Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday 21st September 2021

(43 Posts)
Michael12 Tue 21-Sep-21 06:03:11

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry outside here in brackley this morning.
My plans apart from having a good session of housework , prior to doing my usual bus trip to Bicester , then returning home watch one of the junior level time trails in world championships in Belgium.
Take Care,
Mick

hulahoop Tue 21-Sep-21 11:12:58

Good morning thanks to all that sent best wishes for our. anniversary yesterday we didn't do anything we are away to Northumberland at the weekend weather doesn't look great but it will be a break.

Blossoming Tue 21-Sep-21 10:17:47

Good morning Mick and all. A cloudy but bright morning here in Lancashire. Temperature currently 16°C.

Not much planned for today, I’m expecting a delivery of Sterling silver split rings from my bullion supplier and am in a creative mood.

Welcome to any new posters. Best wishes to anyone celebrating and virtual hugs to anybody suffering. Wishing a safe journey to anybody traveling.

Have the best day possible???

cornergran Tue 21-Sep-21 10:11:22

A late good morning Mick and All from a sunny corner of Somerset.

A far from sunny disposition this morning, post op blues and a poor nights sleep seem to have combined. It will pass, all things do.

After being let down by one cleaner another is coming to look us over this morning. I have dissuaded Mr C from whizzing round wither vacuum, may as well see what they would be letting themselves in for. grin.

Take care everyone. Hope Tuesday is kind to us all.

Gwenisgreat1 Tue 21-Sep-21 10:05:56

Good Morning all from sunny Harrogate
Elizabeth1, maybe you have a good friend (*Marydoll*) who will give an honest opinion on your book, where you might be able to 'tweak' it? Otherwise just think of all the authors who have had books turned down until one publisher has faith, and lo! we have another best seller!!
Well, I got pinged this morning, so am off to be tested midday today!
I am supposed to be helping setting up a mini art exhibition at the library tomorrow evening, then at the desk on Thursday morning!! - fingers crossed I shall be OK!
Satisfied with dishwasher's first use yesterday, keep trying to find time to set up new landlines, but generally get interrupted my DH who will have nothing to do with them until they are set up!!
I hope you have someone close with long arms when you need them GrandMattie flowers
Have the best day you can, folks!

Georgesgran Tue 21-Sep-21 09:46:00

Good morning from Durham. Yesterday’s weather was fabulous, but unsure of today’s forecast.
Nail appointment later, then coffee with DD2 after which I’m babysitting DGS2 for her, so she can pick up her gym class again.
Waking early (4am) is getting to be a habit - followed by a weird dream later that my car had been stolen and no-one would help!
Thoughts to those with sadness.

aggie Tue 21-Sep-21 09:44:15

Good morning everyone from a nippy Co Armagh , got a cardi on instead of the heating , we are oil heating customers here in the rural area , not at all good for global warming , so I try to use it as sparingly as possible . Plenty of insulation when it was built , but you have to have some heat to keep in !

Auntieflo Tue 21-Sep-21 09:32:58

Good morning Mick, Annie, Marydoll and all, from a bright and sunny bit of Berks.
GrandMattie, you are being one amazing lady. Please remember to be kind to yourself, whilst holding everybody else together. Your GN friends will build a virtual safety net of love and kindness, if and when you need it.

GrannyGravy13, I was so sorry to hear about the bullying that your grandchild has had to endure. The schools all come back with, " we have a strict no bullying code here", but it doesn't work. A friend's child has had to endure this, and she is only 5. The school says they know the culprits and the families, and are "keeping an eye on it". Well, it isn't good enough, is it?

Best of luck with publishing your book Elizabeth1

DH is off out for a couple of hours so I will be a person full of bizziness (not).
Have a good day one and all.

hollysteers Tue 21-Sep-21 08:59:13

Good morning Mick and all from a bright Lancashire coast.
Off to music club later, singing one new song so will have a gander at that this morning.
Sent plums round to neighbours after making smoothies and left with a lot. One sent back a large slice of daughters birthday cake with some chocs from their party so that was nice.
DD arriving from south tomorrow so a tickle round for that.
Thoughts to grandMattie and harrigran

NannyJan53 Tue 21-Sep-21 08:50:46

Good morning from a bright and sunny Black Country. It was a stunning day yesterday, and had a lovely walk in the morning.

Thank you for all the birthday wishes, I had a lovely day, with flowers delivered from my friend in Lincs, and M & S goodies from MrJ's daughters.

Meeting up with a friend today for coffee, to one on the Staffs railway walk, where they have a lovely outside area.

We should be flying to Portugal today, but decided not to go. Jet2 gave us a credit note to redeem within 6 months, so hoping to use it to book for next September.

grandMattie you are constantly in my thoughts flowers

Gingster Tue 21-Sep-21 08:48:52

Good morning all and it’s a glorious one from here on the Suffolk coast.

Came up yesterday and made a start in the garden. Things are dying down so not too much clearing to do. The rabbits have kept the lawn down so no need to mow that.

Gm - the moon was beautiful last night. Full, bright and orange over the sea. I took a pic but it doesn’t show it’s beauty.
Keep plodding on , lovely lady. ❤️

Today we will pick blackberries and make a blackberry and apple crumble with the apples from my db’s orchard. Not a good harvest this year, which they are pleased about, as they are getting older and have to pick , peel and freeze apples, pears and plums. They give huge amounts away but still it’s getting too much for them. ??.

A walk with little pooch along the beach and then back to the garden tasks and then read my book for book club. The testaments by Margaret Atwood.

Sar hope your journey goes well and enjoy your stay.

Wishing you all a good day. ????

Nannytopsy Tue 21-Sep-21 08:38:21

Good morning Mick and all his followers. It’s bright here in Suffolk this morning and the sun may burn through the clouds.
I’m off on a jolly to Stratford today to meet up with old school friends. DH and the cat will keep each other company!
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

Gelisajams Tue 21-Sep-21 08:37:21

Good morning from the New Forest where the sun is shining. We managed to stay virtually dry yesterday on our canoe trip apart from DH dropping his tracksuit top in the water as we got out of the boat. But boy was I tired!
We had lunch afterwards in a nearby pub. I don’t think I’ll be eating again for a week! I do wish these places would offer a half portion.
Today will definitely be more leisurely.
Take care and stay safe everyone ?

Annapops Tue 21-Sep-21 08:32:40

Good morning all from Durham. We arrived back home yesterday from our Lake District break which although weather wasn't wonderful it was warm.

We took a trip on Lake Windermere and had a gentle wander around Lakeside. We also visited Beatrix Potter's Hill Top farm which I had always wanted to see. It's amazing how it's been left exactly like she's still living there with her jacket draped across the chair and her wire rimmed spectacles resting on top of a book.

We drove on to Wray Castle and it's grounds. The castle was built in Gothic style in the 19th century and is quite overwhelming in design inside although unfurnished. Outside it looks every bit like a classic storybook fairy tale castle.

We had never been to Hawkshead before either, what a pretty place it is. The Beatrix Potter gallery is there too which gave even more insight into her life.

Our lodge turned out to be a brilliant base for our trip, so quiet and cosy with a hot tub to rest up our tired legs at the end of each day.

Thinking of you Grandmattie and others facing troubles, worries and sickness. May some sunshine spill into your day today.

Greyduster Tue 21-Sep-21 08:30:56

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A blue sky day in South Yorkshire. Lawn cutting this morning and I was going to bake a cake, but I suspect my oven may be on the blink?. It is insured, but I’m not hopeful that getting someone out to look at it will be a speedy process. We’ll have to see. I’ll try it again this morning??.
Have a good day, all and ? for all who need cheering up.

Anniebach Tue 21-Sep-21 08:29:54

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

BlueSapphire Tue 21-Sep-21 08:29:54

Good morning everyone from a grey and cloudy Northampton. Just put some washing in, so hoping it stays dry.

Spent yesterday looking online for a new cordless lawnmower, but think I will end up getting a newer model of the same brand I've already got. It gave up the ghost yesterday after many years of regular use; I think the batteries died. Expensive, but should be reliable.

Big event this morning! Our first neighbours' coffee morning for over 18 months - it seems an age since we all got together for gossip and cakes, and it will be so good to be together in person.

Then a health walk this afternoon.

Must have a tidy round at some time as the gas engineer is coming tomorrow to service the boiler and gas fire, and hopefully order a new radiator. I had to isolate the hall one during lockdown as it had developed a leak.

flowersflowers to grandMattie , one brave lady.

Grammaretto Tue 21-Sep-21 08:28:12

Good Morning all from the Scottish Borders where it is bright but quite cool today.
I love this time of year.
Yoga is no longer on zoom on Tuesdays. It has moved to Friday but I haven't got used to it yet. I do like a routine.

The memorial service was beautiful yesterday in the cathedral. and seeing so many old friends in the autumn sunshine made me think I should do something for the friends of DH. It will be a year in November.

Glad you are enjoying your last days in Malaga Urms

I admire grandMattie's stoicism too.

I hope you find a publisher Elizabeth1 aren't the BBC running short story competitions at present? There are all sorts of places you could enter it.
creativewritingink.co.uk/writing-competitions/

I look forward to reading it.

Have a good day everyone.

monk08 Tue 21-Sep-21 08:18:43

Good morning all from a sunny Black country.
The house got a treat yesterday it was introduced to the duster and vacuum, had to find something to do while waiting for the plumber.
While the weather holds will probably take a walk down to the RSPB and have stroll round the lake.
Thoughts with missing posters, best wishes to anyone celebrating, and safe travels to anyone on a journey.
Enjoy your day and may you all find some ?

Elizabeth1 Tue 21-Sep-21 08:09:36

Good morning everyone from a sunny start to the day here on the east coast of Fife.

That’s me had a good 6 hrs sleep without any back pain hurrah I think I’m on the mend. Grandmattie thinking of you and-sending lots of hugsflowersyesterday was very tentative on the old pins I’ve not quite got my mojo back just yet. The short story I’ve written and hope to get published has gone to umpteen publishers who say I’m needing to add a few more words. I’ve been trying to do this on Amazon but my brain isn’t functioning too well. and my eyesight has been shot all to pieces due to tiredness. What’s a new story writer to do to get there? Even ian rankin I’m sure didn’t have this turmoil. There are a good few good writers from my neck of the woods I wonder if I’ll be one one wink

Except, every piece of advice seems like gobble de gook.confused I think I’ll leave it for a couple of days.what say you you clever grandsnetters. hmm

There is hope out there love and best wishes to all who are doing as they are telt.enjoy today.

Urmstongran Tue 21-Sep-21 08:04:57

Good morning everyone from Malaga where it’s warm but dull. That was a surprise to wake up to. I slept in. Went to bed at 10pm and woke at 8:30am. We walked miles yesterday so I must have been tired!

Tuesday = LWW day, yay! ?? sitting down with friends & chatting I love it. Last one of this visit though. ‘3 more sleeps’ as I’d say to L’l Miss!

Pottering here first, putting some stuff in clip boxes, sorting out jewellery and make up for my airport bag then a shower before a wash and blow appointment at the salon downstairs.

I think you are very strong grandMattie and I admire your stoicism. It must feel so tempting to give in to your feelings yet you soldier on for others who are grieving. ⭐️

Jaxjacky Tue 21-Sep-21 07:57:22

baubles I volunteer with this group www.goodneighbours.org.uk/
There may be one near you, not sure if that’s the sort of thing for your DH.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 21-Sep-21 07:50:23

Morning Mick and all

Grey but warm here.

grandMatte please be gentle on yourself ?
Thank you for all your kind messages and PM’s it is hard to see a GC upset, hopefully the school will have a more positive intervention now.

Safe journey Sat53

We have The Imp so it’s a wait and see day.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

MayBeMaw Tue 21-Sep-21 07:44:08

Good morning all and I hope a better one for those with worries or sadness.
I have overslept which was lovely but my cleaner is coming and yes, I have to tidy up first! A good discipline because on my own it is too easy think my stuff just makes the house look “lived in”
Looks bright and crisp out there - very Autumnal.
Wishing you all a pleasant day.

Susan56 Tue 21-Sep-21 07:41:53

Good morning from Shropshire.A chill in the air but sun forecast later.

Mattie I think you are being pretty amazing holding your family together ??????

A quiet day at home today which I need to make the most of as the next day on the calendar with nothing written on is 2nd October?

Thinking of all with illness,worries and struggles??

brook2704 Tue 21-Sep-21 07:41:41

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s cloudy and I can see the trees blowing quite a bit in the wind.

Today I’m doing a Fitsteps dance class and then going into town for a bit of shopping. DH is off to work for a couple of hours and then we’ll meet up later

I hope you find something for your DH.to do baubles that’s the reason my DH has carried on working. It’s only a small local gardening job but it gives him a sense of purpose and some structure to the day. Hopefully you’ll find something that your DH enjoys doing. Fingers crossed

Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings ?