Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday 3rd October 2021

(42 Posts)
Michael12 Sun 03-Oct-21 06:10:14

Good Morning Everyone,
Its still dark but at the moment its dry here in Brackley , yesterdays plans did not work , travelled to Buckingham ,and then got Bus to Bicester , this was rerouted due to dreaded HS2 work on a railway bridge , plus with added rain , I returned home direct also queing at pumps hold ups, plus a M40 accident seeing traffic tailbacks .
Anyway a British winner inn first women's version of Paris -Roubaix cycle race nice to watch .
Will watch the main Paris -Roubaix today which will be interesting in the wet weather as like yesterday .
Take care,
Mick

monk08 Sun 03-Oct-21 06:17:02

Good morning Mick and all who follow from the Black country. Gosh what a journey you had.
Early start today DH has a fishing contest only 1 more after this can't wait for his season to finish.
No plans as yet for today probably have a sort out of stuff for charity shop, sciatica still playing me up so will see how I feel.
Best wishes for anyone celebrating and virtual hugs where needed.
Enjoy your day and may you all find some ?.

grandMattie Sun 03-Oct-21 06:20:05

Good morning from a chilly, grey E Kent. Light rain. It was horrible yesterday, windy, raining and cold.
Quiet day today - 8 am service then “proper” service online. I’ve decided not to make a roast this weekend as we’re going to be all over the place, re. guests, etc., includingDD and her vegetarian family.
When I commented that I had made mincemeat to DGD1, I had to say it didn’t involve dead animal - just fruit!
Harri, I hope you had an easy night and that your DH is comfortable.
Carpe diem. Have a gentle day. ??????

Ashcombe Sun 03-Oct-21 07:18:06

Good morning, all, from a fine Torbay after yesterday’s torrential rain.

I felt sorry for the volunteers at the flu vaccination venue yesterday, some of whom were out in the pouring rain. They were cheerful in their work and appreciated my gratitude, as did the practice staff administering the vaccinations.

In the evening, I popped into our theatre bar as it was the charity performance of our first play in eighteen months! It was good to be back there and see old friends whom I’ve missed during the lockdowns.

Here’s a photo of DH's cats (Lola and Cooper) who had naughtily curled up on the butcher’s block one morning during my visit. I guess they’d had a heavy night…..!

Wishing you all a peaceful Sunday, especially harrigran and grandMattie. ?????

brook2704 Sun 03-Oct-21 07:34:29

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s dry and bright just now but some showers forecast for later. Sorry to hear your day didn’t go to plan yesterday mick but I hope you enjoy watching the cycling later.
Nothing much on for today, DH is picking up DD2 and family from the airport after their trip to London and I’ll be catching up with the usual housework. As well as it being the London marathon today we’ve got the local Loch Ness marathon and a 10k run so Inverness will be bustling with lots of visitors.
Those cats look very cosy Ashcombe!
Thinking of those with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings ?

NanKate Sun 03-Oct-21 07:39:01

Good morning Mick and All.

Cloudy cool day in South Bucks.

grandMattie I remember I used to say to my DS when her brought a new girlfriend home, ‘I hope she isn’t another vegetarian’. I have nothing against vegetarians it was having to cook separate meals that irritated me.

We are off to a big theatre for the first time since Covid. They seem to have taken all precautions but I will wear my mask if there are not spaces between the seats. We are going to see the Bootleg Beatles. I’m sure we will be singing along to all the old songs. ???

NannyJan53 Sun 03-Oct-21 07:42:08

Good morning from a much brighter Black Country, where we had heavy rain yesterday. Not good for our leaking garage roof (which was totally replaced 2 weeks ag). Roofer cannot come to sort until we have had a spell of dry weather.

Had a lovely long lunch and a chat yesterday with an work ex-colleague, then as she lives in the next street to Mum, paid a visit there. She had an invitation to her Covid booster jab, which I found lying in the kitchen. Couldn't remember how long it had been there, so I used my phone to book her appointment.

Roast lamb for dinner tonight, and I will make a Rhubarb crumble, as there is plenty from the garden in the freezer.

Mum makes mincemeat every year grandMattie she uses vegetarian suet, as brother and family are vegetarian. She does end up giving most of it away to family and friends.

Wishing you all a lovely Sunday. grandMattie harrigran flowers Also hoping Marydoll is ok

NannyJan53 Sun 03-Oct-21 07:43:29

Oh NanKate enjoy bootleg Beatles. We saw a Beatles tribute in Croatia, and all the old memories and words came flooding back!

Grandmajean Sun 03-Oct-21 07:46:26

Beautiful ? s Ashcombe
Quite chilly here in Cheshire this morning.
You are very busy GrandMattie - my thoughts are with you for the coming week.
Not many posters yet today.
Haven't heard of the Loch Ness marathon, Brook. Hope it doesn't involve water !

cornergran Sun 03-Oct-21 07:53:17

Morning Mick, morning All. A chilly start to our corner of Somerset. Clear sky with more heavy rain forecast for the afternoon.

We also had journey issues yesterday mick. Two motorways swimming in water, very slow, erratic traffic and a thirty minute hold up because of an accident. We felt for those involved. In spite of a journey taking twice its usual time we thoroughly enjoyed seeing the family. It’s rare to have us all together. The trip home was much easier, rain had stopped and traffic disappeared. So frustrated I couldn’t share the driving, Three more weeks with luck.

Other than an easy gammon meal to prepare there’s not a thing we need to do today. Hooray. Mr C is still asleep, I’ve no intention of waking him.

Hope you had a better day and a good night harri, enjoy the theatre nankate, those cats seem to be firmly in charge ash.

Take care everyone. Hope Sunday is kind to us all.

maydonoz Sun 03-Oct-21 07:55:01

Good morning all from a dull and dreary Herts. I expect we'll have more of the terrific rain we had yesterday.
We both had our flu vaccines yesterday morning at our surgery. Thankfully it was done indoors unlike last year. It was very quick as there were at least five staff members jabbing us all as we queued up with our bare arms. We've had no after effects, thankfully.
Later we looked after our two DGC as our DIL had to travel some distance for her Covid vaccine.
Then on our way home after a shop, got caught in the rain while waiting for our bus. It felt good to get home and get warm and dry , the little pleasures of life!
Wishing all of you a pleasant Sunday and special wishes to those who are struggling in any way.

Grammaretto Sun 03-Oct-21 07:56:36

Good Morning all from the Scottish Borders where it is decidedly chilly.

I can sympathise NanKate and grandMattie about the separate meals but having been veggie myself for over 30 years I try to put people at ease by saying I can eat everything apart from meat. It happened to me in a restaurant in France once where they refused to serve me! I said but I can eat the bread, the cheese, the salad and the wine. Vegans are harder - I agree.

Busy day again here with Arts Trail/Open Studios. I talked more than I have in 2 years yesterday.

First is our Sunday service in person - not on zoom.

Thinking of Harrigran, Marydoll and of course gMattie. flowers and any who are feeling down today.

Gingster Sun 03-Oct-21 08:00:15

Good morning all and it’s damp here in Essex. Yesterday was horrendous with rain all afternoon. Quite a few flooded areas.
Dh and DS1 went to watch a footie match and came back soaked to the skin. Where’s the pleasure!!!

I spent the afternoon baking and cooking for today’s lunch with the family. Just got to cobble it all together now, so an easy day, I hope! I made a rhubarb crumble NannyJan. DS2 loves it. Always reminds him of his Nanna ❤️.

I enjoyed Strictly last night. They all seem to be so good this year. No comic turns!

I hope you all enjoy your Sunday, whatever you are doing.?
????

Beechnut Sun 03-Oct-21 08:03:11

Good Morning everyone from a dry Severnside .

The cats look like they’ve had a good night one way or another Ashcombe ?

No real plans for today so I might go in the greenhouse or give myself a pedicure.

We had an enjoyable evening years ago NanKate with a Beatles tribute band and I think they were the Bootleg Beatles.

Have the best day you can all ?

Oopsadaisy1 Sun 03-Oct-21 08:06:36

Good morning from a dry but dull Oxfordshire.
Miss Oops had her first decent nights sleep last night, at last, she only felt mildly nauseous, but the antihistamine tablets have been a real help for that.
She has had a terrible 10 days, but hopefully she is on the mend. Not sure what will happen long term though.
Anyway we have plenty of room here so she can come and stay and be looked after when she needs to.
Roast lunch today and apart from taking her dog for a walk that’s it.
Hope all have a peaceful Sunday, with hugs for those with cares and worries.

Jaxjacky Sun 03-Oct-21 08:17:35

Good morning Mick and all from a drying up S Hants, more showers later.
Beef stew in the slow cooker later, an easy dinner, might get out in the garden.
Our friend is taking part in the Loch Ness marathon brook, a long way from down here.
Hoping harrigran had a quieter day and night. Thoughts with you grandMattie?.
Have a pleasant Sunday all.

Pittcity Sun 03-Oct-21 08:20:46

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. The heating has bumped on again.
One good thing about yesterday's torrential rain was that DH and DS bought petrol without queuing as everyone else stayed indoors.
No idea what, if anything, we're doing today. Roast chicken tonight.
Love to all ? x

Gwenisgreat1 Sun 03-Oct-21 08:24:26

Good morning all from sunny Harrogate
I usually make my own mincemeat, so must. Get a move on while the ingredients are available.
Just been informed DGS is coming this am, which means no church. The two are incompatible
Just had word he is coming I’d better get a move on or I won’t be dressed!
Have a good day all

NanKate Sun 03-Oct-21 08:28:23

I think my comment about vegetarians was a bit uncalled for, apologies. I am not much of a cook and just preparing one meal for others is enough for me. In a previous life I think I must have had staff, including my own cook. ?

Stilllearning Sun 03-Oct-21 08:32:59

Morning from S Lanarkshire, blue sky but dark clouds on the horizon.

The chat about feeding vegetarians took me back a long time to when my daughter, who was a student nurse, phoned late on Christmas Eve to ask if she could bring a friend whose arrangements had fallen through, home with her the next day. Of course I said yes and she finished with ‘ Oh and she’s vegetarian’ .
It wasn’t so common in those days and I was looking at a kitchen full of turkey and ham etc but I did my best and everything went well,
I received a lovely letter afterwards from the girl, saying she had enjoyed her lovely meal, especially the delicious roast potatoes.
They were cooked in beef dripping! I genuinely hadn’t thought about that and decided that ‘what you don’t know doesn’t harm you’!

Off to youngest daughter’s for lunch and ‘a sleepover’ today, I’m looking forward to time with my two youngest DGC, I looked after them a lot pre pandemic and I do miss that.

Remembering all who need thoughts and prayers and wishing everyone a peaceful Sunday ???

baubles Sun 03-Oct-21 08:35:41

Good morning Mick, morning all, it’s another wet one here in South Lanarkshire.

That was a frustrating day Mick.

A quieter day today I hope. Childminding yesterday was going well until, completely out of the blue, the youngest of the girls threw up over her older sister’s rugby boots which were lying in the hall. I had the task of cleaning them up before said sister got home. I discovered her mouth guard inside one of them. Yuck, was the consensus of all the children, I had to agree.

Today I’ll run the vacuum around the bedrooms and change my bed. That will do. Will make Tartiflette and roasted vegetables for dinner, I had a sudden notion for it last night now we are into autumn weather.

Glad your daughter had a better night Oops.

Wishing everyone a peaceful Sunday. ??

ginny Sun 03-Oct-21 08:36:13

Good morning everyone. The weather looks a little better today after constant rain yesterday.
We have just heard from DD3 that our 5 year old Grandson has tested positive for Covid . He seems fine apart from a runny nose. Both DD and SIL are double jabbed so hopefully if they get it , it will be mild. A bit worried about 5 month old DGS. Hate the fact that we can’t do much to help.
No particular plans today. Maybe an hours tidying in the garden if it stays dry. Otherwise, I’ll sort out my craft room .
Wishing all a good day with a smile along the way.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 03-Oct-21 08:37:17

Morning Mick and all

It’s grey here in my little corner of S E Essex, I am waiting for my cup of tea whilst in bed.

Not sure if we are going out for lunch with DD and GC or if DH will pop out and by a joint of something ?

Wishing you all a peaceful Sunday.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

Anniebach Sun 03-Oct-21 08:40:04

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Susan56 Sun 03-Oct-21 08:44:20

Good morning from Shropshire where the rain has finally stopped?

A day of rest is planned here.We are both feeling a bit washed out and it’s childcare tomorrow.

corner, your recovery seems to be going well.Good that you should be driving again in a few weeks?

We are vegetarian and my husband always says the same as you Grammaretto, just leave out the meat.He loves a roast with all the trimmings, just no meat!No need to apologise NanKate?

Thoughts with you grandmattie?and also harri,fairview,GrannySomerset and all with worries and struggles?

Have the best day you can all???