Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 17th September 2021

(64 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 17-Sep-21 06:10:48

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry here in brackley this morning , plans for the day after a local shop is to stay in .
I did get my Eurosport channels back when it was reloaded .
Anyway the new deal I am on will be interesting with BT as to how much will I save a month ,and keep below there estimated amount.
Take Care,
Mick

Grandmajean Fri 17-Sep-21 07:57:52

My Goodness - so many Gransnetters with worries this morning. I am always impressed by the courage and ability of you to "get on and cope"
Love the cats Ashcombe
Child care after school today. Macaroni cheese at request of GS.
The sun ? is shining here in Cheshire.
Thinking of the troubled and sad Goodmorningsters - especially GrandMattie

Sar53 Fri 17-Sep-21 08:02:37

I'm sorry to hear about your DGD Scentia, how worrying for you but glad she is home and doing well. Enjoy your holiday.

Best wishes to Grandmadinosaur's DIL, hope all goes well.

baubles Fri 17-Sep-21 08:09:29

Good morning Mick, morning all from South Lanarkshire where it is cloudy but dry.

The photos are of Holyrood Park bathed in sunshine yesterday.

Last day for a while at the charity shop. It could be several weeks until they recruit and train a new manager, such a shame they don’t have assistant managers who could keep the doors open.

Good to hear that OD is recovering Ash

Sending you a hug gMattie.

What a frightening day for you Scentia, I hope the little one gets well soon.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day. Happy Friday.

NannyJan53 Fri 17-Sep-21 08:35:38

Good morning from a cloudy Black Country.

A busy day yesterday. Hair cut and highlighted. Then spent an hour letting DD's Lab out for an hour as SIL would be home later than usual. Then a lovely walk in the afternoon at the local park with friends, and then a coffee stop in the cafe, where the sun was really quite hot!

Today I am off to Mums, and we will go out for lunch, then have been asked to pick up DGD4 from after school club at 4pm.

I hope your DGD is ok now Scentia. such a worrying day for you.

flowers *grandMattie

Anniebach Fri 17-Sep-21 08:36:11

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Stilllearning Fri 17-Sep-21 08:36:40

Another Morning from S Lanarkshire, sky very heavy here.

Lovely pictures Ash, I’ve hardly seen any butterflies this summer. And what a surprising snap Alizarin, I really chuckled when I saw it!

Very glad your visit to A&E ended well Scentia, you must have been terrified, you obviously handled the situation really well as your wee toddler remained calm.

The show I went to last night was really good, all amateurs including the orchestra, Glasgow based but with members from across central and southern Scotland, and three professional soloists. Songs from the movies and a really joyful occasion which was really appreciated by everyone there.

Sadly another show which should have started a three night run last evening in Motherwell Concert Hall, again from a really wonderful amateur group here, all young people who have worked very hard, was cancelled two hours before opening, due of course to Covid.

Wishing everyone a good day and sending special love to grandMattie this morning ???

Greyduster Fri 17-Sep-21 08:42:33

Good morning Michael and all GNs from a misty South Yorkshire. A dry day is forecast so gardening is on the agenda, but before that we have to do some food shopping as the cupboard is bare. Meat and potato pie for tea.
Have a good day, one and all.

ginny Fri 17-Sep-21 08:47:43

Good morning all from a bright and sunny Hampshire.
We had another good day at the historic dockyards in Portsmouth yesterday.
Today , we are heading to the New Forest area.
Hope all the poorly DGC are soon recovered and anyone else who is under par in any way.

Elizabeth1 Fri 17-Sep-21 08:48:17

Hi everyone something very odd is taking place with my postings they seem to disappear and they won’t let me preview eh what’s happening here can anyone tell me?

the gremlins are out.confused

BlueSapphire Fri 17-Sep-21 08:59:36

Good morning everyone from a cloudy Northampton, and even as I write the sun is breaking through.

I did not have the DGDs last night as expected as DS had a message to say their London show had been cancelled due to Covid. They have another date for it next month. Instead we all went out for a meal which was lovely. The Bolognese I had prepared for dinner is now split between the fridge and the freezer. I am still expecting the girls after school today though, as DS and partner are having a weekend away in York, so it will be spag bol this evening instead.

grandMattie flowersflowers

Hoping that those with worries soon find them eased.

Blossoming Fri 17-Sep-21 09:04:17

Good morning Mick and all. Light cloud here in Lancashire. Temperature currently 14°C.

Today Mr. B and I are off to Conder Green to walk part of the coastal path.

Welcome to any new posters. Best wishes to anyone celebrating and virtual hugs to anybody suffering. Wishing a safe journey to anybody traveling.

Have the best day possible. ????

aggie Fri 17-Sep-21 09:12:34

Good morning all, it’s been a wet night and still raining
Yesterday turned out to be a bit busier than expected, I took the tomato plants out of the mini greenhouse and cleared round the cucumber plant (some fruits still on it)
I seem to have an overproduction of chilli peppers , I never use them but DD uses some , I might stick some in the freezer ,
The sweet peppers are really odd , very long and thin , not like the picture on the packet , not sure if I should leave them to see if they turn red
Then I weeded my wee raised bed round the patio , I might have been a bit too enthusiastic there ! It’s a bit baldy looking this morning !
DD has been away for a fortnight, not due back till next week , I wonder what havoc I can wreak in the meantime!

aggie Fri 17-Sep-21 09:14:44

Speaking of baldy , this place is very lacking in our more newsy and well loved posters , just saying ………

hollysteers Fri 17-Sep-21 09:24:40

Good morning Mick and all from a sunny Suet on Sea Lancashire coast. Off soon to art group. Don’t feel like it at all, but usually get into it when started (like most things)
Nice coffee with friend yesterday who is suffering from a bad shoulder and cannot play the piano, she teaches etc. With my back and her shoulder we compared our ailments.
My son, staying, added tasty bits to my roast chicken and serves me an enormous portion, far more than I would usually eat, but I managed it.
Wonderful programme recorded from sky arts last night about Thomas Hardy and beautiful photography of the Dorset countryside. Don’t know what I am doing at the seaside, those are the surroundings I would really like.
Enjoy your telly Mick and thoughts to grandmattie harrigran and anyone with worries.

fatgran57 Fri 17-Sep-21 09:43:57

Good evening from Tasmania. Love to you grandMattie I am so glad so many of us are here for you.

Just a few photos of my garden.

Thinking of all with sadness or health problems

Urmstongran Fri 17-Sep-21 09:52:33

Oh I do hope your comment isn’t taken as a dig at any of our missing posters fatgran. Obviously all of us on here wish to support grandMattie as best we can, but that doesn’t mean those not contributing at present don’t care equally. They’re just not here at present to say so.

Alizarin Fri 17-Sep-21 09:52:40

Love the watering cans fatgran.

Urmstongran Fri 17-Sep-21 09:54:26

I love the watering cans too! Such a quirky garden idea.
?

MayBeMaw Fri 17-Sep-21 09:58:32

Urmstongran

Oh I do hope your comment isn’t taken as a dig at any of our missing posters fatgran. Obviously all of us on here wish to support grandMattie as best we can, but that doesn’t mean those not contributing at present don’t care equally. They’re just not here at present to say so.

And indeed they may be in touch with Grandmattie and have expressed their condolences privately Urmstongran ?

LauraNorder Fri 17-Sep-21 10:16:15

Good morning Mick and all from windy but dry Anglesey.
Good luck Dragonfly with the Nordic walking. Is that the one with long poles?
What a horrid experience for you Scentia, glad that all’s well that ends well.
Hope your daughter-in-law is ok Grandmadinosaur.
Have to agree with the rest grandMattie your courage is indeed inspirational. It must have been a great source of comfort having your daughter to yourself albeit for just a few days.
Love the watering cans fatgran, I had similar when I lived in France and painted flowers all over them all. Looked colourful all year that way.
Great pic of the nosy pedestrian Alizarin.
Wishing all gransnetters, whether posting or not, the best day you can manage ?

LauraNorder Fri 17-Sep-21 10:22:23

I’m sure fatgran only meant that it was nice generally that all the gransnetters are here for grandMattie whether posting or not. I agree with her.
Many of us haven’t sent personal messages because grandMattie asked us to respect her privacy. Although I’m sure everyone has meant well either way.

Auntieflo Fri 17-Sep-21 10:24:27

Good morning Mick, Annie, Marydoll and all.
It is a beautiful sunny day here, and yesterday was warm and lovely as well.
I have managed a couple of quick potters in the garden , and ached afterwards, but it was worth it.
Yesterday I had a telephone call from my GP and he asked if I could be at the surgery for 10.00 am. I told him that I'd better get a wiggle on, which seemed to amuse him. Anyway, while I was there I mentioned the Flu Jabs, and having to book. He shot out of his seat, came back with one of the phials and gave me the jab there and then. Service with a smile. They are such a lovely lot at our surgery.
Today a friend is coming for lunch, and I have made Butter Bean and Pesto Soup, one of my favourites.
My knitting for a friend is coming on well, and at the moment, all is well with my world.
Sending love and hugs to GrandMattie, and all who need a bit of TLC.
Have a good day one and all.

MayBeMaw Fri 17-Sep-21 10:26:03

Absolutely Lauranorder - of course “privately” does not necessarily mean by PM.

Dogsmakemesmile Fri 17-Sep-21 10:31:42

Good morning everyone. Thank you for posting GrandMattie despite your deep loss. Scentia I hope you are recovering from yesterday. Grey but dry here and I am focussing on the dry. In the last few months I have realise how vital it is to seize the smallest of positives and squeeze out as much joy as possible. My DDs still in isolation but will soon be out. I have found it hard to not rush round and "do something" for DD1. I have enjoyed rustling up meals on a tray for DD2 which DH puts outside her door. So far have done a wash, cleaned bathroom, made a curry for tea and some flapjacks for whenever. Ddog given oatcake as substitute. Physio calls. My best wishes to everyone.

EkwaNimitee Fri 17-Sep-21 10:58:15

Good morning Mick and everyone from sunny Carlisle. Some good pet photos this morning to admire.
My brother has rung me, very upset, to tell me his best friend has unexpectedly died. He went over for lunch yesterday and, distressingly for him, found her dead on the settee in front of the tv. She had a life limiting heart condition but we all expected she would go on for a few years yet. He's quite an introverted guy and she got him out and about so I think he's going to be feeling rather lost. She was a kind generous fun woman and I'm sorry she lived at the other end of the country so we couldn't meet up very often.