Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday 20th November 2021

(50 Posts)
Michael12 Sat 20-Nov-21 06:00:31

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and cloudy out there this morning in brackley , I will do my usual by getting bus to Bicester via Buckingham , but may return direct .
Yesterday , was very busy in Bicester both in the town and also traffic heading to Bicester Village was on the increase.
Later hoping to get my usual Saturday evening Chinese Take Away .
Also the ache from the jab has stopped.
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Sat 20-Nov-21 06:17:27

Good morning from a still,dark, overcast E Kent.
Yesterday, it was incredibly warm for the time of year in the morning then it turned chilly after lunch. We did benefit from lots of sunshine ☀️. Did anyone see the lunar eclipse last night? It was too cloudy here.
Congratulations, grandmadinosaur on your new granddaughter. New babies are so life affirming. ?
Had a lovely time with my friend, just chatting over a very nice toastie.
Today, nothing much. DH may take me to Lidl to see the Christmas goodies. The last time I went there was at the end of July with DS1 before he returned to India! (I do drive, etc., but DH prefers to take me, then whinges for the whole shop! It is very discouraging if I want to browse)
I hope today is kind to everyone with difficulties, esp. Urms and her super cold, and all those with health issues. Carpe diem. ???☀️?☀️??

farview Sat 20-Nov-21 06:21:23

Morning Mick and everyone!...dark but dry here in Lancashire...not slept well..our car was smashed into on Monday,..on our drive!!! Been declared a write off...have to start looking for a decent second hand one now...made difficult by H's developing memory problems...Christmas approaching and my Dubai family arriving in a couple of weeks...so much to do and need a car where we live..
Take care all..Scentias smiles much needed...?

Jaxjacky Sat 20-Nov-21 06:55:10

Good morning all from a dark, but dry, S Hants, I’ve had a restless night too. That’s terrible farview, what a shock, you’d think it would’ve been safe there.
Not much on, must book to get my ears suctioned, left one is the main culprit, it’s an expensive job now the surgery doesn’t do it.
Hoping baubles and Urmstongran are improving along with any others poorly. Wishing you all some ?and the odd ??.

Grandmabatty Sat 20-Nov-21 06:58:30

Good morning all. It is dry at the moment but it has rained overnight. I have a new grandson born last night! Both mother and baby are doing well now. My daughter was taken very ill yesterday morning with dangerously high blood pressure. So the family have been very concerned. Thankfully she is better and her and I have been messaging backwards and forwards most of the night. Needless to say, I haven't slept much so I'm going to be tired. I have seen a photo and he is a gorgeous wee button.
I have nothing planned for today and may go back to sleep. Have a good day all.

Sar53 Sat 20-Nov-21 07:03:06

Good morning from Essex by the sea.
I'm another who hasn't slept well and have woken up with a headache.
Congratulations Grandmabatty on the birth of your grandson, I'm pleased that all is now well with your daughter.
Enjoy Saturday everyone xx

grandMattie Sat 20-Nov-21 07:03:24

farview, so sorry about smashed car. Hope you manage to get a replacement quickly.
jax all the best with your suctioned ears.
batty, wonderful news about baby boy ❤️, but you must be so worried about your DD. Hope it resolves itself without too much delay or problems.

Jaxjacky Sat 20-Nov-21 07:17:03

Many congratulations Grandmabatty I know you were concerned, all’s well ?.

Pantglas2 Sat 20-Nov-21 07:18:01

Morning Mick from a dry and dark north Wales where I’m awaiting the chamberpot ☕️ and newspaper ? whilst rejoicing that I seemed to have gained an hour’s sleep after my jab!

How lovely to have baby ? girl and boy GRandmadinosaur and Grandmabatty!

A trot to our butcher In Conwy, on the bus now that the strike is suspended, and coffee is the highlight of our day, weekend even!

A good weekend for all ?

brook2704 Sat 20-Nov-21 07:29:14

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s still dark with rain in the forecast

What wonderful news grandmabatty you must be thrilled, many congratulations to you and your family ???

We’re off out soon to give DD2 and DGD a lift to the train station as they’re off to the theatre in Aberdeen so see the musical Bedknobs and Broomsticks. They’ll have a great time but it’s not DGS thing so we’re looking after him and treating him to breakfast out somewhere later.

What an awful thing to happen to your car farview I hope you manage to get sorted soon as it sounds like a busy time for you

Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings ?

Susan56 Sat 20-Nov-21 07:32:39

Good morning from Shropshire.

Today is our granddaughters sixth birthday.She is having a party for her friends this morning then we will go over for a family party this afternoon.

Congratulations Grandmabatty?and Grandmadinosaur ?on the new arrivals.Such lovely news.Hope both the mums soon recover from their difficult pregnancies.

What a shock fairview.Look after yourself as well as everyone else?

Hoping Cherry and all in the sick bay are feeling better today.Thinking of all with struggles and worries??

Marydoll Sat 20-Nov-21 07:35:16

Good morning all from a damp Glasgow, 10°. Glad to here you had little side effects, Mick.

Its lovely to wake up to news of two new grandchildren here. Congratulations to everyone. Take it easy GMB and GMD, you will need all your energy for the coming days.???

Farview, what a shocking experience for you. I hope you manage to get something sorted quickly.

I have no plans for today, apart from chilling. I woke up feeling unwell during the night, it always seems worse in the wee small hours, doesn't it? I hope you are on the mend, Urms.

Grandmattie, I would have accompanied you to Lidl, the problem is that we would have been there for hours! Mr MDoll always moans about going if I ask, then he is the one who has to scrutinise everything in the middle aisle and we are there for ages.

We had a delightful dinner with Dollie, she knew we were visiting, but not that we were staying for dinner. I thought she was going to burst with joy, when we sat down at the table.
Papa and I were treated to a ballet lesson, I'm so glad there was no audience to see how ridiculous this wee, fat lady looked trying to execute her moves! ?
We of course had the enevitible strop, because we were leaving. ? Daddy messaged to say, she was asleep within half an hour of us leaving. Grandparents do tire them out, don't they? ?

Enjoy your day, whatever your plans and virtual hugs for those with pain or sorry to deal with.?

Gingster Sat 20-Nov-21 07:35:28

Good morning all. Very still and dull here in Essex.

I’m going to shop as soon as I’ve had my first cuppa. We have family coming for lunch tomorrow so I’ll be cooking and baking this afternoon while DH goes to a local footie match with DS1. They share a birthday this week and are very close. ?. DH’s sister phoned yesterday . They only contact each other once a year. There’s been No falling out but just no bond between them. Neither of them bother! We had a nice longish chat and then I passed her over to her brother. Five minutes later he was off the phone. ?. I find it strange as I’m very close to my brothers and we speak every week. Oh well!

Congrats to grandmabatty and grandma dinosaur. Lovely babies to love and cherish.

Hoping you all have a pleasant day.????

Marydoll Sat 20-Nov-21 07:43:44

Susan, its Dollie's sixth birthday party today also. She is having a party with five friends at home, making pizzas and Christmas biscuits. No boys allowed, because daddy will box the ears of any boy^, who dares to speak to her, before he sends her to a convent! ?
DD is a very talented cake maker and has had to make two cakes. The one I tried is absolutely delicious. There is so much cake floating about ( it was a light as a feather), that I have brought some home for my neighbours, who sent birthday gifts. People are so kind! ?

Susan56 Sat 20-Nov-21 07:48:43

Mary, M is having a party at home for her little group of friends too!Also no boys allowed!!

Gwenisgreat1 Sat 20-Nov-21 07:50:43

Good morning all from dry Harrogate
Congratulations on the birth of a new grandchild Grandmabatty
I can sympathise farview. That happened to us. I had nipped home from work to pick up my car, an hour later speedsters had smashed into our gatepost which landed on DH’s car. We were so lucky we till had my car to use.
This afternoon I have DGd to look after, if the weather is dry we’ll take her to the park, but she will probably want to be glued to the telly most of the time.
Will try to come back later to see what you’ve been up to!
Have the best day possible!

maydonoz Sat 20-Nov-21 08:00:01

Good morning all GNs from a dry but still dark central Herts.
Congrats to GMB and GMD on the new babies in the family, hope the Mums recover soon.
Am still recovering after a few hectic days in Dublin meeting up with family, some sightseeing and a lot of walking, but very enjoyable.
Today was meant to be a quiet home day, but just realised we've got some supermarket coupons that will soon expire if not spent, but we mustn't let that happen! and so to the nearest one and buy a few extra things.
Wishing all a pleasant and restful weekend where possible.

Grandmajean Sat 20-Nov-21 08:01:10

Good morning.
Delighted to hear that all went well ,Grandmabatty and you have a new grandson. You will sleep tonight !
My sympathy Farview That happened to my daughter's car years ago. I do hope you get it sorted soon.
Good wishes to all who have worries.

Grammaretto Sat 20-Nov-21 08:04:05

Good morning from the Scottish Borders. Mild again.
Lovely baby news grandmabatty and grandmadinosaur though worry about the mums.
My niece at last had her baby boy yesterday 12 days late and 10lbs. All well.
Have a good day everyone.

cornergran Sat 20-Nov-21 08:13:23

Morning Mick, morning All. Grey cloud over our corner of Somerset. Eeyore is back.

Really tired this morning after a busy two days, enjoyed every minute so it was worth it. Other than feeding the washing machine little on the agenda today. Our new neighbours are finally having their furniture delivered, they are very excited, would it be very wrong to sit and watch from a window?

Many congratulations grandmadinosaur and grandmabatty. What a palaver farview, hope it’s more easily sorted than you fear.

The girls only birthday parties made me smile. Our Littlest, a boy, is off to a girls sixth birthday party today. Hope he knows how lucky he is smile.

Take care everyone. Hope Saturday is gentle with us all.

cornergran Sat 20-Nov-21 08:14:56

Congratulations to you all grammaretto, more wonderful news.

Pittcity Sat 20-Nov-21 08:24:07

Good morning from cloudy Cornwall. Mild and dry today. Haven't made any plans yet.
Yesterday we had fish and chips in St. Ives.
It's lovely to just sit here and watch the sea. As it's the weekend there are a lot of swimmers and surfers. I'll keep my coat on thank you!
Our builders at home are working on a Saturday. We weren't expecting that.
Lots of love ? x

Jaxjacky Sat 20-Nov-21 08:29:10

More baby congratulations to you Grammaretto that’s a decent weight!

BlueSapphire Sat 20-Nov-21 08:29:33

Good morning everyone from a grey but dry Northampton, no idea what is forecast. Should have been meeting a friend at a Christmas market today but she texted last night to say she was going to watch her niece riding in a competition, and would I like to come as well. So that will be interesting. I shall have to find some extra-warm clothes.

Had a good trip to town yesterday, found a lovely new watch which I am very pleased with, but eventually decided against the orange bag. I looked at it again, decided it looked cheap and nothing special and not worth the price. Had lunch and a glass of Prosecco in town, then managed to get a nice top to wear for our ballet show tomorrow. Felt uncomfortable on the bus coming home as it was packed to the gills.

Congratulations on your new grandson, Grandmabatty; glad your daughter is better now.

Take care and stay safe everyone.

Pittcity Sat 20-Nov-21 08:30:56

Congratulations Grammaretto???