Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Moring Sunday 26th September 2021

(46 Posts)
Michael12 Sun 26-Sep-21 06:02:21

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry outside here in brackley , still trying to recover from yesterdays travelling.
The journey to York yesterday ,saw one stop at Tibshelf going north ,and the coach was about half full , York was busy as well, we had around 5 hours to do in York as well, returned calling Donnington services and a day out of just around 12 hours .
Today the Men's World cycling championships take place in Belgium , i will watch the race on Eurosport unfold in this 6 hour plus race .
Take Care,
Mick

mamaa Sun 26-Sep-21 16:20:13

Belated Good Morning all, ( also called 'Good Afternoon' by some wink). My excuse is that we have just returned from a few days away with the caravan- we were due back tomorrow but the forecast was less than favourable so we decided to cut and run after lunch!
Glad your Li'l Miss is feeling better Urms -that space cadet feeling is very familiar to me after a bout of childminding!
Thoughts and flowers to those not having the best of days for whatever reason.

Auntieflo Sun 26-Sep-21 13:38:36

Good afternoon, dear Annie, Mick, Marydoll and all.
We are sitting in the garden with a cup of tea, and it is so peaceful.
At Church this morning, one of our friends had a fainting episode and was really quite unwell. We are waiting to hear how she is later.
After Church we sat in the new-ish plaza and had coffee and cake, people and dog watching. Nearly every group had a dog with them and all were well behaved. The dogs that is.
GrandMattie, the waistcoat is so well made, your GS will be proud to wear it. You are a clever seamstress indeed.
I haven't caught up with all who are poorly or having a stressful time, but send best wishes to all who need a bit of TLC. {{{hugs}}}
Have a good day one and all.

LadyGaGa Sun 26-Sep-21 12:25:29

Morning (well afternoon I suppose!) to Mick and all. Late to the party too as sorting out washing/unpacking from holiday. Sun is shining beautifully here in Derby. I love a coach trip Mick. I used to organise them for my work colleagues and when I retired a couple of weeks ago part of my present was 4 coach trip vouchers! Can’t wait to take some friends on a freebie.
grandMattie, you are so skilled, and the love shines through. Xxx
Have a good day all

Mapleleaf Sun 26-Sep-21 12:17:59

Good afternoon,
I’m a bit late posting as I’ve been busy sorting out and washing after our return from holiday.
We’ve had lovely weather - a bonus at this time of year. Back to normal routine now.
Glad you had a good time in York Mick. It’s a beautiful city which we visit frequently.
Hope you all enjoy the rest of today.

Blossoming Sun 26-Sep-21 11:14:26

Good morning Mick and all from cool, cloudy Lancashire, hope you all have a peaceful, relaxed Sunday. ???

Beautiful waistcoat Grandmattie

Beechnut Sun 26-Sep-21 10:51:57

I love children’s artwork urms. What they see is what they draw or should that be the other way about.
I’ve never forgotten a picture Beechnutella drew of clothes on a washing line and I recognised them all ?

Urmstongran Sun 26-Sep-21 10:46:11

Great news about the house Stilllearning! I must use my ‘powers’ more often.

We are home now. I still can’t believe it’s still only morning! I feel like a space cadet. Yes it’s quite a responsibility isn’t it when our smalls are poorly on our watch?

She is so much better thanks all. Maybe lying down makes it worse?

L’il Miss drew me this picture before I left. I love grandad’s grey hair, just at the sides! And my red lipstick. We are smiling and holding hands so that’s nice.

Dogsmakemesmile Sun 26-Sep-21 10:34:21

What a beautiful waistcoat GrandMattie. Stitched with love.
Sunshine here in the Borders. Have done a load of cleaning (I blame the ddog and dcats for the daily bedlam) and made soup. Big shop arriving later.
Urms hope little one bounces back soon.
Countdown to elevenses.

maydonoz Sun 26-Sep-21 10:13:57

Good morning all from a dull and looks like rain is coming soon Welwyn, Herts.
I'm desperately hoping it will stay dry as had to do an early wash after DGS was with me yesterday and had a bad tummy upset, making a lot of washing, what with his clothes, mine plus various covers etc.
Thankfully he recovered later and had a good night from what DS1 said.
Last Sunday we saw our new baby DGS, so lovely and slept during most of our visit. He looked so tiny eventhough he had a good birth weight. We will visit again one day this week. All is going well and Mum seems to be a "natural", calm and practical.
Hope all of you have as good a day as is possible.
Am sending special wishes to Grandmattie and Harrigran during these difficult days.

hollysteers Sun 26-Sep-21 10:11:10

Good morning Mick and all from Cloudy Chambers Lancashire coast. You will enjoy your day at home after your long trip Mick.
First time to our local theatre last night after pandemic and felt like a child going to the Xmas panto, very excited. It was lovely to see old friends and acquaintances (even the cough drops) and nothing touches me like live performances. For some reason my online booking had not come through on my email to show at the door, and I had to pay twice!
In every performance, there is always for me, one actor who stands out and it was the case last night. Some people just have ‘it’ and no matter how hard others may try, conscientiously, this person steals the show.
I’ll be quite happy here today pottering round.
Thoughts to grandMattie (handsome waistcoat!) and harrigran.

Grammaretto Sun 26-Sep-21 09:52:49

Good Morning all from the Scottish Borders where it is a beautiful sunny day.
Our town is in the midst of an arts festival with studios open, music in the cafe garden and poetry readings tonight. It is a great atmosphere.

I am feeling relieved and smug that I am taking the bus and train to visit DD later in the week so will not need petrol.

The waistcoat is lovely grandMattie. Well done that in the midst of your terrible sadness, you can produce something like that. You are a trooper trouper?

I agree Kim about BlueSapphire's posts. Lovely.

Georgesgran Sun 26-Sep-21 09:50:38

Good morning from Durham, where it’s mild, but overcast. Have had DGS1 here for the weekend, but I’ll be taking him home after lunch, then onto drop something off with DD2 and bringing her youngest dog here for a couple of weeks, as the older isn’t well and needs to rest. Doing the round trip myself will save them a bit of fuel which they need for work.
Tidying up after DGS1 and dog walking on the cards later then a glass of wine beckons!
Thinking of those caring for others - look after yourselves.

Kim19 Sun 26-Sep-21 09:44:30

Morning everyone ! I'm lying here in bed loving the church bells in the background. BlueS, just wanted to say how uplifted I felt by your post. You get such pleasure from the small stuff and that's something we could all do with learning methinks. Thank you for sharing your yesterday's shenanigans. I loved it. Fingers crossed we all recognise something as a high point today.

BlueSapphire Sun 26-Sep-21 09:28:48

Good morning everyone from an overcast Northampton. Just thinking about doing bacon and egg for breakfast.

Had a good walk to the garden centre yesterday afternoon, and was caught up by a local friend on the way. Her son was in my infants class at school back in the 70s! I am horrified to learn he is now in his mid fifties! We had a coffee together in the cafe and chatted for a good hour. It really did me good. I found some nice pansies for my pots, bought a birthday card for my brother and bought a dustpan and brush for use outdoors.

My spirits were further raised by an unexpected away rugby win yesterday for my team. Wasn't on tv, but I have found the highlights programme and set it to record.

No plans for today other than to pot up the pansies and do a bit of lopping and pruning.

A beautiful waistcoat, grandMattie. Your DGS will look smashing in it.

Have a pleasant day everyone.

aggie Sun 26-Sep-21 09:17:31

Good morning everyone, especially our missing Friends
Sun is peeping through some rather determined clouds !
Bed stripped , my lovely cleaning friend is due and she does the hard bits ! I lift what I can off the floor ( crochet , waste paper basket , shoes !) then she whirls round with the Henry and the steam mop, I hide in with the neighbours ?

Greyduster Sun 26-Sep-21 09:17:13

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from a sunny but breezy South Yorkshire. Glad it’s a bit cooler - DD is running the Sheffield Half Marathon this morning. DS came down for football and stayed over last night and is already up so I expect I shall have to get up too and cook his breakfast before he goes home. We are watching GS play football this afternoon.
GrandMattie I love the waistcoat! I would wear that!
Have the best day you can folks.

Gelisajams Sun 26-Sep-21 09:10:19

Good morning from a Misty Morecambe Bay. You must be shattered Mick. We drove a similar distance but without 5 hours sightseeing and we are all in this morning.
Lovely waistcoat Mattie
Hope your L’il Miss makes a speedy recovery Urmston
A lazy day for me today. I’ve done 20 minutes exercise and that’s quite enough!
Wishing everyone a good nights sleep tonight.
Stay safe everyone and take care

Nannytopsy Sun 26-Sep-21 09:07:21

Good morning Mick and all his followers. You certainly stirred memories of York for a lot of the GM team, Mick!
Dull but dry here inland in Suffolk. DS, DIL plus 4 coming for lunch today so I need to get a move on. Roast pork etc and a steamed syrup sponge pudding with lashings of custard.
DD has already failed to get fuel this morning. Their local garage had an hour for key workers but there were about 100 people in the queue. People are so very silly in these situations.
Lots of birthdays among you all - enjoy all the children’s parties. ?
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

Oldbutstilluseful Sun 26-Sep-21 09:06:37

Good morning from a cloudy NE Hampshire.
Another one here adding to the compliments on the waistcoat gM. It really is lovely.
It’s always so worrying when grandchildren are poorly and we’re in charge. Hope L’il Miss feels better soon Urms.
Ironing on the cards today and perhaps a walk before the forecasted rain arrives.
Take care today everyone and have a nap if needed. ?

Gingster Sun 26-Sep-21 08:42:41

Good morning and it’s a bit hazy here on the Suffolk coast.

granMattie - that waistcoat is lovely and so professionally made. ?.

Urms I hope your little one shakes off that nasty cough. Sounds like a cosy day on the sofa is needed.

GG what a busy time you’ll have with your three little chaps. Have fun!

DH has just gone to queue for diesel as we need some to get back to Essex tomorrow. This will be his fourth attempt. ?

An easy day for us today , making the most of it as we have a busy week ahead with visitors, eye tests, dentists and activity groups.

Wishing you all a happy day, whatever you’re doing. ????

NannyJan53 Sun 26-Sep-21 08:42:12

Good morning from a sunny and still very warm Black Country.

Video call later this morning with my Niece in Brisbane and Mum who still cannot get over the fact she can see and speak to her all those miles away!

Lovely waistcoat grandMattie

It must have been a long day Mick travelling to York. It was 9 years ago we last visited, and keep saying we must go again.

Hope Lil miss is feeling better today Urmston it is always so worrying when children are feeling poorly

No real plans today, just go with the flow.

Wishing you all a lovely Sunday. With special thoughts of our missing posters.

Anniebach Sun 26-Sep-21 08:42:10

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

baubles Sun 26-Sep-21 08:36:16

Good morning Mick, morning all from South Lanarkshire where it’s bright at the moment.

Beautiful waistcoat Mattie, thank you for sharing it with us.

Childminding later at DD’s house as she and DSiL are going to a music festival in a park near them. I’m looking forward to hearing the girls’ chat.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day. ??

monk08 Sun 26-Sep-21 08:33:39

Good morning all from the Black country. Rain overnight but clouds breaking up at the moment.
Lovely waistcoat Mattie
Urms hope L'il miss is feeling better.
We to have birthday party Dgs he's 3 party at other nanna's Dil has a big family and her mom always act as host.
Glad you had a good day Mick
Enjoy your day everyone and may you all find some ?.

Gwenisgreat1 Sun 26-Sep-21 08:31:03

Good morning all from bright Harrogate
Hoping to go to church this morning- will be thinking of you all with the difficulties you are having.
DD2 popped round yesterday to help me set up the land land, we can at least get incoming calls now, always helps! Will try to get some numbers on it this pm!! It’s supposed to be easy to set up!!!!
Yesterday was not a bad day for York, Mick
Have a good day, folks