Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Moring Sunday 26th September 2021

(45 Posts)
Michael12 Sun 26-Sep-21 06:02:21

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry outside here in brackley , still trying to recover from yesterdays travelling.
The journey to York yesterday ,saw one stop at Tibshelf going north ,and the coach was about half full , York was busy as well, we had around 5 hours to do in York as well, returned calling Donnington services and a day out of just around 12 hours .
Today the Men's World cycling championships take place in Belgium , i will watch the race on Eurosport unfold in this 6 hour plus race .
Take Care,
Mick

MayBeMaw Sun 26-Sep-21 06:08:51

Sounds like a good day out Mick !
Good morning to you and all to come.
Why am I awake? Ask Rosie who suddenly stood bolt upright at 5 o clock , shot downstairs and agitated to be let out. I assume she heard a cat or a fox outside, so I put the outside lights on to check first before letting her out on “guard dog” patrol.
Back to sleep I think - but wishing you all a gentle Sunday.

grandMattie Sun 26-Sep-21 06:15:13

Good morning from a grey E Kent. Fortunately the afternoons are wonderfully warm (not hot! ) and I can enjoy the sun.
Yesterday was more unexpected with hitches when shopping in the town and meeting several people. Was a bit hard.
I have finished the waistcoat. Looks pretty good even if I say so myself.
Quiet today, I hope with 8 o’clock service, the virtual church later. Roast lamb for dinner.

MayBeMaw Sun 26-Sep-21 06:22:57

That’s lovely GrandMattie - he will be so proud to wear it - and you will be proud of him ?

Urmstongran Sun 26-Sep-21 06:31:27

A very early good morning everyone from me too. Whatta night! L’il Miss had a cough at tea time and I gave her some cough bottle and at bedtime, Calpol. At 2am she woke hot, crying and coughing. It sounded like croup.
?
I soothed her but brought her into bed with grandad and me. Good job it’s a huge bed! Not much sleep between us and we are downstairs now on the sofa. The Boy Wonder has joined us. I’ve passed them a soft blanket each and we’ve all got iPads. I’ve left grandad snoozing. No point in us all being shattered today. I plan to be in bed after Children’s Hour tonight!

Gorgeous waistcoat grandMattie. Thank you for sharing. And very sensible to put on a security light first in your garden MayBeMaw before you let your slim guard dog out to patrol in the dark hours.

Ashcombe Sun 26-Sep-21 07:02:45

Good morning, all from an overcast Sarthe.

Late afternoon rain yesterday gave me an evening free of watering the garden and there’s been heavy rain overnight with a random loud clap of thunder in the early hours!

The waistcoat looks great, grandMattie and I’m sure your DGS will love it! Sometimes, the kindly words of others can touch us but folk will have understood. Thinking of you and harrigran and her DH. ?

Have a restful Sunday, if possible. ?????

Susan56 Sun 26-Sep-21 07:03:07

Good morning from Shropshire.

I have had a sleepless night.Always happens after we have visited my mum.Even though she behaved reasonably yesterday I think the stress of visiting affects me.I know I am not responsible for what she says but I always get so worried beforehand that she will upset somebody.It’s how it has always been and no doubt always will be.I should be used to it by now.

Urms, I hope L’il Miss is feeling better?

mattie, the waistcoat is lovely.As maw says he will be so proud to wear it.Sorry yesterday was difficult, hope today is easier for you?

It is Henry’s second birthday party today.Bouncy castle,cake,family and friends??

Have the best day you can everyone???

harrigran Sun 26-Sep-21 07:28:56

Good morning from a cloudy NE.
SIL is calling this afternoon with shopping. He was able to get me the sparkling water I wanted by going to Costco, there is none in the supermarket.
Had quite a busy day yesterday with the result I slept better last night.
Lovely waistcoat, you are so skilled grandMattie

brook2704 Sun 26-Sep-21 07:34:52

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s forecast to be a warm dry day
The waistcoat is lovely grandMattie a touching tribute and you’ll be very proud of your DGS
Nothing much planned for today, I think we’ll both be pottering in the garden as there’s always lots to do. Plus a load of washing to get through and hopefully dry outside.
Hopefully L’il Miss will be better soon urms and you’ll catch up on your sleep later.
Sorry to hear you’ve had a restless night Susan but I hope you have a lovely time at Henry’s birthday bash and enjoy the mayhem!
Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today, just a little thing or random ? and take care all whatever the day brings ?

GrannyGravy13 Sun 26-Sep-21 07:38:53

Morning Mick and all, pleased you had a good trip Mick.

Lovely waistcoat grandMattie

Oh dear Urmstongran the joys of being a grandma. I hope L’il Miss is ok.

We had a lovely afternoon yesterday at AS’s for GS’s second birthday, the birthday boy is being dropped here at 9am as AS and wife are off for a couple of days. So we have a full house, The Imp, the 6yr old and birthday boy, I best double up on the vitamins ??

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

Sar53 Sun 26-Sep-21 07:41:58

Good morning from Leamington where it is meant to be a lovely warm day.
DGD2's team won their football game yesterday, what an improvement from when I last saw them play.
Today SIL will drive DGD1 to Hinkley to her BTUK ballet lesson.
The two youngest are going to make a birthday cake for Uncle Matt who is coming for a BBQ this afternoon. It's all go in this house.
Beautiful waistcoat GM, your grandson will be very proud to wear it.
Have a great Sunday everyone xxx

ginny Sun 26-Sep-21 07:51:31

Good morning everyone.
Hoping the red light on the freezer has gone off or I’ll be begging freezer space from friends.
We have family, DDs2 &3, SIL and DGS 2&3 coming for Sunday lunch today. So it will be a busy one.
Great waistcoat grandMattie.
Wishing you all a good day with a smile along the way.

Beechnut Sun 26-Sep-21 07:51:33

Good Morning everyone from a dry Severnside

The waistcoat is lovely Mattie. Stitched with love. I found it easier to go shopping as early as possible, eased myself into going out and seeing people I knew.

A dog walk later and a potter in the garden because rain is forecast tomorrow and for the foreseeable.

Thinking of you all so have the best day you can ?

Pittcity Sun 26-Sep-21 07:56:11

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Much brighter than yesterday already.
I shall get washing out to dry. I have no idea where it all comes from ?
A walk to Aldi to see what I can get for a Sunday Roast as DH will be hungry when he gets home this evening. Well then settle down with a glass of red to watch the last episode of Vigil.

Love to all ?x

Grandmajean Sun 26-Sep-21 08:04:00

Good morning from me in Cheshire.
A beautiful waistcoat GrandMattie you should be very proud.
Sun getting out now ? so hopefully we are in for a lovely Autumn day.The trees in the garden have stunning colours.
Not a lot planned but will definitely have a walk by our local river.

Jaxjacky Sun 26-Sep-21 08:05:17

Good morning all from a grey, slightly damp, S Hants. Beautiful waistcoat grandMattie.
Hope your GD improves Urmstongran, you and Susan will be early to bed tonight.
Both children and GC’s here for BBQ later, hope it stays dry, rain due tomorrow.
Have a pleasant day all, stay safe ???

dragonfly46 Sun 26-Sep-21 08:05:54

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire.

Drove down to South Mimms services yesterday but had to queue for 15 minutes just to get in as it was jammed with people queuing for petrol and 15 minutes to get out again. I hope they get this sorted out soon!
Today is a rest day!

Lovely waistcoat Mattie.

cornergran Sun 26-Sep-21 08:14:00

Morning Mick, morning All. Light cloud over our corner of Somerset.

Sorry you didn’t sleep susan, sounds a good day ahead though. Third sleepless night in a row has left me feeling out of touch with the world. Pain getting me down now. We had a good day yesterday, a trip out for breakfast then helping plant some tubs with winter colour. Quiet one today other i than a promised visit from our soon to be ex daughter in law and grandchildren, looking forward to that. Roast chicken later.

Thank you for sharing the waistcoat mattie, made with such love. Welcome back urms, hope LilMiss is herself soon

Take care everyone. Hope Sunday is kind to us all.

kittylester Sun 26-Sep-21 08:25:44

Morning all! My bit of North Leicestershire is not sunny at all!!

We had a lovely day yesterday near York. DSIL enjoyed her lunch and we had a good catch up. I always enjoy seeing their daughter too. And, we got home in time for Strictly having managed to get £30 of petrol as we neared home. By that stage the car gauge was saying we had 20 miles left in the tank. shock

Roast duck fir lunch.

Lovely waistcoat gm.

Stilllearning Sun 26-Sep-21 08:25:55

Morning from S Lanarkshire where the sky is reasonably bright but lots of rain forecast,

Beautiful waistcoat grandMattie, perfect for the occasion. Thank you for posting the picture.

What a night Urmstongran, it’s frightening when they are ill on your watch, hope L’il Miss is better now.
I think your good vibes helped by the way, DD and SiL got the house! I am so pleased for them.

Meeting a friend for coffee this afternoon, her husband has Parkinson’s and he falls easily so she can only go out when someone is with him. I hope our outing helps.

Wishing everyone the best of days and remembering all who are struggling???

Gwenisgreat1 Sun 26-Sep-21 08:31:03

Good morning all from bright Harrogate
Hoping to go to church this morning- will be thinking of you all with the difficulties you are having.
DD2 popped round yesterday to help me set up the land land, we can at least get incoming calls now, always helps! Will try to get some numbers on it this pm!! It’s supposed to be easy to set up!!!!
Yesterday was not a bad day for York, Mick
Have a good day, folks

monk08 Sun 26-Sep-21 08:33:39

Good morning all from the Black country. Rain overnight but clouds breaking up at the moment.
Lovely waistcoat Mattie
Urms hope L'il miss is feeling better.
We to have birthday party Dgs he's 3 party at other nanna's Dil has a big family and her mom always act as host.
Glad you had a good day Mick
Enjoy your day everyone and may you all find some ?.

baubles Sun 26-Sep-21 08:36:16

Good morning Mick, morning all from South Lanarkshire where it’s bright at the moment.

Beautiful waistcoat Mattie, thank you for sharing it with us.

Childminding later at DD’s house as she and DSiL are going to a music festival in a park near them. I’m looking forward to hearing the girls’ chat.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day. ??

Anniebach Sun 26-Sep-21 08:42:10

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

NannyJan53 Sun 26-Sep-21 08:42:12

Good morning from a sunny and still very warm Black Country.

Video call later this morning with my Niece in Brisbane and Mum who still cannot get over the fact she can see and speak to her all those miles away!

Lovely waistcoat grandMattie

It must have been a long day Mick travelling to York. It was 9 years ago we last visited, and keep saying we must go again.

Hope Lil miss is feeling better today Urmston it is always so worrying when children are feeling poorly

No real plans today, just go with the flow.

Wishing you all a lovely Sunday. With special thoughts of our missing posters.