Gransnet forums

Chat

Senior moment.

(98 Posts)
Santana Mon 13-Sep-21 13:36:30

Today I was convinced my foot was swollen when putting on the same shoes I had worn yesterday.
I had bother insoles in one shoe.
Come on, own up, what daft things have you done?

felice Mon 13-Sep-21 14:02:34

Not exactly a senior moment, but DGS was fiddling around with his shoes at Church yesterday, we were on door duty so it was a bit annoying.
Eventually he sat down and discovered he had 3 socks on one foot and 2 on the other duh.......
He had been futtering around while we were getting dressed and not paying attention. He is 9 so will be hearing about it for a while.

Georgesgran Mon 13-Sep-21 16:40:59

Firstly let me say I’ve a stinker of a cold - my excuse anyway.
I’d finally got dressed yesterday and went to buy milk, when something fell on the floor out of my trouser leg - my knickers from whatever day I’d previously worn the trousers.
Hope I was quick enough to pick them and pocket.

AGAA4 Mon 13-Sep-21 16:45:22

I sometimes put a roller in my side fringe to give it a bit of body.
Walking along the high street one day I was embarrassed to see my reflection in a shop window with the roller still in place.

theworriedwell Mon 13-Sep-21 16:49:32

I think the messiest moment for me was emptying a tin of kidney beans into a sieve to drain them as I walked across the kitchen to the sink. I left a lovely mess that was delightful to clean up. If only I'd waited till I got to the sink.

LauraNorder Mon 13-Sep-21 16:49:36

I’ve done that more than once Georgesgran ?

theworriedwell Mon 13-Sep-21 16:50:26

Georgesgran

I’d finally got dressed yesterday and went to buy milk, when something fell on the floor out of my trouser leg - my knickers from whatever day I’d previously worn the trousers.

Oh no, that made me laugh. I ope you were quick enough.

kittylester Mon 13-Sep-21 16:53:59

Georgesgran

I did that in the gp's waiting room. Xx

nadateturbe Mon 13-Sep-21 18:36:02

I put olive oil in my eyes instead of my eye drops. Then went to a hospital appointment where I complained about the department being called Care of the Elderly when 65 wasn't really old. Then had to own up that my sight wasn't great today because. .....blush

Soroptimum Mon 13-Sep-21 18:43:14

Opened the Dyson to empty it before I opened the bin lid.

Shelbel Mon 13-Sep-21 18:47:16

I dont have any really funny ones but I do keep putting things in the fridge to heat them up. The microwave is next to it.

3dognight Mon 13-Sep-21 19:06:38

Looking for glasses all over the house, then realising that they are on top of my head.

Going to a cafe and having a coffee with a Barlson? Biscuit, dipped it in my coffee, left it in too long and dropped it all down my front ( pale dress) and DIDNT notice till I got home. That was bad.

Also had the yesterday’s pants coming out of the bottom of my trousers, also things that have been tumble dried with pants or socks can disclose them at in opportune moment (at least they are clean!).

Witzend Mon 13-Sep-21 19:14:03

Twice in the past few days I’ve gone mad looking for my glasses when I was actually wearing them. I am evidently doomed!

welbeck Mon 13-Sep-21 21:18:03

making a cup of tea, having used the milk, trying to return the green milk bottle top on to: the cup of tea, the kettle, the wall socket !
all these have happened in last few weeks.
but strangely only when in neighbour's house, whom i help a bit. is the universe speaking ?
maybe i'm in the wrong place...

Shinamae Mon 13-Sep-21 21:20:35

Looking for my phone when I am actually on it, seriously ?‍♀️?‍♀️

V3ra Mon 13-Sep-21 21:26:06

My husband was making scrambled eggs. I distracted him by showing him something on my phone.
As he turned to look he cracked the egg he was holding into the rubbish bin instead of the pyrex jug ?
Boy was he mad with himself! ?

Witzend Mon 13-Sep-21 21:48:16

Thought I’d posted this already!
Twice in the past few days I’ve gone mad looking for my glasses - when I was actually wearing them, not on my head. I’m evidently doomed!

V3ra Mon 13-Sep-21 22:01:04

Witzend

Twice in the past few days I’ve gone mad looking for my glasses when I was actually wearing them. I am evidently doomed!

Witzend you did indeed post this already, at 19:14

Definitely doomed ?

VioletSky Mon 13-Sep-21 22:01:10

Georgesgran

I have also done this.

One of my old colleagues from back then came in with a paif of his mums lacy knickers stuck to the back of his trousers by drier static.

Most recently I found the phone in the fridge.

I always jump when the toaster pops or the oven bell goes off even though I'm waiting for it.

Borrheid55 Mon 13-Sep-21 22:17:20

I put a pie in my combination oven earlier this evening using it as a convection rather than a microwave. Unfortunately I covered the pie with a plastic lid! Fortunately, I saw it in time and only lost the - now partly melted- lid!
I’m definitely showing signs of stress since my panic attack last Thursday. ?

Nell8 Mon 13-Sep-21 22:38:26

Dialling a phone number on the TV remote control.

Teacheranne Mon 13-Sep-21 22:41:54

I’d used my frying pan to cook a pork chop for tea and as I knew I’d be using it again the next day I decided to just wipe it with kitchen towel and store in the oven to keep the smells down. I left my new metal and silicon tongs in it as well. Yes, you’re right, the next day I was baking a cake, put the oven on to heat it up and melted the silicon part of the tongs. I finally worked out what the smell was, grabbed my new oven gloves, took out the frying pan and tongs but then ended up with bright orange blobs of melted plastic all over my new oven gloves! Luckily the frying pan was good quality stainless steel and was fine!

Llamedos13 Tue 14-Sep-21 03:44:23

Returned the carton of ice cream to the kitchen cupboard instead of the freezer.That was quite the mess next morning.

Helen657 Tue 14-Sep-21 10:26:49

Oh if ever a post said it all its this one, thanks for the giggle - however I’m glad it’s not just me!
I regularly stumble around the house at the end of the work day wondering what’s wrong with my eyes only to realise I’ve still got my computer glasses on and need to swap back to my varifocals! It can be anything between 1 and 30 minutes before I work it out!

Helen657 Tue 14-Sep-21 10:28:21

Sorry, I was supposed to have quoted Witzend and V3ra there!!