Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday 19th September 2021

(39 Posts)
Michael12 Sun 19-Sep-21 06:03:48

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry outside here in brackley this morning, I did my usual yesterday to Buckingham & Bicester , roads busy diversions due to work on the "Boris Line" HS2 , even locally small constructors villages are expanding.
Today , an easy day in , cycling on later which is nice will watch Eurosport coverage as to BBC coverage.
Take Care,
Mick

monk08 Sun 19-Sep-21 06:13:43

Good morning Mick and all who follow from the Black country.
Haven't looked out yet but hopefully it will be a nice day again.
DH fishing that's the reason for early start again. Not sure what I'll do probably go into town I have a voucher and some money from my birthday to spend.
Will come back later and read everyone's happenings.
Enjoy your Sunday and may you all find some ?.

MayBeMaw Sun 19-Sep-21 06:14:27

Good morning Mick and all to come.
I had a lovely day in London yesterday meeting my adorable tiny grandson -still no name- and seeing his big brother who at 2, seems huge in comparison! D and SIL (especially D ) were very short of sleep but Otis had slept for 12 hours!
Other D and SIL took me to see their new house which is only a few streets away from their old one. This has masses of potential - but oh dear, won’t even be habitable for months. They will enjoy the challenge and it will be lovely one day but it takes a bit of imagination to see that “one day” and are living with SIL’s father in the meantime.
I believe rain is forecast here but wish you all a pleasant day whatever is in store.

harrigran Sun 19-Sep-21 06:31:37

Good morning from a dry and cloudy NE.
It stayed cloudy all day yesterday so no time spent in the garden.
DS and family are visiting this afternoon, not sure how long DH will manage as he was quite poorly yesterday.
Lovely to hear about your new grandson Maw and his big brother.

grandMattie Sun 19-Sep-21 06:38:20

Good morning from a grey E Kent. There seems to be a pattern, grey chilly mornings then the sun burns through and we have warm sunny late afternoons. The weather is distinctly autumnal.
All those new babies, how joyful! Enjoy them. ❤️
Real Church this morning at 8, then pottering about. I have been given a load of quinces to turn into jelly, prob not today.
Hope those in any sort of pain have some relief, enjoy your birthdays and anniversaries. ☀️☀️☀️???????

Susan56 Sun 19-Sep-21 07:12:53

Good morning from Shropshire.

We will take DGD to her swimming class this morning then home to catch up with laundry etc Hopefully a relaxing afternoon??

Hoping your DH has a better day today harrigran.

grandmattie???

Beechnut Sun 19-Sep-21 07:20:22

Good Morning everyone from Severnside where it’s dry and cloudy.

I have been to the circus where once again we enjoyed the performance. On my return home yesterday I brought grand dog with me as Beechnutella and her fella have gone to France. They were taking a nighttime crossing from Portsmouth.

So, it’s walking the dog for me this morning and bed changing later and later still some book reading.

Have a good day all and welcome to the new grandchildren ??

Kim19 Sun 19-Sep-21 07:34:02

Morning all! Still revelling in joy of large family gathering for GD2 birthday celebration yesterday. Oh, it was fun. Today I'm in blissful recovery but that's only physical. The memory remains intact. I've one important phone call to make today and the rest is uncharted as yet. Vague plan for a riverside stroll. Hope you all find at least one thing to be deeply happy about today.

cornergran Sun 19-Sep-21 07:36:57

Morning Mick, morning All. A dry, chilly start to our corner of Somerset

A surprise visit from our not so Littlest and his Minders made my day yesterday. A most enjoyable hour or so. A restless night followed, some sharp pains keeping me company. Covid boosters for us later today, otherwise a quiet day. Roast beef for a late lunch.

Good to hear about your visit *maw’, hope your husband will feel better able to cope today harri, enjoy your trip to town monk. I’m envious, already frustrated at my lack of independence. Special thoughts for all with sadness and pain.

Take care everyone, hope Sunday is gentle with us all.

NanKate Sun 19-Sep-21 07:41:18

Good morning Mick and All

Cloud with a bit of sun here in South Bucks but rain is due all day. Yesterday I managed to sit for an hour or so in the garden which was lovely.

So good to see you with us all here grandMattie ?

Our new cleaner is coming tomorrow so we are having a ‘clear up’ ?

Pittcity Sun 19-Sep-21 07:45:44

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. Rain in the forecast.
No plans except for a Sunday Roast. Lamb today.
Love and hugs to all ? x

brook2704 Sun 19-Sep-21 07:50:22

Good morning everyone, we’re staying just outside Aviemore but it’s a cool and wet start to the day. We were planning a longish walk in the hills but that plan might change to a shorter walk instead unless the weather really brightens up.
We had a lovely day yesterday and saw the DGC, both are growing up too fast! Enjoy the new babies maw and maydonoz such special times
grandMattie ??? for you
That’s good news about your covid boosters corner very quick ?
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings ?

ginny Sun 19-Sep-21 07:52:50

Good morning from N. Bucks where it is a bit overcast at the moment.
Our homecoming yesterday turned out to be expensive.
A parking ticket for me. I hadn’t realised that the car park outside a pub didn’t belong to them. Worse was that being away I missed the chance to pay the lower fine.
Second was walking into the kitchen and finding the glass door to the microwave/oven completely shattered !
So, today is trying to source a new door , cleaning the caravan and washing.
Looking forward to this evening though. All the family out to dinner to celebrate DGS1 birthday ( officially Tuesday).
Hope you all find a smile in your day.

Daisytwoshoes Sun 19-Sep-21 07:53:02

Morning Mick and all from a fairly bright Somerset
Not a lot going on here today .have been laid low for a few days with a heavy cold .
Had a visit from relatives up north.on their way to Cornwall yesterday.was lovely to see them and have a catch up .Thoughts to those feeling under the weather, or with troubles ?
Have a good Sunday everyone

Gingster Sun 19-Sep-21 07:54:10

Good morning all and rain is forecast for this afternoon.

Yesterday was another glorious day and silly me, decided to thoroughly clean the conservatory. Hot or what! ?.
Half way through I had a phone call from my oldest, dearest friend telling me of her family upsets. Tears and emotions running very high. She is the kindest soul and I cried with her.
So many people with problems at the moment.

Today we have my db1 and his wife coming for coffee and cake. SIL is a bit of a doom and gloom kind , so I hope dh and I can keep a cheery chat going. ?.

grandMattie ?.

Wishing you all a pleasant day.????

NotAGran55 Sun 19-Sep-21 08:02:02

Good morning from grey West Berkshire .
Yesterday was a great day as my football team beat the team at the top of the table with an away win! They have had a very bad start so hopefully the start of better form.

Off to Marlow today with my family to The Pub In The Park .
Tom Kerridge’s food and music festival with lots of great chefs represented.
Only hope the weather holds out as the forecast isn’t too good ? ☔️.

Wishing you all a peaceful day .

BlueSapphire Sun 19-Sep-21 08:06:01

Good morning everyone from a bright Northampton, but rain is forecast later on this afternoon.

Yesterday was fun, taking the girls to their first rugby match; a packed stadium and the deafening road of the crowd spurred the team on and Saints came out on top with a 34-20 win. Sausage and chips from the chippy completed the day and then the first Strictly. And I booked a ticket online for me to see the new James Bond film!

Both DGDs still upstairs this morning, so I am enjoying a mug of tea in peace. Elder DGD needs to make burgers today for her catering homework, so that will be their lunch. DS and partner expected back some time this afternoon.

After that will catch up with the papers and think about what to have for dinner. Have a pleasant Sunday everyone.

kittylester Sun 19-Sep-21 08:07:08

Morning all from a cloudy North Leicestershire.

We have rain in the forecast but not till later as we are watching Bertie play football this morning.

DD1 and DGS3 are still isolating but are much better thankfully and my brother is home from hospital after 14 weeks and gradually gaining strength. So, hopefully life will calm down a little now!!

Rotisserie beef for lunch and then a big sit down with the papers!

Gelisajams Sun 19-Sep-21 08:09:09

Good morning from the New Forest. We drove through Brackley and stopped at Bicester en route to get here. I did wonder if if I would see you Mick but I didn’t know we would passing through to arrange! I thought of you anyway and wondered which cafe you frequent.
If it stays dry we have walks planned for today.
Thinking of all our carers this morning and those below par.
?
Take care and stay safe everyone ?

Grandmajean Sun 19-Sep-21 08:14:14

Good morning everyone.
Been raining overnight but sun getting out now.
Not much planned for today so probably just a bit of pottering around.

baubles Sun 19-Sep-21 08:15:37

Good morning Mick, morning all from South Lanarkshire where we’ve had heavy rain overnight but the sun is pushing through the cloud now.

We’re helping DD this morning as she needs to ferry children to various activities at the same time without the help of DSiL as he’s taking part in a cycling event.

Wishing everyone a peaceful Sunday. ??

Nannytopsy Sun 19-Sep-21 08:21:39

Good morning Mick and all his followers. Sunshine and clouds in Suffolk, with rain forecast for this afternoon.
More garden tidying this morning and the grass to cut, then I shall iron while watching rugby this afternoon. I was thinking of you, BlueSapphire while I watched Tigers win yesterday.
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

Ashcombe Sun 19-Sep-21 08:22:13

Good morning, all, from a soggy Sarthe.

Pleasing to read of happy family news. Thoughts with those in pain and I hope everyone has as good a Sunday as circumstances allow.

?????

Anniebach Sun 19-Sep-21 08:36:48

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

GrannyGravy13 Sun 19-Sep-21 08:39:32

Morning Mick and all

It’s grey here in S E Essex, hopefully it will turn into another glorious day like yesterday. We had our flu jabs yesterday, I had a different one to DH as I am under 65, no side effects other than a sore arm.

Roast chicken for dinner later.

Pleased you got to see your newest GC Maw (I will PM you later)

grandMattie thinking of you ?

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?