Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday 28th September 2021

(45 Posts)
Michael12 Tue 28-Sep-21 06:11:58

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dry start here in Brackley this morning, today will see some housework plus later bus trip to Bicester for an hour or so .
Then return home and relax this afternoon .
Yesterday , I took a glance through the online holiday list for next year , some familiar visits have started to appear.
Take Care,
Mick

aggie Tue 28-Sep-21 08:29:08

Good morning everyone, dull outside but bright inside , I am surrounded by different colours of yarn , I am crocheting blankets for family dogs ! Am I mad ?
Dragonfly that sounds sore ! I hope you get something from the GP
Still looking for absent friends , I hope GrannySomerset is coping and getting help

Anniebach Tue 28-Sep-21 08:46:53

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Pittcity Tue 28-Sep-21 08:51:09

Good morning from an overcast Colchester where it is currently 13°.
Tuesday is charity shop day and my uniform fleece is coming with me as well as my brolly.
Love to all x (can't do flamingo emojis on my tablet ❤️)

GrannyGravy13 Tue 28-Sep-21 08:55:31

Morning Mick and all

We have completed our GC marathon and are now just looking after The Imp. Need to walk to Aldi later.

Thinking of all our friends with troubles or feeling poorly

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

Greyduster Tue 28-Sep-21 08:55:33

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from a chilly, grey South Yorkshire, with watery sunshine trying to break through. We have to go out this morning to get DH a blood test at a new drive in centre. I hope we can find it. Other than that our activities will be weather dependent. I need to get out in the garden if possible.
Harrigran?.
Have a good day, folks.

BlueSapphire Tue 28-Sep-21 09:00:35

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny ? Northampton, but showers are forecast later, so I will put off washing the towels until tomorrow.

Hoping I can dodge the showers today as I am meeting friends at the pub just down the road for lunch. I have known this friend and her DH since 1972, when she joined the teaching staff of my then school. We also happened to live two streets away from each other! We now live on opposite ends of the town.

Have just ordered some new weights for my vertical blinds as the cats like to play chase through them and frequently snap off the fastening thingies; must replace the chain as well, but I have some somewhere if I can lay hands on it.

Have a good day everyone.

TopsyIrene06 Tue 28-Sep-21 09:02:53

It's horrible for you Harrigran.. Your devotion shines through. Thoughts.

Jaxjacky Tue 28-Sep-21 09:08:53

Harrigran you’re not moaning, perfectly understandable frustration and annoyance. Your patience and strength shine through. I think you are admirable. As are others here who have, to me, unimaginable struggles, heroes all ?.

Mapleleaf Tue 28-Sep-21 09:10:36

Good morning all,

Another blustery start to the day, but so far it’s dry (until this afternoon). Popping out this morning then back to do some chores and then read my book, I think.

Hope today is a good day for everyone.

Auntieflo Tue 28-Sep-21 09:14:21

Good morning Mick, Annie, Marydoll and all.
Like others, there is definitely a change in the weather, and the heating popped on earlier. It is dry but dull here. I did get some washing dry yesterday, but don't think I will chance any more today.
I began to crochet a Minion for my neighbour, who fell in love with the ones I made recently. Then I have a small teddy to do.
We bit the bullet yesterday and ordered a wide TV unit, so am just hoping it is all it looks to be in the pictures. Buying on line is a bit of a nightmare, so ?that it will do the job.
Then to get rid of the current stand and corner unit.
Harrigran, you are having a lot to cope with, so ? for you.
Have as good a day as possible one and all.

Stilllearning Tue 28-Sep-21 09:19:26

Morning from my bit of S Lanarkshire, nice blue sky but chilly.

A friend coming for coffee this morning, leaving her husband in charge while new blinds are being fitted throughout their house. I hope we can also go for a walk.

Lots of housework and tidying needing done too so I must resist the temptation to go out this afternoon and get on a bit!

My daughter and I were supposed to be picking up my sister in law from Edinburgh Airport later today and drive her across to Gourock where she will get a ferry to Dunoon. She is returning from her first visit since the start of the pandemic to see her DS, DiL and DGC in Finland. However fuel shortages have put paid to that plan and she will just get the airport bus over to Glasgow and thence home.
I’m really disappointed, she’s a great friend and I was looking forward to being able to do something for her as well as catch up.

Wishing everyone a good day and hoping those feeling under the weather heal quickly???

hollysteers Tue 28-Sep-21 09:38:14

Good morning Mick and all from a damp and cooler Lancashire coast.
Off to music club this afternoon so getting stuff together for that. Seems like my juicer is giving up the ghost and I want to make smoothies with my apple crop. Most of the apples are tiny, maybe it needs pruning or is old.
Thoughts to Harrigran and anyone with worries.

LadyGaGa Tue 28-Sep-21 10:26:21

Morning all
Weather quite bright here in Derby.
Feeling blessed. DD2 had a 20 week scan yesterday and all is well. She already knew that she was having a little girl as she’s had 3 private reassurance scans due to 2 recent miscarriages. Hopefully we can all relax a bit now.
Choosing new wardrobe doors today for our new fitted wardrobes, then DD2 has free tickets for a show at the Crucible so she’s asked if I want to go.
Sending love to all those coping with illness and bereavement. Hopefully you’ll get some respite. Strong women (and men!) on here xx

Urmstongran Tue 28-Sep-21 11:07:13

Just popped back to catch up. Oh Harrigran you are most certainly not moaning. You are sadly having to be very determined in your approaches to get the help needed for your dear husband. You must be mentally exhausted with it all at times as it’s very frustrating getting these agencies to join up the (obvious) dots sometimes.

No word this morning from our grandMattie. You are very much in our thoughts. ?

Urmstongran Tue 28-Sep-21 11:10:34

You too Oops as you’re having a tough time too of late. I hope you got through to your doctor. Your poor daughter is struggling and you must be feeling anxious hoping for more assistance. x

EkwaNimitee Tue 28-Sep-21 11:30:09

Good morning Mick and everyone from a grey and showery (very!) Carlisle. It was 10C when I got up and even the upstairs heating had kicked in.I feel less motivated when it's grey so had to give myself a metaphorical kickstart to go and clean the bathroom and toilets. Then I came into the office for some organising and filing but find myself doing this!
I have to go out to the surgery this afternoon for them to take bloods. Presumably they have a supply of blood tubes. They didn't at the hospital a fortnight ago.
I'm sorry you are having such a frustrating time with these agencies, harrigran and I hope you get sorted soon. You are being stressed out unnecessarily.
And everyone, have the best day possible.

Oopsadaisy1 Tue 28-Sep-21 11:50:02

Thanks Urms I got through Ok, we should be able to get a prescription for more anti nausea pills later in the day, she now has a UTI! And is still unable to keep water down. Anyway, she is a very good patient ( this means that she does as I tell her), I just wish I could make her better.
Thank goodness we have a bungalow, I couldn’t cope with keep running up and down the stairs!

Urmstongran Tue 28-Sep-21 11:58:11

Glad you got through Oops. Hope your daughter feels better soon - she needs fluids so hope the anti nausea pills settle her tum and she’s able to rehydrate. Well done nursie!

Mapleleaf Tue 28-Sep-21 12:03:37

? Harrigran. I am so sorry to read of your frustrating time trying to get things sorted. It sometimes seems as if joined up thinking by various departments just doesn’t happen, and especially at times of urgent need.

You most certainly are not moaning here, please don’t feel that you are. This is a safe thread to vent when it is necessary to do so, we are all your virtual friends. ?