Gransnet forums

Chat

DVLA

(32 Posts)
silversurf Thu 16-Sep-21 20:37:04

My son sent off for a replacement HGV and driving licence on 4 July 2021. He’s just received it today 16 September. That’s 10 weeks and 5 days.
That is not reasonable. They don’t answer their phones or e mails.
What would happen if he been asked to produce his licence for a job or police?
Are the police able to contact the DVLA?

Cp43 Sun 19-Sep-21 16:53:15

We e just moved house my husband and i both completed DVLA On-Line form chopped up license and sent back in separate envelopes as instructed. I teceived my new updated inevwithin 2 days but 3 weeks on and no sign of hubby’s! Cant phone or contact anyone at DVLA their tracking says it is waiting for a form but god knows which form,!
Don’t know what to do .

Teacheranne Sun 19-Sep-21 17:02:07

Cp43

We e just moved house my husband and i both completed DVLA On-Line form chopped up license and sent back in separate envelopes as instructed. I teceived my new updated inevwithin 2 days but 3 weeks on and no sign of hubby’s! Cant phone or contact anyone at DVLA their tracking says it is waiting for a form but god knows which form,!
Don’t know what to do .

When I renewed my driving licence online, the instructions were not to send in the old licence until I had received my new one and checked that it was accurate. I forgot to send it back though as I didn’t have a stamp at the time and it ended up in my bits and bobs drawer - ie lost forever!

MamaCaz Sun 19-Sep-21 17:26:39

I read something very recently (within the last few weeks) about the huge backlog in driving licence renewals.

Unfortunately, I can't remember where I read it, or even the underlying causes, but unless I am very much mistaken, it said that having put in your application, you can carry on driving for up to 12 months after the expiry date of the old one, but that some people have now been waiting so long that those twelve months are almost up!

If that's the case, and going by what people on here have experienced, it seems to be something of a lottery.

Misha14 Tue 21-Sep-21 08:23:22

Sent off the application for my renewal, over 70, driving license on 17th August. Nothing so far. I tried to do it on line three times, sending off the required info from my passport. Each time I was told the passport office did not recognise my details. In spite of having sent me a new passport pre-covid. So now I am waiting like so many other people and waiting and ...

Megs36 Tue 21-Sep-21 10:24:07

Everything you seem to touch is delayed . I sent 2 LPA documents to Public Guardian mid August , cheques were cleared within a week but no return of paperwork, telephoned last week, recorded message told me many are WH and could be 20 weeks…..

Kimi64 Tue 21-Sep-21 11:54:32

I think people just have to be more patient in general ,moaning about silly trivial things when there are so many devastating things happening in the world .Have patience with workers in all areas who have worked through Covid and are still understaffed.