Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's wonderful, warm and welcoming kitchen

(1001 Posts)
kittylester Fri 12-Nov-21 17:43:48

Hoping no-one else has done this.

We need to get things organised for soop's return.

Marydoll Fri 12-Nov-21 19:53:23

A message from Soop

You lot had better be behaving yourselves. I will probably return to the Kitchen on Sunday, (if I can find it) and give you all my news.
I would like cake and none of that low calorie rubbish!

soop phoned me after she got out of surgery, she was quite groggy, but relieved it was all over. She will spend another night in hospital and the surgeon will speak to her tomorrow, once she has a had a good rest.
Her friend hopes to pick her up tomorrow and take her home.
Mr Soop has had a wee dram and was mightily relieved to hear from Soop
Also she was worried about the Kitchen closing, I reassured her that she was wasting her energy, Kitty had already opened the new one. I passed on all the good wishes on here.

It has been quite a distressing day and thank goodness for the support of Kalu and Baggs, when I was struggling to support Soop and find a solution. Gransnet at its very best, where we all pull together. Soop was blissfully unaware of the wheels turning in the background. wink

I will love you and leave you all. Cheese straws and a dip await. Sadly I am not allowed alcohol, a cheeky, wee Trebiano, would be the perfect end to a tiring day.

PS I had to stop typing, as I have received a message from Soop. She seems in good spirits.

dragonfly46 Fri 12-Nov-21 20:03:08

Feelingmyage flowers

brook2704 Fri 12-Nov-21 20:08:03

Thank you again marydoll that’s good to hear. Wishing soop all the very best for a speedy recovery. Hoping mrsoop is feeling relieved too

Susan56 Fri 12-Nov-21 20:23:23

Thank you for the latest update Marydoll, good to hear our dear soop is in good spirits and that Mr soop is feeling relieved and enjoying a wee dram.

It really has been gransnet at its best today.Massive thanks to you,Kalu and Baggs???

Jaxjacky Fri 12-Nov-21 20:24:29

Good news soop is recovering, fingers crossed for the best outcome. Mrsoop deserves more than a wee dram, tough for him too,
I hope soops friend is ok on her own in the hotel, maybe MD, Kalu or Baggs have been able to be in contact and perhaps provide company, she must be quite lonely on her own, what a lovely friend.
FIL now too weak to move to hospice, we’ll await the phone call.

Urmstongran Fri 12-Nov-21 20:30:03

GrannyGravy13

A new kitchen is always a joy

Good to learn soop has had her op

DiL is now waiting for results, we have everything crossed.

And so say all of us GG13. xx

Urmstongran Fri 12-Nov-21 20:31:09

Oh Jax ?

Calistemon Fri 12-Nov-21 20:41:35

Thank you again Marydoll and Kalu and Baggs too.

JaxJacky there has been so much sadness in the past couple of years

Calistemon Fri 12-Nov-21 20:43:22

I meant to post ? for soop and ? for Jaxjacky* and others who are undergoing difficult times.

Jaxjacky Fri 12-Nov-21 20:55:27

Sorry GG13. I’m wishing the best result for your DIL ??.

TillyTrotter Fri 12-Nov-21 21:08:10

Wishing a speedy recovery for soop. ?
Grannygravy and Jaxjacky - thinking of you and your loved ones at this time ?
Get well soon Urmston ‘s little Miss.
Thank you for sharing news Marydoll and thank you kitty for organising the new kitchen. ?
As always it is a comforting haven due to all you special kitchen friends.

Dogsmakemesmile Fri 12-Nov-21 21:17:31

Jax look after yourself. You have a lot to carry.x

Doodle Fri 12-Nov-21 21:19:35

jaxjacky ?
feelingmyage sorry for your troubles. Thank you for the cake

Doodle Fri 12-Nov-21 21:21:31

Calistemon we woz good gurls (some of the time) ?

Calistemon Fri 12-Nov-21 21:25:12

You tort me very norty ways, Doodle.
But I always did my homework wink

mrshat Fri 12-Nov-21 21:38:54

Thanks to Marydoll, Kalu and Baggs for all 'doings' in relation to dear soop. Well done, it is much appreciated by us lot.
Thanks for the new kitchen kitty and good wishes and vibes to all particularly those troubled in any way. flowers

brook2704 Fri 12-Nov-21 21:39:07

So sad Jax thinking of you at this difficult time ?

Marydoll Fri 12-Nov-21 21:41:35

Soop's friend is not in a hotel, she is spending the night with her daughter in Fife tonight and will drive through tomorrow.
A true friend.

Sorry to hear your news Jaxjacky.
So much pain here tonight. ?

Urmstongran Fri 12-Nov-21 21:43:15

At this chatty rate well be opening another new kitchen by Sunday.
?

brook2704 Fri 12-Nov-21 21:47:30

I meant to say earlier thanks so much for opening the new kitchen kitty and getting it ready for soops return. I’ve been busy with the DGC who are staying over tonight and as it’s Friday they’re a bit later in bed than usual ?. I could do with a Friday glass of wine but I don’t have one when looking after the DGC just in case of anything!

Also to echo the other thank yous to kalu and baggs today, what lovely friends we have in the kitchen

Charleygirl5 Fri 12-Nov-21 22:12:41

kitty thanks so much for opening a new kitchen and Marydoll thank you so much for keeping us informed.
TOYA

Kalu Fri 12-Nov-21 22:48:29

Finally received my return call from ward Sister with reassurance that Soop is doing well and comfortable. Not being a family member was all I, understandably was informed. . I tried phoning Soop but realised she would be groggy from the anaesthetic and tired so decided I will call her in the morning. If Soop is up for it and it is allowed, I will pop up to see her.

Kalu Fri 12-Nov-21 22:57:54

So sorry to read of your sad news Jax
Best wishes and strength to you and your family. ?

Blossoming Fri 12-Nov-21 23:29:41

So sorry Jax x

Hellogirl1 Fri 12-Nov-21 23:45:01

So sorry Jaxjacky.
Marydoll, thank you so much for the updates about Soop, I hope she won`t be feeling too rough in the morning. As for cake, she`s quite partial to lemon drizzle cake.
Thanks also to Kitty for opening the new kitchen, I hope Soop has directions for finding us.
Hopefully Mr Soop will have a good night tonight, after hearing the news about his lovely lady.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion