Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday 11th October 2021

(45 Posts)
Michael12 Mon 11-Oct-21 06:03:55

Good Morning Everyone ,
Its a dark but dry start here in Brackley this morning.
I have my chiropodist visiting this morning, then I may nip into Banbury to arrange a fitting of blinds for my kitchen.
I watch the "Larkins " last night on ITV , and felt it resembled another programme of many years ago "Darling Buds of May".
Take Care,
Mick

Dogsmakemesmile Mon 11-Oct-21 16:30:54

Good afternoon from a still dry Scottish Borders. Had lovely morning out in Kelso. Stunning journey as the trees are changing colour and the sky a deep blue. Picked up some Halloween gifts for any children who appear on the 31st and some treats. Then drove to a nearby pottery and bought a couple of their soap dishes. They are beautiful and have holes in them which stops the soap turning into gunk. Obviously if you clean your soap dish every day that won't happen...Had coffee out too. Feel energised. Best wishes to you all.

Blossom5 Mon 11-Oct-21 15:02:35

Good morning all, good morning Monday I was lucky enough to squeeze a mammogram before starting work this morning, not lucky for the procedure as much as lucky for a nice earlier appointment ?

Jaxjacky Mon 11-Oct-21 12:54:22

Not really good enough GrannySomerset can you try another company?

Auntieflo Mon 11-Oct-21 11:57:43

Good morning Mick, Annie and all.
Marydoll, it is so nice to have you back here with us. Be kind to yourself and let's hope the Dr's can sort you out.
I have just been for a blood test, and DH has had one cancelled. He is going to have to go to a hospital, luckily not too far away, but there were many mutterings whilst he was trying to book the on line appointment. Still, it's done now.
GrandMattie, and Harrigran thinking of you both each day
Wishing you all have a good day.

grandMattie Mon 11-Oct-21 11:22:55

aggie

grandMattie thank you , I have sent you a PM

let us know the result!

Blossoming Mon 11-Oct-21 10:50:55

Good morning Mick and all from cool and bright Lancashire. Lovely to see the sun, and there’s a rather chilly wind. I need to do some laundry today so will be able to line dry it.

I hope you all have the best day you can.

aggie Mon 11-Oct-21 10:45:39

grandMattie thank you , I have sent you a PM

GrandmasueUK Mon 11-Oct-21 10:44:49

Good morning all from a sunny Greater Manchester again. I've had a supermarket delivery and put everything away. I can't understand how I'm not brilliant at Tetris, when I manage to put things into an already crammed freezer!

We had the most delightful Facetime with family last night. Youngest grandson is very excited about Halloween and Christmas and is mixing things up with visits. He thinks I am going to see them today sad - I wish! The older one remembers the sets of books I had for him and eating the chocolates off the Christmas tree the last time they were here - that was half his lifetime ago.

I'm going to start preparing some new lino cuttings for making Christmas cards. I really enjoyed doing that last year, but it was so messy and I got red paint everywhere. It looked like a bloodbath in the conservatory. Good job I'd put down lots of newspaper and wipeable cloths!

Still waiting for my Godson and the boiler quote as well.

Hoping all goes well for those with hospital visits.

Thinking of missing posters and wishing those in pain, or with troubles a peaceful day. flowers

Nannytopsy Mon 11-Oct-21 09:58:39

Good morning Mick and all his followers. Suffolk is hazily sunny this morning and the garden is calling quite loudly. DH and I have both been sleeping badly but last night was brilliant and we didn’t stir until 9.30!

A belated Happy Anniversary to kitty and good luck with all the hospital appointments. It seems like GN’s day with the NHS!
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

Georgesgran Mon 11-Oct-21 09:44:38

Good morning from Durham where I hope our Indian Summer continues. Had a gifted afternoon tea at Baltic yesterday - the views up and down the Tyne are glorious.
Car hunting today for me and DD2 with her Motability agreement. She’s has a shortlist, but going to need something much bigger than her Mini to take both her wheelchair and DGS pram wheels which we’ll take with us!
BF retires today so I’ll drop by later with a card and a bottle.
Hope we can all make the best of these shortening days. X

Stilllearning Mon 11-Oct-21 09:22:07

Morning from S Lanarkshire, cloudy and cool but not wet thank goodness.

I’ve had an adventurous couple of days thanks to my dicky heart, spent most of yesterday in hospital but am home now, tired but relieved that I’m being sent back to the cardiologist I trust. Every cloud etc! One of my daughters is staying with me for a night or two, I really don’t need it but the company is lovely so I’m accepting gratefully.

Now waiting for the Sky engineer to arrive and look at my new Q box which has that worst of all complaints, an ‘intermittent fault’. I spend half the time getting it to behave but at the moment, needless to say, it’s working perfectly.

Good wishes to everyone, hope your holiday with family is going well baubles???

EkwaNimitee Mon 11-Oct-21 09:21:39

Good morning Mick and everyone from a rather grey Carlisle where it's still deciding whether to brighten up or not.
I did get out in the garden yesterday, removed more lawn and planted some bulbs.
Today is the usual day when I try to dispose of most of the weeks housework and get the laundry done. I've already had a phone call from the surgery wanting more blood, this time for the hospital as they are resuming venesections again to reduce my excessive iron and I am booked for the end of the month.
Fingers crossed Ashcombe, this is a worrying start to the season for you.
Wishing you all a positive day.

grandMattie Mon 11-Oct-21 09:18:14

Aggie, I’ve got the easiest boiled fruit recipe ever. Pm me if you want it.

hollysteers Mon 11-Oct-21 09:12:13

Good morning Mick and followers from Cloudy Chambers, Lancashire coast.
Quiet day at home today and a good nights sleep after dropping off in the middle of a Poirot. I can’t remember which episodes I have seen, which is irritating and should make a note as hate rewatching things.
Thoughts to grandMattie and *harrigran
Have a good day.

GrannySomerset Mon 11-Oct-21 09:05:22

Heating engineer can’t come before Wednesday despite my abject grovelling so hoping that the weather doesn’t change before we are sorted out. In the meantime I have three large vacuum jugs filled with hot water so that hand washing doesn’t have to be done in cold water and thick sweaters have been brought out for the evenings. Could do without all this.

Hoping Marydoll’s hospital visit is helpful, that harrigran has a well supported day, that Ashcombe’s wonderful group can find a way through and that Cornergran continues to improve, albeit more slowly than she would like. Back to boiling the kettle!

dragonfly46 Mon 11-Oct-21 09:00:50

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire.

Just received a text to book in for my booster jab!

Happy belated Wedding Anniversary kitty although I sent you greetings elsewhere.

Thinking of grandMattie and Harrigran.

Mapleleaf Mon 11-Oct-21 08:59:45

Good morning from a chilly but bright South Yorkshire.

Various household chores today, but first I’ve got a catch up Pilates class to attend shortly.

Went car hunting yesterday. My goodness, it’s a bit overwhelming. It’s years since I bought mine, and now there are so many different kinds available. I’m thinking of getting a non plug in hybrid for the replacement, not brand new as they are too expensive. Saw one possibility yesterday, but the search goes on.

I hope that all of you with hospital appointments hear good news with positive action plans for going forward.

Kitty it sounds as if your anniversary meal yesterday went well and was enjoyable. Belated anniversary wishes to you and Mr K ??.

Take care everyone.

aggie Mon 11-Oct-21 08:52:30

Good Morning everyone, dull mild and still here , forecast is for the same all week
I made a fruit loaf yesterday , I had soaked the fruit overnight , it smelt delicious but I was a bit dubious , it was really heavy . Sure enough it was extremely heavy , and damp , Paul and Prue would not have approved ! We tried toasting a slice ! After a few Rennes it’s in the compost bin !

Pittcity Mon 11-Oct-21 08:49:03

Good morning from a brightening Colchester. Still trying to get used to the house and need to get the heating and ventilation right as we woke to windows streaming with condensation.
Waiting in for deliveries today as items for our new bathroom are starting to arrive. A new extractor fan there will help the condensation problem.

Love to all xx

Forsythia Mon 11-Oct-21 08:48:09

Good morning all from south London where it’s bright but cloudy. A couple of medical appointments today will keep us in and out of the house and then some gardening and a walk if we can. Hope everyone has a good day and we all make the most of it when and how we can. Thoughts and best wishes to those going through bad times right now.

Anniebach Mon 11-Oct-21 08:35:28

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Urmstongran Mon 11-Oct-21 08:33:49

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where we have a decent weather forecast. It’s mild & no rain is expected. As I don’t have a garden I’m planning to spend a couple of hours in the Loungers Bar downstairs. I pretend it’s my own conservatory - Sainsbury’s is my larder too!

I’m going down with a new neighbour. She moved into this development last summer whilst we were stuck in Spain and when we returned she was shielding because her husband was receding treatment for cancer. They live 3 doors along from us and best of all, I’ve known her for 30y! Plus, she was a line manager at the hospital we both used to work at. We will have much catching up to do - I’m so looking forward to spending this afternoon together!
??

Enjoy Monday all who can. x

Grammaretto Mon 11-Oct-21 08:33:18

Good morning from the Scottish Borders. It's mild but wet so far. DD and the DGC are arriving soon for an overnight and will be calling on MiL I am base camp.
It's nice that I have the space still and haven't downsized.

I've been looking into energy grants for a different form of heating. My gas boiler is over 40 yrs old and not economical. It's been so good though, I am sure a new system wouldn't last but I daresay I wouldn't need it to!

Sounds like it was a busy but happy day for you Harrigran.
Jax you are a brave girl!
I am glad you enjoyed your anniversary meal Kitty it sounds really nice.

Marydoll I hope the hospital visit isn't too stressful and the team can send you home with a good plan.

Lovely photo Corner

Jaxjacky Mon 11-Oct-21 08:10:11

Good morning all from a dry, very high cloud, S Hants. Grandmadinosaur I too braved the scales this morning, oh, oh, I’ve been blasé for months, but numbers don’t lie, at least 10lb needs to go.
Sounds like a lovely lunch kitty at a unique location.
Your news seems a bit serious Ashcombe hopefully a way through can be found.
More broken sleep harrigran, hope your arm settles down, thoughts with you ? And the indomitable grandMattie.
Have the best day you can all, with healing ❤️‍? for those in need ??

monk08 Mon 11-Oct-21 08:08:30

Good morning all from the Black country, looks a promising day ahead. Yesterday managed to get both lawns mowed and the garden cleared of any weeds, its garden bin day tomorrow so just in time.
DH has a new phone arriving some time today hopefully they'll be early we can then go for a walk round the arboretum.
Thoughts with missing posters and virtual hugs where needed, best wishes for anyone celebrating.
Enjoy your day and may you all find some ?.