Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday 20th November 2021

(51 Posts)
Michael12 Sat 20-Nov-21 06:00:31

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and cloudy out there this morning in brackley , I will do my usual by getting bus to Bicester via Buckingham , but may return direct .
Yesterday , was very busy in Bicester both in the town and also traffic heading to Bicester Village was on the increase.
Later hoping to get my usual Saturday evening Chinese Take Away .
Also the ache from the jab has stopped.
Take Care,
Mick

AGAA4 Sat 20-Nov-21 08:33:07

Good morning everyone from North Wales. Cloudy and mild here.
I am sitting here wondering whether to go into town or just have a good walk ?.
DD1 has gone off to the Lake District to meet her University friends. They have been friends for 27 years.
I am finding housework difficult since I hurt my back. I can't do anything that requires bending.
Hope everyone has a good day.

baubles Sat 20-Nov-21 08:34:19

Good morning all from damp South Lanarkshire.

Thank you for your kindness, thankfully I’m almost back in the land of the living. I haven’t ever experienced such a severe bout of gastroenteritis and I’m shocked at how I’ll I was. Still, onwards and upwards now. How is your friend’s daughter now Marydoll?

Great news about your new grandson Grandmabatty, I hope your DD recovers quickly. A new baby for your family too Grammaretto, how lovely.

Envious of your visit to Dublin maydonoz, It’s been ages since I’ve seen my family there.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.

Anniebach Sat 20-Nov-21 08:34:28

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

multicolourswapshop Sat 20-Nov-21 08:36:34

Good morning everyone from the east coast of Fife where the suns rising beautifully. This household has had one of the best nights sleep in a long time smile I’m going to add a tin of tomatoes and some basil (perhaps a potato ) to my homemade tomato soup I made yesterday, fingers crossed it’ll taste better. shock today otherwise I’ll just have to scrap it hmm

Have a lovely Saturday all who are in need, hugs to you allflowers

ginny Sat 20-Nov-21 08:41:35

Good morning to you all.
Congratulations to Grandmabatty on your new Grandson
So busy yesterday and by 8.30 pm I had fallen asleep on the settee. I think perhaps it was partly to do with having my booster on Thursday.
Family lunch at an Italian restaurant today . A belated celebration for Son- in -Law.
Small food shop to do first so better get going.
Wishing a good day for all with a smile along the way.

dragonfly46 Sat 20-Nov-21 08:46:17

Good morning from cloudy Leicestershire.

How lovely to hear of all the new babies, congratulations to all.

Another one with no sleep last night. I had to take granddoggy to the hospital last night as he was in pain. They kept him in overnight. They didn’t find the source of the pain but after pain killers he slept. Hopefully he will be okay this morning.
It is my DDs birthday today so would be awful if anything happens to him.

Urmstongran Sat 20-Nov-21 08:51:44

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where it’s damp and somewhat dismal. I’m not going anywhere so it really doesn’t matter.

This photo of the chess trophy was sent to me yesterday teatime by our youngest daughter to admire. It looks a bit ‘clunky’ doesn’t it but it represents our Boy Wonder’s surprising (to all of us, including him!) achievement and will be taking pride of place in their sitting room for a while.

I’ve loads of episodes of ‘Better Call Saul’ to entertain myself with on Netflix. Himself suggests I shuffle about the apartment occasionally so that I don’t get bed sores.

Enjoy Saturday all who can. I’m settling back now with a cuppa to read all your posts dear virtuals. x

Grandmadinosaur Sat 20-Nov-21 09:15:37

Good morning all. It’s dry and bright here in East Yorkshire.
Thank you everyone for your good wishes on my granddaughters arrival and I’m sending my congratulations to Grandmabatty and Grammaretto on the new babies.
Our baby seems to be doing well and both her and mum may be coming home early in the week.
Our easy Saturday hasnt materialised as the other gp aren’t visiting after all today so DH will take dgs to soft play this afternoon. We will however go out for lunch somewhere on our own prior to that.

Take care everyone.

Greyduster Sat 20-Nov-21 09:18:06

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It’s a bit twixt and tween on the South Yorkshire weather front this morning but it’s going to be a dry day. A quiet one for us with an hour or so in the garden if it’s not too cold. And some ironing. There’s always ironing! We are going out to dinner this evening at a pub local to us as it is son in law’s birthday. We will come back here for presents, cake and candles.
Well done to your GS, Urms! I’m hopeless at chess so he has my total respect!
Have a good day, folks.

EkwaNimitee Sat 20-Nov-21 09:38:42

Good morning Mick and everyone from grey Carlisle where it is trying to brighten up.
I had a poor nights' sleep last night then woke early with a migraine, which I've dumbed down with pills for the moment. Therefore I am starting the day gently and just pottering.

The new vacuum turned up yesterday in an unfeasibly small box so I needed to put it together....last night's entertainment. It seems to have good suction but I found it odd operating a machine without yards of annoying trailing cord.
Congratulations to those with new babies in the family, I hope the new mums soon recover.
Wishing you all an enjoyable weekend.

Blossoming Sat 20-Nov-21 09:39:25

Good morning all from cloudy grey Lancashire. Congratulations on your new grandson Grandmabatty. I think you should have a day of rest and relaxation after the stress of the last few days.
Congratulations on your new great nephew Grandmadinosaur, your niece must have been so tired carrying her big boy around!
My foot remains pain free, fingers crossed it will stay that way from now on.
Hugs to all in need of one, and high fives to all celebrating.

Blossoming Sat 20-Nov-21 09:42:34

Sorry, that should have been for Grammaretto, Grandmadinosaur I hope your daughter and baby are still doing well x

hulahoop Sat 20-Nov-21 09:46:41

Congratulations to grans with new arrivals hope mums are ok.?

Urmstongran Sat 20-Nov-21 09:57:12

Ooh congratulations to everyone celebrating new baby arrivals today! Such wonderful news & overlapping with the birthday parties of all the cute six year olds this weekend too. A lovely thread to read this morning! x

GrannyGravy13 Sat 20-Nov-21 10:04:27

Morning all

Congratulations on the new arrivals Grandmadinosaur and Grammaretto lots of cuddles I am sure ?❤️

Went to a shopping mall with The Imp and DH yesterday in an attempt to crack on with the gift buying, not very successful. I have always done my Christmas shopping with my dear Mum, this is the fourth Christmas without her, and it still hurts, shopping and lunching is just not the same.

We babysat for DS4 last night, at one point the 2yr old GS was trying to escape through the car flap, wasn’t sure whether to laugh or cry!!! Got them both in bed and asleep by 8.15pm then it was a Chinese takeaway and a glass of much needed cold white wine. Consequently today will be a quiet one.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

hollysteers Sat 20-Nov-21 10:13:42

Good morning all from a cloudy Lancashire coast. To add to my IBS, I have shingles, so it’s a getting through the day rather than what shall I do with enjoyment day.A night out is arranged too with a meal a train ride away, so shall take it easy to make it happen.
Lino cutting in art group yesterday, a messy business and I can’t get round to making actual Christmas cards, which I should.
The sessions for our Christmas concerts are frustrating (particularly feeling off colour) as our ‘leader’ keeps pulling out new songs and the order keeps changing, so lots of searching through music. The guitarist is so kind, providing us with flavoured latte drinks and cakes. He never stops smiling and one of the happiest people I have come across.
Watched an interesting programme on Netflix last night about Margaret Rutherford, her life was just as eventful as any novel.
Congratulations to all with new arrivals and hope you all have a nice weekend.
Another card painted.

Nannytopsy Sat 20-Nov-21 10:21:00

Good morning Mick and all his followers. It’s grey and still in Suffolk this morning. Congratulations to Granfmadinosaur, Grandmabatty and Grammaretto on all the new babies. What happy news!
We were invited to a village quiz last night, at the last minute, with DS etc. We
Came a very creditable second by only one point and if we had played our double points joker on any round other than the one we chose, we would have won!
England rugby this afternoon and garden tidying for the rest of the day. Hope the day is kind to everyone.

aggie Sat 20-Nov-21 10:27:22

Good morning everyone, Congratulations to those with new Grand-babies , enjoy their tiny ness ?

henetha Sat 20-Nov-21 10:47:15

Dull morning, feeling blue,
Simply don't know what to do.

Nell8 Sat 20-Nov-21 10:51:24

Good morning everyone from Surrey. I woke up in the middle of the night and have been in a groggy state since. The sky is overcast which doesn't inspire me to get going!
Last night we went to the first day of the Glow Event at RHS Wisley Gardens. The lighting effects and music created a fabulous show. The gardens have been a fantastic source of comfort since they re-opened during lockdown.

AGAA4 Sat 20-Nov-21 10:54:48

henetha sorry you are feeling down.? I always go for a walk if I feel a bit depressed . Usually works.

Gwenisgreat1 Sat 20-Nov-21 11:08:15

You're a poet and don't know it,henetha

henetha Sat 20-Nov-21 11:17:29

I regretted posting that. Sorry to be miserable. My family are away on holiday and I feel a bit lost. Yes, I will make myself go out for a walk in a minute. Thank you smile

Kalu Sat 20-Nov-21 11:18:46

Good morning all, wet day in Glasgow but still quite mild.

Feeling like a wrung out cloth with flu like symptoms and slept on and off yesterday so another day of taking things easy until this passes.

Exciting day for GD1 who starts her first Saturday job in WH Smiths in five minutes!

A very warm welcome to the new babies. many congratulations Grandmabatty, Grandmadinosaur and Grammaretto. I envy all the cuddles waiting for you to enjoy, that baby smell is so lovely.

Hoping a pleasant day ahead for all and a better day for those struggling with worries/health issues or just feeling under par not being too well.

Stilllearning Sat 20-Nov-21 12:04:54

A late good morning from rainy S Lanarkshire. Just home from a much needed hairdressing appointment where I was offered coffee for the first time since the start of the pandemic, I was quite excited!

DD phoned from her new house which she has started to clean from top to bottom, to ask agitatedly if I still have a mouse trap! I do indeed have a humane one which I will get to her pdq as she seems to think Mr Mouse might attack her?!

More lovely news about new babies, congratulations Grammaretto and Grandmabatty, you must be so relieved that your daughter is safe and well.

Glad you are feeling a bit better baubles, still plenty of rest needed by the sound of it.

Wishing everyone a good day ???