will catch up on threads later.
Wishing everyone a good day and take care all.

Gelisajams Sun 12-Sep-21 08:30:40

Good morning from a cloudy Morecambe Bay. I write that so often my predictive text is ready for it. We do get some nice weather occasionally.
We picked up our electric car yesterday. I drove it back from the garage as DH was driving the campa which I don’t like driving. I fell in love with it on the short home despite my headache. I had to remind myself not to get too attached to it as it’s on a 3 year lease, then it goes back to the manufacturer.
We will take it out later to show DS1.
We may get to see his daughter, our eldest DGD, who has been in hospital for the last 3 days having had surgery on an abscess. It must be nasty to keep her in so long these days. She’s finding it hard being in the ward as she isn’t allowed visitors of course. We had a long text chat with her last night. Hopefully she will be home today.
Hope Mr H is home soon too.
Take care everyone and stay safe ?

baubles Sun 12-Sep-21 08:33:04

Good morning Mick, morning all from South Lanarkshire. It’s a little overcast but may brighten up.

Granspal and I had a lovely day bimbling about yesterday, it was so good to just wander and blether, simple pleasures.

Harrigran how disgraceful that your poor DH is cold and hungry in a hospital ward in 2021!

I’ll take today as it comes, perhaps do a little baking as DH popped over to see DD yesterday while I was out and I’d asked him to take a fruit loaf and some sponge cake with him. I need to replenish the tins.

Thinking of those struggling with sadness or illness and wishing everyone a peaceful day. ??

Stilllearning Sun 12-Sep-21 08:40:35

Morning from a quiet S Lanarkshire. Sunday lunch at my second eldest DD’s which I’m looking forward to. DGD won a class prize at the end of last term and she was awarded it on Wednesday so it will be nice to be able to congratulate her in person, she’s a lovely girl.

Yesterday I did manageat last to select and get printed out, the family photos I want to hang in my garden room, so not a wasted day which was quite satisfying.

Wishing everyone a good Sunday and better health to those who need it ???

Anniebach Sun 12-Sep-21 08:42:34

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

LauraNorder Sun 12-Sep-21 08:48:59

Good morning Mick and all from the Isle of Anglesey where it’s still warm and dry but a bit overcast.
Exciting evening of tennis, two amazing young women.
Hope your husband had a better night Harrigran and that his temperature has come down.
Nice news about your granddaughter Ash, speaking of dancing, I was blown away by the photos of Annapops granddaughter yesterday morning.
My thoughts are with grandMattie, just can’t imagine…
Take care all ?