Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday 19th September 2021

(40 Posts)
Michael12 Sun 19-Sep-21 06:03:48

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry outside here in brackley this morning, I did my usual yesterday to Buckingham & Bicester , roads busy diversions due to work on the "Boris Line" HS2 , even locally small constructors villages are expanding.
Today , an easy day in , cycling on later which is nice will watch Eurosport coverage as to BBC coverage.
Take Care,
Mick

Dogsmakemesmile Sun 19-Sep-21 10:42:33

Good morning everyone. Dull but dry in the Scottish Borders. Cleaning day ahead. Wash on and will hang out soon. Soup made.
Listening to the Archers. Ddog sleeping through it. He's never bought into the whole Ambridge thing.
Best wishes for a good day. Thinking of those that struggle.

Stilllearning Sun 19-Sep-21 10:30:47

A late good morning from S Lanarkshire, I slept on this morning after reading late. First task is to empty the bucket which is catching the water from the down pipe from the roof of my garden room. I need a drain dug for it but haven’t managed to get that done yet so given the amount of rain we have, I am starting each day ( and several times during the day) to the strains of ‘There’s a hole in my bucket dear Liza’

Online mass this morning and long phone call with coffee with a friend scheduled for this afternoon.

As ever wishing a good day to all ???

Blossoming Sun 19-Sep-21 10:26:24

Good morning Mick and all. A lovely sunny morning here in Lancashire. Temperature currently 16°C.

Some time in the garden planned for today.

Welcome to any new posters. Best wishes to anyone celebrating and virtual hugs to anybody suffering. Wishing a safe journey to anybody traveling.

Have the best day possible. ???

Grammaretto Sun 19-Sep-21 10:18:24

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders.
There was rain in the night but it's dry now.
A little clearing up after the wedding yesterday but it's mostly done. I have to pull ivy off the marquee poles! Strange the things we do in our lives.

Your family day sounds wonderful Maw.
I enjoy reading your news, apart from the poorly DB and the parking fine it is very upbeat.
You mostly sound so energetic and brave. Thinking of grandMattie

Gwenisgreat1 Sun 19-Sep-21 09:47:58

Good Morning all from grey Harrogate - let's see if it's 2nd time lucky!!
Travelled back yesterday from Llandudno, I was shocked at the roadworks in England, converting the motorways to 'smart' motorways - thought they had already been proved dangerous!
I shall have to see if I can finally post some photographs, but don't hold your breath. No can do!
We had such lovely weather which wasn't really expected. My daughters supervised the arrival and installation of a new dishwasher, so now have to study how to use it!
I'm sorry your DH is so poorly Harrigran hope he feels better soon. Nice to see you back GrandMattie
Enjoy the baby Maw nice to have a new family member!
Have the best day you can, folks!
I shall have to come back and read all todays posts

EkwaNimitee Sun 19-Sep-21 09:41:11

Good morning Mick and everyone from Carlisle. I woke to a grey wet day then the sun came out and now it's getting dark and threatening to rain again. That may well be the story of the rest of the day. So no gardening I think but a day of gentle pottering and possibly a bit of picture hanging, The small one I put up last week is still there...
I hope you and your DH have a better week ahead, harrigran, the last one seems to have been a tough one.
Wishing all a pleasant day and a bit of sun.

hollysteers Sun 19-Sep-21 09:34:55

Good morning Mick and all from a bright Lancashire coast.
My DD is moving to a new flat in the south today and though I can’t be with her in the flesh, I am with her in the spirit.
I am going to stew some of my plums for the freezer and make smoothies, I don’t want to waste them.
I put some pop music on last night and danced about in the hope the exercise might help my bad back. We’ll see. Too many of my activities are sedentary.
Hope you have a good day and thoughts to the troubled.

Georgesgran Sun 19-Sep-21 09:13:26

Good morning from Durham where it’s overcast but still warm. I’ve been a bit under the weather recently but on the mend now. Going to see DGS1 later - he was away for his 4th birthday last week, but I was too poorly to go. I’ll also pop in and see DGS2 as he lives nearby – again I haven’t seen him for over a week.
I hope the Harris have a better day - I’ve had similar experiences - it’s not easy.
I definitely need to find my get up and go next week, as jobs are piling up and days are getting shorter. Have the best day you can folks. X

dragonfly46 Sun 19-Sep-21 09:09:01

Good morning from overcast Leicestershire.

After a wonderful nights sleep I have just woken up.

We found a lovely new cafe yesterday in the next village and sat outside as it was wall to wall blue sky. I hope it doesn’t rain this afternoon as I go for a walk with my recently widowed friend on Sundays as she finds this the hardest day.

That is wonderful news about your brother kitty.
I hope your DH feels better today Harrigran.

Elizabeth1 Sun 19-Sep-21 09:08:07

Good morning from a wet east Fife. I’m later today but then why disturb a beautiful sleep. I’ve a new carer coming in today funnily enough I liked her a lot when I was first introduced to her, she too is running late I’ll need to be kind to her,

That’s me purchased another Christmas present on line. I’m nearly finished with it all, silly me got a carer to help me wrap the ones I’ve already got forgetting she’s a JW she did it with good gusto.

Have a lovely Sunday everyone remember it’s supposed to be a day of rest wink

Greyduster Sun 19-Sep-21 09:07:54

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from an overcast South Yorkshire. Watery sunshine is trying to break through. We are off later to watch GS play football. Their home ground borders a large wood so we may go early to get a parking space, and have a walk. Or we may go early and sit in the car!?. I made a chicken curry yesterday which we will eat for dinner today, but I’ll have to put coconut milk in it as I tasted it last night and it nearly blew my head off??!
The family across the road from us have all come down with Covid so are isolating. The youngest child brought it home from school it seems. They are young and normally fit so they should get over it quickly I hope.
Have a good Sunday folks.

NannyJan53 Sun 19-Sep-21 09:04:33

Good morning from a dull and rainy Black Country. I hope it is dry tomorrow as a roofer has confirmed he will be coming to replace our leaky garage roof. We have only been waiting since April, lack of materials was one of the reasons.

Today is the last day I can say I will be 67, so we are off to DD's as we have been invited for dinner for an early celebration. Will collect Mum on the way. DS is coming over with DGD No.3 later this morning. DIL and DGD No. 1 are both working.

Great news about your brother kitty I hope he goes from strength to strength.

How lovely to see your new DGS Maw I think we can forget how small new babies are.

Wishing you all a lovely Sunday, with special thoughts of our missing posters

Jaxjacky Sun 19-Sep-21 08:56:08

Good morning all from a grey S Hants, we’re due rain, yesterday was glorious, washing dried and grass cut. Pleased to hear your brother is home kitty.
No real plans today, roast chicken for dinner. Enjoy your day all, I’ll be thinking of those struggling ???.

Urmstongran Sun 19-Sep-21 08:49:54

Good morning everyone from Malaga where it’s another gorgeous day with wall-to-wall sunshine and a temperature of 30°C forecast. We are on the homeward strait now with 5 days left to go before we fly home to Manchester.

Himself has football to watch this afternoon as Man. Utd play West Ham. I shall read in the gardens and maybe have a dip in the pool.
??

We had a FaceTime from the grandchildren yesterday afternoon. The Boy Wonder had scored in his junior football game and had been awarded ‘man of the match’. He was grinning from ear to ear. At 9y this is a Really Big Deal.

L’l Miss was telling me about school and her nice teacher. And school dinners. And her Best Friend. Happy girlie.
?

So, no name yet for the new baby Maw? My late mum used to say in these situations ‘was 9 months not long enough?’.
??

Have a lovely Sunday all who can. x
? for you grandMattie.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 19-Sep-21 08:39:32

Morning Mick and all

It’s grey here in S E Essex, hopefully it will turn into another glorious day like yesterday. We had our flu jabs yesterday, I had a different one to DH as I am under 65, no side effects other than a sore arm.

Roast chicken for dinner later.

Pleased you got to see your newest GC Maw (I will PM you later)

grandMattie thinking of you ?

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

Anniebach Sun 19-Sep-21 08:36:48

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Ashcombe Sun 19-Sep-21 08:22:13

Good morning, all, from a soggy Sarthe.

Pleasing to read of happy family news. Thoughts with those in pain and I hope everyone has as good a Sunday as circumstances allow.

?????

Nannytopsy Sun 19-Sep-21 08:21:39

Good morning Mick and all his followers. Sunshine and clouds in Suffolk, with rain forecast for this afternoon.
More garden tidying this morning and the grass to cut, then I shall iron while watching rugby this afternoon. I was thinking of you, BlueSapphire while I watched Tigers win yesterday.
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

baubles Sun 19-Sep-21 08:15:37

Good morning Mick, morning all from South Lanarkshire where we’ve had heavy rain overnight but the sun is pushing through the cloud now.

We’re helping DD this morning as she needs to ferry children to various activities at the same time without the help of DSiL as he’s taking part in a cycling event.

Wishing everyone a peaceful Sunday. ??

Grandmajean Sun 19-Sep-21 08:14:14

Good morning everyone.
Been raining overnight but sun getting out now.
Not much planned for today so probably just a bit of pottering around.

Gelisajams Sun 19-Sep-21 08:09:09

Good morning from the New Forest. We drove through Brackley and stopped at Bicester en route to get here. I did wonder if if I would see you Mick but I didn’t know we would passing through to arrange! I thought of you anyway and wondered which cafe you frequent.
If it stays dry we have walks planned for today.
Thinking of all our carers this morning and those below par.
?
Take care and stay safe everyone ?

kittylester Sun 19-Sep-21 08:07:08

Morning all from a cloudy North Leicestershire.

We have rain in the forecast but not till later as we are watching Bertie play football this morning.

DD1 and DGS3 are still isolating but are much better thankfully and my brother is home from hospital after 14 weeks and gradually gaining strength. So, hopefully life will calm down a little now!!

Rotisserie beef for lunch and then a big sit down with the papers!

BlueSapphire Sun 19-Sep-21 08:06:01

Good morning everyone from a bright Northampton, but rain is forecast later on this afternoon.

Yesterday was fun, taking the girls to their first rugby match; a packed stadium and the deafening road of the crowd spurred the team on and Saints came out on top with a 34-20 win. Sausage and chips from the chippy completed the day and then the first Strictly. And I booked a ticket online for me to see the new James Bond film!

Both DGDs still upstairs this morning, so I am enjoying a mug of tea in peace. Elder DGD needs to make burgers today for her catering homework, so that will be their lunch. DS and partner expected back some time this afternoon.

After that will catch up with the papers and think about what to have for dinner. Have a pleasant Sunday everyone.

NotAGran55 Sun 19-Sep-21 08:02:02

Good morning from grey West Berkshire .
Yesterday was a great day as my football team beat the team at the top of the table with an away win! They have had a very bad start so hopefully the start of better form.

Off to Marlow today with my family to The Pub In The Park .
Tom Kerridge’s food and music festival with lots of great chefs represented.
Only hope the weather holds out as the forecast isn’t too good ? ☔️.

Wishing you all a peaceful day .

Gingster Sun 19-Sep-21 07:54:10

Good morning all and rain is forecast for this afternoon.

Yesterday was another glorious day and silly me, decided to thoroughly clean the conservatory. Hot or what! ?.
Half way through I had a phone call from my oldest, dearest friend telling me of her family upsets. Tears and emotions running very high. She is the kindest soul and I cried with her.
So many people with problems at the moment.

Today we have my db1 and his wife coming for coffee and cake. SIL is a bit of a doom and gloom kind , so I hope dh and I can keep a cheery chat going. ?.

grandMattie ?.

Wishing you all a pleasant day.????