Gransnet forums

Chat

This made me cry (in a good way)

(28 Posts)
Sashabel Thu 18-Nov-21 16:40:00

I know I'm feeling a little low today after starting chemo again yesterday, but my daughter has just phoned me to see how I am and told me about what my gorgeous 5 year old grandson said last night.
He was reading his key stage 1 story book in bed which was a shortened version of Beauty and the Beast. Near the end of the book the beast gives Bella (not Belle in this version) a mirror so that when she looks into it she will see him and see if he is well. At the end of the book there are some questions to check if the reader understood the story. One of them was "Would you like a magic mirror like the one the beast gave Bella?" My grandson immediately said yes and when asked by my daughter who he would like to see in it, he said "Nana, and then I can see her getting better"
I love him so much

Kalu Fri 19-Nov-21 19:17:59

Oh my, Sashabel, such powerful emotions reading your post.
What a thoughtful boy your grandson is.
Wishing you all the best on your chemo journey. ?

Grannmarie Fri 19-Nov-21 19:29:07

Wishing you well, Sashabel and thank you for sharing such a personal feel good story.

What a thoughtful wee boy! If you feel up to it, maybe write down this story in a special notebook, to share with your lovely grandchildren in the future? I am sure there will be other special memories to add to it as this kind young man, and his wee brother, grow up.