Gransnet forums

Chat

OK so who has snow today?

(121 Posts)
sazz1 Sat 27-Nov-21 16:23:19

Seen a few posts about the white stuff on gransnet. We don't have any here in South Devon yet sadly.
So do you have any, where are you roughly, and do you love it like me or hate it with a passion?
Do tell smile

Lilyflower Mon 29-Nov-21 15:18:23

We had a bit in my part of Buckinghamshire (though the Chilterns were covered). It had gone by lunchtime which was a relief as I've had an op and was fearful of falling so I was able to have my walk after all.

TwinLolly Mon 29-Nov-21 15:24:30

On Saturday we got a dusting of snow here where I live in France and on Sunday more of it. -3C this morning and snow frozen. I had to defrost water in the bird bath with some luke warm water.

I love it! smile

GreenGran78 Mon 29-Nov-21 15:30:51

We had a light covering on Sunday afternoon, in the Wigan, Lancashire area. It's partly melted during today, but is going to freeze this evening, I think. Shall I risk going to choir practice tonight? ?

Summerfly Mon 29-Nov-21 15:40:47

Plenty here in Cumbria ☃️☃️☃️

mar76 Mon 29-Nov-21 15:43:11

No electricity here for 3 days in our village in NE. BŔRRRRRRR.

Susieq62 Mon 29-Nov-21 15:46:53

I live in West Yorkshire and yesterday was awful . The snow came down heavily, quite unexpectedly plus it hid black ice from the previous night so I went flying. Just bruised I am pleased to say. I couldn’t get in my car first thing as the doors were frozen, our tiny street never gets gritted so I tried very carefully this morning. It is thawing now but there have been a few crashes plus power cuts locally.
It is too early for the white stuff in my opinion. I hate being cold or not being able to get out. However, it is very pretty%!

Brewteaful Mon 29-Nov-21 15:51:35

We had lots of snow in Derbyshire!

sazz1 Mon 29-Nov-21 16:09:23

Brewteaful
You are so lucky. Still none in south Devon ?

helgawills Mon 29-Nov-21 16:19:42

Joesoap underneath the box you type in, there are Image links that say choose file. For mine to work, I need to put them (photos) on mydesktop

Juicylucy Mon 29-Nov-21 16:30:17

We had covering in Hertfordshire first thing this morning it’s bitter cold.
Love love love snow❄️

Mistyfluff8 Mon 29-Nov-21 16:35:51

Daughter had the wet snow in Solihull but it didn’t last More like the winds were bitter in South Somerset

nannypiano Mon 29-Nov-21 16:37:32

We had a couple of inches in Northampton yesterday evening. I didn't realise until my son rang from Bedfordshire to ask if we had any. I was shocked when I opened the door and saw everything covered and white.

Flossiebo Mon 29-Nov-21 16:39:27

Got it in the NE.
Like snow for one cay, when it is deep and crisp and even.
HATE it when it ices over and stays that way for days on end, causing me to tippy toe on dog walks. Crossing the road is a perilous exercise and pavements deliberately hide their slippy bits, just waiting for me to discover them!
I am getting old and grumpy ?

Mollygo Mon 29-Nov-21 16:43:52

It wasn’t just the snow in Cumbria, but the layer of big fluffy flakes froze almost immediately. Took me ages to clear the car for going to swim today.

Elvis58 Mon 29-Nov-21 17:00:16

None in the East Ridings.I loathe it so am glad there is'nt any.

Nannina Mon 29-Nov-21 17:56:17

Quite heavy snowfall and high wind overnight on Friday, froze over on Saturday and a further heavy snowfall on top of the iced snow on Sunday. Roads and pavements treacherous here in Sheffield with several accidents. Temperature set to rise tomorrow so hopefully we’ll have a thaw and I can leave the house

MarjieM Mon 29-Nov-21 18:00:03

I hate the stuff. Yes we have it. I’m in Southern Scotland on the moors. The snow has frozen overnight and is lethal. I’m praying for warm rain.

Amberone Mon 29-Nov-21 18:05:22

Woke up this morning in N Surrey to an inch of snow on the garden and cars, but none on the roads. Very cold first thing but by lunchtime a bit warmer and the snow was melting. The sort pf snow I like ?

Twig14 Mon 29-Nov-21 18:38:49

Had quite a bit in our area of greater Manchester looked beautiful and very festive. Plenty still on the ground but warming up according to weather forecast so will melt

Nannan2 Tue 30-Nov-21 08:57:04

Had a good bit in lancashire yesterday- all gone now.There'll be icy roads everywhere still though.