Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday 20th September 2021

(66 Posts)
Michael12 Mon 20-Sep-21 06:04:01

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry but dark here in Brackley at the present moment .
Today , will be quiet ,maybe take flowers to family graves .
I will watch the cycling on Eurosport as well to see if GB get top 10`s in U23 and Women's time trials.
Then a quiet day as well .
See the delayed Bond film opens today at cinemas planning seeing next week as they think the numbers to watch it will go up .
Take Care,
Mick

Gelisajams Mon 20-Sep-21 08:05:06

Good morning from the New Forest. We are booked to go on a boat trip later, but not a river cruise as my friend thought but in a Canadian Canoe. Hopefully we will all stay dry!
Happy Birthday Nannyjan have a lovely day.
Take care and stay safe everyone ?

Susan56 Mon 20-Sep-21 08:06:04

Happy birthday NannyJan?Hope you have a lovely day????

Jaxjacky Mon 20-Sep-21 08:07:54

Good morning all from a bright S Hants, we had the smallest rain shower yesterday, we need more.
Farm shop, housework and some more washing today.
GG13 that sounds horrendous, your poor GC.
Thoughts with you grandMattie
Have a gentle day all ???.

dragonfly46 Mon 20-Sep-21 08:10:38

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire.

Think we must have better weather than you kitty 5 miles away. We had a bright sunny afternoon yesterday and sat outside after our walk!

Happy Birthday NannyJan hope you have a lovely day.

Sorry to hear about the bullying *GrannyGravy. It is so unkind.

GrandMattie* flowers

Jaxjacky Mon 20-Sep-21 08:10:39

Four more posts since mine!
Happy Birthday Nannyjan enjoy your day ???

Stilllearning Mon 20-Sep-21 08:10:43

Morning from a lovely sunny S Lanarkshire. Heating has come on so it must have been cold during the night.

Horrible for your GC and family GG13, I really hope things gets sorted soon and properly, that is a real worry.

Book club this morning, another step into normality, let’s hope it lasts.

Then back on my travels for post school childcare. 8 year old granddaughter scored the only goal for her football team yesterday, she was so thrilled. She is not the most confident child so I am looking forward to congratulating her.

Thinking about you grandMattie this morning and wishing everyone a good day???

MayBeMaw Mon 20-Sep-21 08:16:46

Sending you my thoughts and flowers Grandmattie - a hard day indeed. I am glad to hear you feel the pain less acutely - it will always be there, we just become better able to deal with it sad

Nannagarra Mon 20-Sep-21 08:19:09

Happy birthday Jan. ?
GrandMattie ?

monk08 Mon 20-Sep-21 08:24:18

Happy Birthday NannyJan you've caught me up enjoy your day ??

GrannyGravy13 Mon 20-Sep-21 08:25:32

Have Birthday NannyJan ???

Oopsadaisy1 Mon 20-Sep-21 08:27:41

Another beautiful day in Oxfordshire, DD2 came to lunch yesterday so the shed clearing will be done today, apart from that and walking her dog a clear day.
Happy Birthday Nannyjan hope you have a wonderful day
GG so sorry about the bullying poor child I hope it gets sorted, as one who was bullied at Primary school my heart goes out to him.
Granmattie so sorry that you are having to do things that no Mother should be having to do?

Anniebach Mon 20-Sep-21 08:32:28

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Grandmajean Mon 20-Sep-21 08:38:47

NannyJan Happy birthday to you -oo-oo

baubles Mon 20-Sep-21 08:54:53

Good morning Mick, morning all from sunny South Lanarkshire.

stilllearning we really must arrange that meet up one of these days. smile

We collected two of the DGDs from netball practice yesterday, the first time for us. The older one particularly enjoys sport, I’m not so sure about her sister, when she was very little she told her Mummy that she ‘really wasn’t an outdoors sort of girl’.

A long dog walk today I think as it’s such a lovely day.

Happy birthday NannyJan.

How horrible for your poor GC GG13, I hope it can be dealt with effectively.

Holding you in my thoughts
gMattie thanks

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.

Greyduster Mon 20-Sep-21 08:54:59

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is out in South Yorkshire. It was pouring yesterday when we set off to watch GS play football but the sun came out and it was very warm. At one point DD looked at me and said “your hat is covered in tiny spiders!” Some of them were abseiling down from the brim!! Not much planned for today - ironing and a bit of housework.
Happy Birthday Nannyjan???!
Have a the best day you can, all.

brook2704 Mon 20-Sep-21 08:56:45

Wishing nannyJan a very Happy Birthday ???? Enjoy your special day!

Your boat trip sounds interesting Gelisa hope it goes well! ?

Neen Mon 20-Sep-21 09:00:45

Good morning ?
I am awaiting a delivery and secretly hoping it will be soon though they have until 7 pm.
The breeze is lovely and I'm looking forward to the day.
We learn something every day.

travelsafar Mon 20-Sep-21 09:00:50

Happy birthday to nannyjan, and good wishes to everyone else. I am planning on working in the garden today. I need to have a general tidy up and 'declutter' before Autumn starts proper. I have several daff bulbs that need to be planted out too and some of my pots need emptying. What ever you are doing have a lovely day.

Sar53 Mon 20-Sep-21 09:00:54

A very Happy Birthday NannyJan, we are the same age, the 53 gives it away.

Thinking of you GM xx

I've sent you a PM GG.

xxx

Stilllearning Mon 20-Sep-21 09:03:19

Happy Birthday Nannyjan, have a good day.

It would be lovely to meet up baubles, we’ll sort something out soon.

Blossoming Mon 20-Sep-21 09:21:44

Good morning Mick and all. A lovely sunny morning here in Lancashire. Temperature currently 16°C.

Not much planned for today, other than going through my craft stash. I have never managed to finish sorting it as I get sidetracked! So many nice things begging to be turned into something beautiful.

Welcome to any new posters. Best wishes to anyone celebrating and virtual hugs to anybody suffering. Wishing a safe journey to anybody traveling.

Have the best day possible ????

Blossoming Mon 20-Sep-21 09:32:51

Another difficult day GrandMattie, thinking of you flowers

Happy Birthday NannyJan sounds like a lovely day planned.

Nannytopsy Mon 20-Sep-21 09:52:01

Good morning Mick and all his followers. Suffolk is grey but dry after thunder, lightning and torrential rain yesterday. Damp soil should make gardening easier at least.
Today I really will finish the ironing and then pack for a little jolly tomorrow. A group of school friends are meeting up in Stratford - the class of 67! Two husbands are coming too, although mine has refused!
GG I hope things are soon resolved for your DGC and thoughts for you GM.
Happy Birthday NannyJan - there are a lot at the moment on GM.
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

hulahoop Mon 20-Sep-21 09:52:13

Grandmamatty?
Grannygravyhow horrible that bullying is so bad don't know what they get out of it hope it gets sorted quickly .it's out anniversary 46yrs not as long as some of you, feel lucky that we are still have each other after some serious health issues .

Nannytopsy Mon 20-Sep-21 09:53:13

Happy Anniversary hulahoops!