Gransnet forums

Chat

Anyone else awake? ?

(274 Posts)
FannyCornforth Sun 19-Sep-21 04:23:20

Just that.
Fancy a chat? smilebrew

Mollygo Sun 19-Sep-21 08:25:54

I was awake at 4 but spent an hour in the very wet garden with the dog, made tea and went back to bed without even looking at my phone-unusual but I was exhausted.

FannyCornforth Sun 19-Sep-21 08:33:17

Hi Molly why did you have to spend an hour outside with the dog?
Jean they’re horrible aren’t they! I also have ones where I’m using an unfamiliar phone, and the numbers are in a strange order, or you can’t make the numbers out. I’ve even had one where the phone was too high up to reach shock

nadateturbe Sun 19-Sep-21 09:04:07

Fanny I get those lottery emails too and wait excitedly until morning. And I know it will be a small win but I still hope. I don't do the lotto (think thats the name) because I couldn't cope with a big win. I do Thunderball.
Recently I actually won £60. So I reinvested it by doing multiple attempts in one night until it was used up. Still didn't win. My apartment in Florence will have to wait.

Mollygo Sun 19-Sep-21 09:10:11

FC, because she’s enthusiastic-maybe the smells are more interesting when it’s dark.??

FannyCornforth Sun 19-Sep-21 09:10:58

Nadateturbe I feel exactly like that about big wins! DH often asks me to buy tickets the Euromillions one, and I say that I’ve done it when I haven’t blush
I couldn’t cope with 33 million or what have you.
I’ve always said that there should be more, smaller prizes. Much more ethical.

FannyCornforth Sun 19-Sep-21 09:13:51

Molly mine can be a damn nuisance at night. She calming down a bit now (she’s seven, so she should be!)
She was at her worst last year when she discovered the hedgehogs.
Did you know that hedgehogs quack? (That’s a rhetorical question / fun fact for a Sunday morning smile)

nadateturbe Sun 19-Sep-21 10:43:45

Totally agree with your last post FannyCornforth.

DH often asks me to buy tickets the Euromillions one, and I say that I’ve done it when I haven’t. Oh, that is very bad! grin

Blossoming Sun 19-Sep-21 11:21:35

We have hedgehogs living in the garden.

FannyCornforth Sun 19-Sep-21 11:28:51

Blossoming have you heard them quack yet?

Hellogirl1 Sun 19-Sep-21 13:56:03

I was awake, but not in the mood for coming on here. I fell out of bed, had to press my Lifeline pendant, they called daughter 2, she came with her hubby. I felt so guilty at getting them out of bed in the middle of the night, but once down I can`t get back up.

FannyCornforth Sun 19-Sep-21 13:59:11

Hellogirl oh no! Are you okay now? You must be very shaken. thanks
Don’t feel guilty. Do they live near to you?

Blossoming Sun 19-Sep-21 14:32:53

No quacking FannyC, I think that’s a distress call and Mr. B makes sure there’s plenty of bedding, food and water available. The wildlife camera captured a couple of videos but I don’t think Gransnet lets me post video clips.

FannyCornforth Sun 19-Sep-21 14:41:49

Oh I didn’t know that. I only heard it once, from under the laurels where they live.
I couldn’t understand what it was, but then the next day I randomly came across something on the net mentioning it.
I’m not putting any food down, as we could be prone to rats, and we’ve got loads of slugs for them.
That’s a shame you can’t put the video on here ?

JaneJudge Sun 19-Sep-21 14:47:32

I'm having really weird dreams atm. First dream, I was best friends with Amy Winehouse but she didn't want to be friends with me because she said I drank too much beer. Second dream, I was taken to the dentist by my support worker who was Josh Widdecombe

Blossoming Sun 19-Sep-21 15:35:58

We don’t feed all year round, but the youngsters need to be putting on weight now ready for winter. Never seen any rats nearby or on the cameras but you’re right, it’s something to be aware of when deciding how much to feed and where to place it. Food shouldn’t be left down all the time.

Hellogirl1 Sun 19-Sep-21 21:00:47

I`m fine Fanny, thank you, just a bit stiffer and achier than usual. My daughter and SIL are a 5 minute drive away.

FannyCornforth Tue 21-Sep-21 03:39:56

Hello-ooo! Anyone awake? ?

Hetty58 Tue 21-Sep-21 03:47:50

Wide awake. I had a longish nap yesterday, after (too much) lunch and don't need much sleep anyway.

FannyCornforth Tue 21-Sep-21 03:52:51

Hi Hetty! Will you be getting up or going back to sleep?

Hetty58 Tue 21-Sep-21 03:54:53

I think I'll just stay awake - unless I feel sleepy. I'm usually up by five, as the dog tends to need a wee so I have to trudge around the garden with her.

FannyCornforth Tue 21-Sep-21 03:54:56

I’ve just made a cup of tea, taken my tablets, and will be hoping to get to sleep in a bit.
I had a terrible day yesterday.
Really tired, couldn’t stop crying! Feel much, much better now, thank goodness

FannyCornforth Tue 21-Sep-21 03:55:48

It’s funny how many of us go out with our dogs!
Mollygo posted about it upthread

FannyCornforth Tue 21-Sep-21 03:56:39

I used to be an early riser, but my routine has been up the spout for ages now

Hetty58 Tue 21-Sep-21 03:57:15

I've watched some catch-up tv, had tea and toast, and emptied the dishwasher. There's not much else to do at this time of day - except more tea and knitting!

Hetty58 Tue 21-Sep-21 03:59:50

I wonder what the neighbours think of me, out in my dressing gown and garden clogs? I can't just let her out to bark until about 7.30