Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday 20th September 2021

(66 Posts)
Michael12 Mon 20-Sep-21 06:04:01

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry but dark here in Brackley at the present moment .
Today , will be quiet ,maybe take flowers to family graves .
I will watch the cycling on Eurosport as well to see if GB get top 10`s in U23 and Women's time trials.
Then a quiet day as well .
See the delayed Bond film opens today at cinemas planning seeing next week as they think the numbers to watch it will go up .
Take Care,
Mick

Beechnut Mon 20-Sep-21 10:23:32

Happy Anniversary Mr&MrsHoolahoop ?

Happy Birthday NannyJan have a lovely day ???

monk08 Mon 20-Sep-21 10:28:18

Happy Anniversary hulahoops??

Gwenisgreat1 Mon 20-Sep-21 10:31:44

Good Morning all from sunny Harrogate.
Happy Birthday NannyJan and hugs to GrandMattie
Happy Anniversary Hulahoops. My Heart goes out to you GG13 your poor GC. I was bullied at school and still have various complexes, I hope it is sorted soon.
Today I speak to my school friend, and hopefully my sister. I might even do some housework, if I can fit it in!! I've got my new dishwasher running and the washing machine and my robot vacuum cleaner so a lot of housework is being done without involving me!!
Have the best day you can, folks

MayBeMaw Mon 20-Sep-21 10:37:50

www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/apr/12/robots-deliver-food-milton-keynes-coronavirus-lockdown-starship-technologies
Now all you need is one of these to deliver your shopping!
Feet up, cafe !

brook2704 Mon 20-Sep-21 11:19:19

Happy Anniversary hulahoop enjoy your special day together! ???

Jaxjacky Mon 20-Sep-21 11:28:48

Happy Anniversary hulahoops a day to be enjoyed ??.

Dogsmakemesmile Mon 20-Sep-21 11:50:47

Hello from a beautiful Scottish Borders. Thinking of GrandMattie on such a difficult day. Fingers crossed also the that GG13's GC 's situation is acknowledged by the school and the instigators of such appalling behaviour are challenged and monitored.
Soup made, bread made, tea made, wash on and out, bathroom cleaned, physio done. Biscuits and slob time. I was fortunate to wake up with an abundance of energy this morning. DD2 has returned home. I miss her. Have urged her to take things easy. She appeared fully recovered.
Sending wishes for the best day possible to all.

Nannagarra Mon 20-Sep-21 11:53:57

Happy anniversary hulahoop. ???

dustyangel Mon 20-Sep-21 11:55:11

Good morning from a sunny Algarve. The warmth is different since we had a morning of rain at the end of August but still quite hot in the afternoons. Considering I have Glaucoma and skin problems I’m probably in the wrong country but I do love the cheerfulness of it and DH would be very unhappy in England I think.
I shall catch up with all your news throughout the day, we still have DD and my son in law here so time is limited at the moment.
I hope you all find some flamingos and brightness in your day. sunshine ?

NanKate Mon 20-Sep-21 12:17:42

Good morning Mick and All.

Have a lovelyBirthday Nanny J. I wish I was only 68 on my birthday next Monday. You are a mere strippling ? enjoy your steak.

Sun streaming through the window just lovely ?

NannyJan53 Mon 20-Sep-21 12:50:15

Thank you for all the birthday wishes. It is a gorgeous day here, and just back from our walk. Hopefully out to lunch soon.

Auntieflo Mon 20-Sep-21 12:50:24

Well, Good afternoon Mick, Annie, Marydoll and all.

I had a burst of energy, so went into the front garden and from my kneeler/ seat, managed to empty the flower trough, and re- fill it. Now pooped, so having a coffee. DH has had to find a dental lab, to mend his chipped tooth.

On Sat night/Sun morning, I had an awful bout of sickness, so wiped out for the rest of Sunday. I don't know what caused it, but DH and I both ate the same, so not that!

Thoughts are with you today GrandMattie, have a gentle day.
Happy birthday and Happy anniversary to those mentioned above.
Have a good day one and all.

aggie Mon 20-Sep-21 13:06:22

Good Afternoon, the day has got away on me !
The flowers and bushes are alive with butterflies, small tortoiseshell, I’m told , I spotted one peacock , very pretty
Hi to all looking in but not posting , would love to see you back ?

bridie54 Mon 20-Sep-21 21:15:54

Hoping for some recommendations from anyone with experience of a shower chair.
Mr B not so great and all happening so suddenly. A chair with back and ‘arms’ would be best as opposed to a stool.
I don’t feel you can trust reviews on sites these days so please let me know what you’ve experienced. TIA

Jaxjacky Mon 20-Sep-21 21:49:46

birdie54 you may want to post this as as a new thread under Health? You’d probably get more response there, good luck.