Gransnet forums

Chat

are you still in your pjs

(96 Posts)
travelsafar Mon 27-Sep-21 09:24:34

Its a miserable day outside, pouring with rain and i am still not dressed as not going anywhere and no one... i hope...visiting. I have had breakfast and and washed and cleaned my teeth and usually by now i would be dressed but i thought what does it matter there is no rush. Is this the slippery slope for the coming months!!! lol

misty34 Mon 04-Oct-21 22:24:46

I'm nearly always up by 6am. Just use from working days. Stay in my dressing gown downstairs until about 7 30. Then washed and dressed for whatever the day brings. I don't get undressed until I go to bed which is around midnight.

LovelyLady Wed 29-Sep-21 09:38:43

Hope Grandmadinasaur enjoyed her birthday. Please give an update. ??☕️

Dorsetcupcake61 Wed 29-Sep-21 06:20:52

Since January I've returned to work full time and so Monday -Friday showered and dressed and leave house at 8am!
Last year I didnt work for most of the year. For the majority of the year. I wore casual comfy clothes and almost forgot how to put make up on?. I think I had one or two days when I remained in dressing gown but I suspect that was due to feeling quite low in mood.
When at home I wear very comfy clothes but I am presentable. I remember on my regular day off a few years ago still being un showered and in a scruffy nightie in the late morning and a friend visited unexpectedly-I was mortified!
After work in the summer I would take off my make up and change into casual clothes. Now the nights are darker I have a lovely hooded fleece cape, very cosy but also presentable if unexpected visitors!

Smurf44 Wed 29-Sep-21 03:07:39

I can never understand why folk stay in their PJs all day, but my adult children and my 8year old GS do so regularly! It is far too cold to wear just PJs/nightie in my old Victorian house for most of the year, though I do sometimes stay in my cosy bed on really cold wet days until mid-morning. Then I hastily dress in several thick layers of clothes to face the day. Yes, I have central heating, but it soon disappears through the uninsulated thin brick walls! (No cavity in my walls ?)

Kim19 Tue 28-Sep-21 19:59:54

I've never understood why we 'creatures of habit ' find it so difficult to adapt to total freedom. I experienced exactly the same but after eight years have managed to move into a degree of slobbishness by way of lying in for a bit in both inclement or cold weather. Still feel a bit guilty but constantly talk sense into myself. Crazy!

Bobbysgirl19 Tue 28-Sep-21 19:09:29

AGAA4

Many of us have worked hard all our lives and have had our share of being up early to commute.
Now we should just do as we please and if we want to stay in our PJ's we can without feeling we should be up and about.

Hear hear ? a woman after my own heart,

MaggsMcG Tue 28-Sep-21 18:45:46

Not today but other days I might be especially as the weather gets colder.

lemsip Tue 28-Sep-21 17:53:07

Elvis58
so it's true, Elvis is alive and well! ha ha

Elvis58 Tue 28-Sep-21 17:49:34

It was sunny here this morning up washed and a 3 mile walk along the beach,coffee stop and home.
But on rainy days have pj mornings have been known to do housework in them then shower.

BlueSapphire Tue 28-Sep-21 17:27:37

Only wear PJs or nightie when staying away from home.
Otherwise in dressing gown having a cup of tea and on here till 9.30ish. Shower and dress and then it's time for coffee!
Many people I know change into their PJs early evening; would never occur to me to do that. I like to stay in day clothes till bedtime.

Eloethan Tue 28-Sep-21 17:10:00

I never stay in my nightclothes/dressing gown - unless I'm ill. I start to feel listless and depressed if I don't get up by 9, have a bath, get dressed and made up.

Bijou Tue 28-Sep-21 16:51:17

Although I am housebound and live alone I am always up by 8 a.m. have my breakfast in nightie and dressing gown and watch the TV news. Am showered and dressed by the time my cleaner/help comes. I cannot remember staying in bed unless I was ill and that very rarely.

Mapleleaf Tue 28-Sep-21 16:51:01

I very rarely linger in dressing gown and pj’s. I like to be showered and dressed, just in case anyone knocks on the door! ?
I actually start to feel uncomfortable after a while, anyway, so have to change out of them and into day wear.

Mistyfluff8 Tue 28-Sep-21 16:12:38

No rush to get dressed if weather is awful just chill out even cat hates it

grandtanteJE65 Tue 28-Sep-21 15:36:40

I haven't owned a pair of pyjamas since I was a child!

Seriously, I spent two years of my childhood either being ill or convalesing and grew to hate nightclothes and dressing-gowns, as once I was well enough to be allowed out of bed, my mother insisted I didn't dress, so I could get into bed again fast when she could see I was getting tired.

So I only wear nightclothes when I am ill, or sharing sleeping accomodation with strangers or young children of friends or family when I would not feel comfortable in my usual night attire = my birthday suit.

I get up, wash, dress, drink coffee and listen to the news, unless I get up as I did yesterday and realise that a migraine is luring and go back to bed again.

Amberone Tue 28-Sep-21 15:36:16

Don't have PJs. Very rare for me not to be showered, dressed, make up on by 7 am. OH works at home these days and usually remembers to bring me a cup of coffee before he starts at 6 am, so that's my signal to start thinking about getting up

Petalpop Tue 28-Sep-21 14:49:49

No. At that time I was already half way through a morning walk with a friend collecting windfall apples in a field, luckly for us the rain had stopped but even if we had got wet we would be warm and dry when we got back to our houses and had a shower and a hot cuppa. Other mornings (except weekends) I am up at 5.30 and dressed in my walking gear and out of the house with my OH as he takes dog for walk and I go off on my power walk. I do put my PJs on around 8.00 in the evening and go to bed around 9.30 as I am up early in the mornings. I am a little devil on a Friday night as I stay up until 10.00 watching Gogglebox. At the weekends we don't get up until 7.00 and that is a treat. I am a morning person and can't stand stopping in bed too long.

dragonfly46 Tue 28-Sep-21 13:37:21

No I always get up and have a shower and get dressed. I do put my PJ's on after dinner though while DH clears up!

cupcake1 Tue 28-Sep-21 13:33:33

Never. I’m always up around 6 and after a cuppa (or two) of tea get showered and dressed. I wouldn’t feel right lounging in pj’s didn’t do that during lockdown either.

Happysexagenarian Tue 28-Sep-21 13:00:38

I don't wear PJs or nightie, just Chanel No.5 for me, so I have to get dressed as soon as I get up or I'd frighten the postman!

That said, I do occasionally stay in bed till maybe 10.30 if I or DH haven't slept well. But usually I'm up, dressed and breakfasted by 9am. I'm not a morning person so hate having to be be up early for any reason.

It's a lovely day here on south coast, just a brief sharp shower about an hour ago.

allule Tue 28-Sep-21 12:38:06

How do you beat the guilt? I was awake and playing online games at 4, so could have stayed in bed later, but still felt guilty when I was still in bed at eight.
No reason to get up, and no one to criticise, just my younger self.,

Daffydilly Tue 28-Sep-21 11:56:51

Gosh! I left the house (fully dressed) just after 7 to go to work!

Modompodom Tue 28-Sep-21 11:49:23

I have only just showered and dressed although I have been up since just after 8am. I have a slow routine unless I have something to go out for in the morning. Medication, then wait awhile before making coffee. I usually play a game on the tablet then! A light breakfast, and then a shower and get dressed. The weather isn’t very inspiring today.

jaylucy Tue 28-Sep-21 11:31:19

I don't wear PJs as I get too hot in the middle of the night when wearing them.
I don't really enjoy staying in nightwear in the mornings for some reason, but to get into my nightie and my full length robe, that zips up the front in the evening, after dinner or on occasion late afternoon, then get comfy in my chair with a cup of decaff tea or coffee and a fleecy blanket over my feet and legs, to watch a tv programme I enjoy (who doesn't love the Repair Shop) or read a book before going to bed.

icanhandthemback Tue 28-Sep-21 11:20:56

No, today I am up and dressed as I have had to go into my mother's today to sort out her breakfast. However, I do have occasional PJ days but those are the days I do more indoors than I do when I'm dressed!