Gransnet forums

Chat

I’m going to learn to….

(33 Posts)
Bluebellwould Fri 17-Sep-21 17:37:46

Play the harmonica! Or am I completely nuts. I’m a rather breathless person, live on my own and in danger of losing brain capacity so I thought I should do something fun and try and get healthier and exercise brain. What do you think? What fun thing would you like to do? Anything at all either fun or serious, I’m really interested in what others are doing.

ElderlyPerson Fri 17-Sep-21 23:26:41

LtEve

Dance. I’ve just moved and have seen dance classes advertised that don’t require a partner. DH hates dancing and I never learnt as a child due to very religious parents. Have always wanted to.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBCOkQ8me_M

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYIQL0np5mI

There are slower gentler ones too! smile

MarinaL Sat 18-Sep-21 00:05:35

Crochet just defeats me but I have learned to make collector teddy bears thanks to a U3a class, also taught myself to play the keyboard.

JackyB Sat 18-Sep-21 08:26:25

I have picked up Polish again in lockdown, but I can't think of anything new I'd like to start. I just wish I could do the things I already have a good grasp of better, such as sewing, knitting, baking, flower arranging. My sister is brilliant at anything she tries, intuitively, without being taught

Newquay Sat 18-Sep-21 08:35:39

I would love to be able to swim better, ride a bike, speak Italian/German/Spanish, play the piano better.
Sigh!

ElderlyPerson Sat 18-Sep-21 10:24:23

JackyB

I have picked up Polish again in lockdown, but I can't think of anything new I'd like to start. I just wish I could do the things I already have a good grasp of better, such as sewing, knitting, baking, flower arranging. My sister is brilliant at anything she tries, intuitively, without being taught

Could you possibly say what it means when the man sings a few words in what may be Polish please?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBCOkQ8me_M

henetha Sat 18-Sep-21 10:27:58

I fancy ballet dancing classes. I think there is such a thing as ballet for oldies, hopefully?

Witzend Sat 18-Sep-21 10:49:29

Finally learn to play (properly polished) a couple of favourite piano pieces.
I’ve been setting myself that task for a couple of years, though, and still haven’t done it. Sadly lacking in enough self-discipline for diligent daily practice. They’re not even that hard, so it’s doubly remiss of me to have failed to achieve it.