Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday 15th September 2021

(71 Posts)
Michael12 Wed 15-Sep-21 06:03:09

Good Morning Everyone,
Still Dark here in Brackley but its dry at the moment , did my usual yesterday .
Today a quiet day in expecting a parcel delivery by the Royal mail , getting a new BT box , as I have had to renew , or loose channels in a few months time like Eurosport .
But we will see .
Take Care,
Mick

Urmstongran Wed 15-Sep-21 09:43:40

And mancgirl, * Pantglas*, LauraNorder, amselerin, Maw and sadly, possibly never to return, our gillybob. What a roll call of missing posters when added to those mentioned above by fatgran. This thread is much diminished without their input. I miss you all. I liked it when you all used to post. (I hope they are all reading).

aggie Wed 15-Sep-21 09:53:48

Urmstongran ??

ixion Wed 15-Sep-21 09:56:05

Thinking always of Grandmattie and family, especially on this sad visit.
?

Nannytopsy Wed 15-Sep-21 10:06:26

Good morning Mick and all his followers. You are all so right about the missing posters.
It is a mix of clouds and sunshine this morning in Suffolk but so much better than yesterday. The fence men are back at work after they were rained off yesterday. Once I am dressed I shall take the granddog for our last walk before we meet DD & DSIL at the services near to Stanstead. She always goes mad when she sees them and this is one of her longer visits.
Our gardening club restarts tonight and the speaker has cried off with Covid. DH was due to give the January talk, so he has moved up the calendar. It’s a good job he’s used to it!
Happy Anniversary to the Monks and love to GM and family.
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

Dogsmakemesmile Wed 15-Sep-21 10:14:02

Thoughts to GrandMattie.
Grey but sunshine appearing here in Scottish Borders. Going to crack on with admin and I admit present buying for that day in December. Just for the grandchildren. Tidied out two cupboards yesterday in kitchen. Almost a carrier bag of out of date stuff. Going to try to do ten minutes physio exercises every hour. Wishing everyone a gentle day.

NannyJan53 Wed 15-Sep-21 10:23:35

Good morning from a cloudy Birmingham where we stayed overnight after a Steve Hackett gig (Genesis fame). Just having breakfast before taking train home. Lovely to have some normality back.

I caught up on reading all your news after my week away. grandMattie just stunned and so sad to hear your tragic news, no words can express how I feel for you and your family flowers

gillgran Wed 15-Sep-21 10:56:34

Good Morning to you all from a bright, dry Cambs.,
I know we needed rain for the gardens, but yesterday it didn't stop!!

Caring thoughts for grandMattie at this very sad time for you & your family.

Also thinking of harrigran & your DH, hope you both soon feel better.

Warm wishes to all. flowers

Ashcombe Wed 15-Sep-21 11:16:03

Missing Bellasnana in Malta, too. ?

grandMattie Wed 15-Sep-21 11:19:48

And EllanVannin together with Taichinan, are also missing…

Sar53 Wed 15-Sep-21 11:47:22

Good morning, just, from Essex by the sea where it is cloudy.

Thinking of you GM and your family today. Lots of love xx

I had an upsetting afternoon yesterday when I enquired about the health of a neighbour and she accused me of all sorts. I really don't know what it was all about but she was so angry and nasty. All I can put it down to is that she was upset about something else and took it out on me.

I have spoken to another neighbour this morning and apparently she was ranting and raving to her too.

I have done the ironing and some admin so far today.

Will do some crafting this afternoon.

Enjoy the rest of the day everyone xxx

Auntieflo Wed 15-Sep-21 12:14:28

Good (late) morning, Mick, Annie, and all.
Have had a couple if disturbed nights recently, and that's not like me. I can usually sleep for England.
My thoughts are with GrandMattie and her family today.

Beechnut Wed 15-Sep-21 12:26:40

Happy Anniversary monk and Mrmonk ?

Blossoming Wed 15-Sep-21 12:40:53

Back from the GP surgery, BP is a magnificent 122 / 78, more blood tests mid-October.

Happy Anniversary to the Monks

Thinking of grandMattie and family on such a difficult day, hope you find comfort in each other.

Hope you have a better day harrigran.

Hope the café is a success GrannySomerset you deserve all the help you can get.

NanKate my physio says “little and often” is the way to go, especially vwhen re-learning muscle memory.

The sun is shining so I may leave the cupboards and spend a little time in the garden. ???

Nannagarra Wed 15-Sep-21 12:57:46

A difficult day for you grandMattie. You remain in my thoughts. ?

Mapleleaf Wed 15-Sep-21 17:52:40

? grandMattie

Will try and post tomorrow if I get the chance. Take care everyone. Hope you and Mr monk have had a good day today, monk ?

NanKate Wed 15-Sep-21 19:28:47

Urm I don’t think Gillybob will return. She didn’t reply to my last email so I am not pushing her.

Yes a number of our regular posters are missing. I know for certain one of my favourites has been hounded off by bullies. What a sad state of affairs.

Blossoming Wed 15-Sep-21 19:48:58

NanKate my physio says “little and often” is the way to go, especially vwhen re-learning muscle memory.

I am a scatter brain! This comment was in response to dogsmakemesmile, so sorry for any confusion.

NanKate Wed 15-Sep-21 21:22:40

No problem. ?

NannyG4 Wed 15-Sep-21 22:26:12

I'm an observer.... but just wanted to send my love to Grandmattie... I can't imagine how you must be feeling.
I also live in Kent.
God Bless you and your family.

fatgran57 Wed 15-Sep-21 23:45:20

Yes NanKate a very sad state of affairs and gransnet will do nothing to prevent it.