Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday 3rd October 2021

(43 Posts)
Michael12 Sun 03-Oct-21 06:10:14

Good Morning Everyone,
Its still dark but at the moment its dry here in Brackley , yesterdays plans did not work , travelled to Buckingham ,and then got Bus to Bicester , this was rerouted due to dreaded HS2 work on a railway bridge , plus with added rain , I returned home direct also queing at pumps hold ups, plus a M40 accident seeing traffic tailbacks .
Anyway a British winner inn first women's version of Paris -Roubaix cycle race nice to watch .
Will watch the main Paris -Roubaix today which will be interesting in the wet weather as like yesterday .
Take care,
Mick

harrigran Sun 03-Oct-21 08:44:26

Good morning from a sunny NE.
Did not get the early night I was anticipating. There was a music festival in a park four miles away and the music was so loud I could hear it over the television.
I reckoned they would have to stop at 11pm and bang on cue the heavens opened and we had torrential rain.
Sister and BIL came yesterday but DH slept all afternoon. BIL helped me look for the car key but still no joy.
DS and family will visit this afternoon, youngest GD was at school all day yesterday as it was open day for prospective pupils and present pupils show people round and give little talks.
Have to get on as nurse will be coming.
Kind thoughts to grandMattie and all who need a hug.

Susan56 Sun 03-Oct-21 08:45:38

Glad Miss Oops is on the mend?

kittylester Sun 03-Oct-21 08:50:24

Good morning all from a cloudy North Leicestershire (again)

Not much happening here today- chicken cacciatori (sp?) for a late lunch and a sit down with the papers!

Thinking of all with worries.

grandMattie Sun 03-Oct-21 08:51:26

May I say I have no problem with vegetarians, I just like to be prepared..
But the thing with “mincemeat” is the “meat” bit!

hollysteers Sun 03-Oct-21 08:57:34

Good morning Mick and all from a dull Lancashire coast.
Quiet day today, will make more smoothies with my apples and look at songs for music club on Tuesday.
Last night to play at local theatre, didn’t enjoy it, badly directed, too slow and turgid, but glad to be getting out and about again.
Came back and watched the film Brooklyn and enjoyed it. Gave the unread book of the film to the charity shop the other week knowing I wouldn’t read it.
Hope your get your keys sorted harrigran, you could do without that at the moment and thoughts to grandMattie.

Greyduster Sun 03-Oct-21 09:00:49

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from a sunny but cool South Yorkshire - welcome after yesterday’s heavy rain. DD is running in a fell race in the Peak District so I’m glad it’s dry, but it will be pretty muddy I imagine. We may venture out for a walk as DH is feeling better after his reaction to the flu jab - again. All this talk of vegetarians reminds me of when DD spent six months living with a French family while at uni. She did tell them she didn’t eat meat but still had some sort of game stew put in front of her. When she politely said she couldn’t eat it, horrified papa said “but it is good meat - I shot it myself!” Things did get better!
Have the best Sunday you can, folks.

Urmstongran Sun 03-Oct-21 09:14:12

Good morning everyone from South Manchester where we have sun shining at present and I can see the Pennines!

The Boy Wonder had football followed by a cross country race yesterday (he came 5th out of 45 runners and loved it, bringing home a medal) and today he starts golf lessons again - his dad takes him. Football is his ‘best’ he tells me, followed by golf apparently.

A roast lamb dinner with loads of veggies (had so many meals in Malaga that had chips & salad!) and Himself will pick up my stepfather who is joining us to eat it all.
?

brook2704 Sun 03-Oct-21 09:20:32

Good luck to your friend running today Jax it’ll be a big achievement ? hoping the weather stays dry too
It’s just running the 26mikes along the side of the loch grandmajean no water or paddling involved as far as I know!

Gelisajams Sun 03-Oct-21 09:22:21

Good morning from Morecambe Bay where it’s still raining. I have a trip to Manchester today so I’m not looking forward to driving down the motorway in the torrential showers. I am going down to paint DS2’s bathroom! I must be mad but he isn’t physically able to do it himself.
Thinking of all with bigger problems. Take care and stay safe everyone ?

Nannytopsy Sun 03-Oct-21 09:25:16

Good morning Mick and all his followers. Grey skies in Suffolk but it is dry and forecast to remain so today and tomorrow. The bags of soil etc are lined up along the back of the garden, ready to be emptied into the new bed. Then I can plant the last of the things I brought from the old house, two years ago. ( And the new plants I have bought too! ?). I hope to be finished by the end of tomorrow.
It sounds like yesterday was a day of frustrating journeys so I am glad we stayed at home. None of our local garages have fuel yet. ‘Local’ means one of the two within 10 miles - this is a rural area. Even the three local towns have intermittent supplies and many people can’t risk using what little fuel they have on the off chance of getting more.
I shall go and search the freezer for some tea. I hope the day is kind to everyone.

Urmstongran Sun 03-Oct-21 09:27:05

Dark clouds are gathering here now Gelisajam so take care.
☔️

EkwaNimitee Sun 03-Oct-21 09:27:08

Good Morning Mick and everyone from grey damp Carlisle. It was raining heavily when I got up, then the sun threatened to come out but it's now looking rather like more rain. I think that might be the story for the day. I didn't get any bulbs potted up yesterday, by lunchtime the sun had vanished and it rained heavily for the rest of the day.
I'm doing some of the laundry today because I won't be able to on Monday or Tuesday. Otherwise, it will be a quiet day of reading and scanning in more photos. My pile of albums is diminishing steadily.
Love the cats, Ashcombe, they all seem to get up to naughty things when they think you're not there but you've caught them out!
Wishing you all the best possible day.

BlueSapphire Sun 03-Oct-21 09:49:30

Good morning everyone from an overcast Northampton, but the sun keeps trying to peek through the clouds.

Got soaked yesterday going to rugby; had a lift down from my neighbour, but he parks so far away from the ground that we got thoroughly wet walking in. Was glad by the time I got to my seat that we were well sheltered and completely dry. Still got wet again on the walk back to the car! A nailbiting finish to the match but we clung on for a narrow undeserved win 23-21. Alls well that ends well.....

The fire and heating went on when I got in and I enjoyed my lovely hotpot from the slow cooker.

I have my appointment for my Covid booster, next Saturday, the same day as my flu jab, but in a different place! DS has kindly offered to take me to both.

Nothing planned for today, a sausage butty for breakfast, and steak for dinner tonight. Other than that read the papers and knitting.

Wishing all a pleasant Sunday.

Sar53 Sun 03-Oct-21 10:11:54

Good morning from a cloudy Essex by the sea, but the torrential rain of yesterday has stopped thank goodness.

DH has gone to watch his grandsons play rugby and later we will go to our local pub to watch his football team play.

DGD3 won player of the match in her football game yesterday, she plays in goal, and apparently she stopped a goal with a ball in the face. A cuddle from Daddy helped.

Have a pleasant Sunday everyone xxx

aggie Sun 03-Oct-21 10:18:16

Good Morning to all , readers and poster alike
I am sitting in next door while my lovely lady cleans , she has already found a key I lost , under the bed she says , very disapprovingly, so I am hiding
I think she has had her COVID vaccine but I open all doors and windows still as we had a discussion about it early on
I get a different view of the garden here , the Acer is turning red , the hydrangeas are turning rust from white and the Rozanne geranium is blooming it’s head off ! The Osteospernum is still throwing out a few blooms , the Japanese anemone is taking over , we need to thin it , everything set off by the green foliage in many shades ! Autumn is getting into its wet stride , but still not too cold
I’m still crocheting , I can’t sit and do nothing

MayBeMaw Sun 03-Oct-21 10:20:57

A very late Good Morning!
At least it has stopped raining at last so I might get the tidying in the garden done that I had planned for yesterday .
Otherwise no plans- I do have the bins and recycling to put out and there is always washing to put away and bits to do in the house but I still feel Sunday should be a day of rest - but in retirement that is pretty much like the other days!
Good luck to any Marathon runners (I wonder if GabriellaG ever completed hers? ) and the good causes they are supporting.
There was a raft of Macmillan coffee mornings around here last week and lots of delicious cakes to enjoy with a clear conscience as it’s in a good cause.
Wishing you all a pleasant Sunday!

Kim19 Sun 03-Oct-21 10:31:18

Good (mid) morning all. I'm still in bed currently regurgitating what I've just listened to on Andrew Marr. Thank goodness I'm lying down! Lovely rays of sunshine streaming through the windows up here in the North. With a bit of luck I'll be able to plant some bulbs today. Should have been in by September! The site is prepared. Just the digging and interrment to see to. Have to remember the padding for the knees! Lovely call from S2 suggesting dinner on Wednesday. Magic! That's my highlight for the day. Hope you all find one too.