Gransnet forums

Chat

Chucking the apple in the bin !

(31 Posts)
JeanneLeFol Wed 17-Nov-21 17:34:22

I didn’t realise how slow my old iPhone was ( bought second hand some years ago but still getting updates ) until a neighbour passed me her new iPhone yesterday to show me something on it.
There is no way I can afford a new iPhone so it will have to be an Android. Have any of you successfully moved from an iPhone to android ? I’ve been looking online at Motorola smartphones as I don’t want to have to sell a kidney to buy one. All advice much appreciated !!

Zoejory Thu 18-Nov-21 12:33:54

Auntieflo

Am I the only one, who from the OP's heading, imagined her eating an apple, then taking aim and lobbing the core in the bin?
Apologies for going off piste.

Totally. That's just what I thought when I read it smile

Shinamae Thu 18-Nov-21 12:35:21

Auntieflo

Am I the only one, who from the OP's heading, imagined her eating an apple, then taking aim and lobbing the core in the bin?
Apologies for going off piste.

You’re not the only one! ?

Shinamae Thu 18-Nov-21 12:37:13

If it’s an iPad I stretch to buy a new one, I always go for an iPad mini. With the phones I get reconditioned iPhone with 12 months guarantee, I get it from an independent business in town, I think I have an iPhone 8 at the moment and it cost me just under £200. Over the years I have tried several different android phones but just cannot get on with them

Visgir1 Thu 18-Nov-21 16:25:03

All the younger people I work with use Android now.
I always used Samsung but gone Oppo this time. Fabulous phone and Camera. Did my research prior came out well, I have had now over 1 year, great battery, fast charge and basically its the same as a Samsung, but much cheaper.
Even talked DH into getting one, he's pleased too.

maddyone Thu 18-Nov-21 17:44:37

I’ve got an iPhone 8 at the moment. My son gave it to me when he upgraded his iPhone. I like it because it links with my iPad.